Fishing Sim World Striking A Bass By The Boat Is Broken.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by metimmather, Jan 2, 2021.

1. metimmather

metimmather Member

i would love to know how if im dipping to rodtip under the boat as just seen big fish just below boat and ive only got about 4 or 5 feet of line from rodtip to lure and get a bite, striking does sweet (edited by Clarkey)! its as if just the act of a fish biting magically puts 15 feet of line between rodtip and lure, so you can only set a hook when a fish has swam the 15feet away giving the tension to trigger the strike mechanic, many times il get a bite, strike, it not register and when the fish does swim the 15feet my rod is already vertical so cant strike at all and lose the fish.
    its double annoying due to the fact of you only do that type of thing of dropping lure under the boat if its a monster youve already seen, so the missed bites are always the big ones.
    it makes zero sense how if ive got 4 foot of line between rodtip and lure and fish biting does register

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2021
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi metimmather, are you saying that you are getting a bite of a fish under the boat and the rod doesn't register it until the fish is 15 feet away?

3. metimmather

metimmather Member

yeah, you get a bite, strike and it doesnt register and you have keep waving rod up and down in order for a strike to register a second or two later. its like a fish biting adds 15foot of slack line onto your line so you have waiting for the fish to swim off and give you tension to strike.
    i get that they dont want you to strike as fish jumps as you get a bite but as soon as fish falls back intothe water from the jumping bite you should surely be under tension with the smalll length out line between rod tip and lure.

4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member