PC Stuck Break Db Br 363

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Alexandreo3, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

If you overcharge the brake pipe to get a faster release throughout the consist and then go back to the normal release or the neutral position the brake cylinder gets charged.
    Even, thou the brake pipe stays at its 5-bar standard pressure.
    Meaning that the brake becomes stuck on at the loco and there is no way to fix this.
    The only thing one can do is to restart the entire scenario/service.
    This only happens when you have waggons attached to the loco.
    If decouple the brakes can be released by overcharging them again.
    Afterwards they stay released like they should, but once you couple back up to the waggons the become stuck on again like before.

2. EntityNL

EntityNL New Member

Just bought the BR 363 and I ran into the same issue (I'm assuming). When running the loco on its own, it is fine, but when the wagons are attached, the brakes don't seem to work correctly. It takes full throttle to get the wagons even moving and as soon as set the throttle to "idle", the wheels on the loco just block and slides along until the train comes to a stop. All brakes are set to release/driving, so I don't think that should happen.

3. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

The DB BR 363 brakes are hard to explain, I recommend you watch the stream, Matt explains both brakes in great detail.
    Never use the release position or you will overcharge the brakes and get big problems releasing them again.

Loco brake 17min30sec
    Train brake 19min17sec

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

The thing is thats not how it should work.
    After going back to the running position the BP pressure should just go back down to 5bar.
    And the brakes shouldnt apply because BP pressure is still arround 5bar.
    But for the game its just sinking pressure -> apply brakes.
    Not what the actual BP pressure is and thats just wrong and should be fixed.

5. EntityNL

EntityNL New Member

Thanks, now that I'm staying away from the release setting it is working fine for me. This should be in the tutorial or documentation somewhere, and not in the middle of a stream somewhere, regardless of it being by design or flawed. It ruined my initial impression of the BR363, but now that I know how to handle it, I quite like the loco.

• Like Like x 1