Stopping At Platforms

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Zammy Martínez, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

Ive noticed on the GWR lines in the past, but just now on the NEC service i noticed it and i thought I would report it here.

The icon that tells you where to stop on the platform is not always accurate at all, and for those who like to be as realistic/authentic as possible, you will change camera as the common sense hits you as you think theres no way my 10/12 coach train is all on the platform when this thing told me to stop here, next thing you look and half the bloody train is sticking out of the end of the platform.
    Imagine in real how embarrassing it would be if a driver got that wrong, then worst still opened the doors.. Ill be honest when ive been late and overshot the platform i just open the doors, but what i like is that the game doesn’t allow anyone to alight if thats the case, but yh Dovetail i think thats a misleading fault.

2. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

On the gwr i stop at the appropriate signage on the station. Look for an S or a more specific sign that will provide train stopping points based on lengths.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

Yh in real life the S or appropriate number of cars stop is realistic, but for some long platforms dont you just feel bad or weird about stopping al the way down there if its not a long train? Lol

Plus in real life there are some stations woth long platforms and the train stops half way, they must kno where, but when i watch vids on youtube the guys dont even know where to stop sometimes, they just stop where seems realistic to them.

But my issue is tellin me to stop and my ass is hanging out

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

On WSR there is one stopping point that is just as you come into the station which is daft. Watchet I think it is (the one with the big church across the road). You can go another couple of hundred yards at least to get the train in