Stutters After Latest Updates.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Airbus A319, Oct 3, 2020.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that's not an option if you want to use any edited liveries: instant crash.

2. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

Early days. But I have capped my FPS at 30 and there seems to be an improvement. I run with everything at max in 4k and vsync on. I don't understand computers so I only mess around with in game settings. Still get the odd micro stutter and the usual bigger ones around Munchen but the 30fps does seem steadier. Thinking about it the other Sims I play, Bus Sim 18, euro truck 2 and assetto corsa competizione all run at a steady 30fps. This simple change might help others. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Now I’ve recently updated to the latest Nvidia “Game Ready” Driver so I can’t pinpoint unless I roll back, but there’s seem to be slightly more stutters since the latest TSW2 update too? I thought it was just one route, but it seems to be a few. FPS set at 60 maintaining that throughout no matter what route (slight drop in München of course).

4. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

this issue is with AMD Cards PC The issue was fixed in the mid october PC Stream Patch when came back when LGV Was launched u can even check out my gameplay videos and livestreams from that time on my you tube channel GFYS Gaming Australia to see for yourself the issues im not happy about it it happens when i go to press a button on the keyboard or controller on move the camera around it freezes for like 1 to 2 secs its not my GTX 1060 6GB as well because this issue is not going on the PS4 Game and this issue is even happing if im livestreaming or not same issue happens i want it fixed in the next patch and make shore it wont happen when updates happen again

5. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The issues surrounding AMD crashes continue to be worked on. Initially the problem was removed from the Roadmap as we believed the problem had been fixed. However as you mentioned, after the LGV was launched we saw increased reports of crashes for AMD users and so we added it to the Roadmap once more and continued to investigate.

The problem isn't a simple one to fix and we are working as efficiently as we can to resolve it but it's just taking a bit of time. I can't promise you when it will be resolved but it won't be ready for the next patch releases.

We will share with you when we have more updates.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

it needs to be fixed simple the game is not worth playing on AMD simple i do 3 livestreams each week with this game have even with TSW2020 and issues have never been this bad yeah okay u not working out of the normal head office but if i was in there working i would make shore the people that give u there hard earn cash would get a game that is pure down wonderful and been known as one of the gems of simulator video gaming teh whole ai system is shot as well and neds a rework big time i know they talked about it in the last qna of 2020 so hope to see a whole new ai system in play soon u do know that rail sim is coming so get the ball rolling if u want to stay ontop

7. solicitr

This is working well for me on a fairly modest machine,* at least in 1080:

[System Settings]
    r.TextureStreaming=0
    r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=1
    r.BloomQuality=0
    r.ViewDistanceScale=3
    foliage.LODDistanceScale=5
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.Color.Mid=0.4
    r.TemporalAASharpness=1.0
    r.TemporalAASamples=64
    r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=10
    r.Shadow.DistanceScale=4.0
    r.ShadowQuality=5
    r.LandscapeLODDistributionScale=4
    r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.70

I'm still playing a bit to improve distant foliage pop-in, and nothing can solve the creeping-shadow problem, but I have no stuttering at all (game throttled to 75fps, = monitor refresh rate).

*quad Core i5 3GHz, 16Gb, GTX 1060

• Like Like x 1
  8. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Thanks solicitr, I have a 1080ti so will give this a try. I hope they will put this problem on the roadmap for nvidia users as well as it isn't just AMD. I have seen people with top end cards getting this as well others not.

9. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

there will always be some stutter
    no matter how you edit the ini files
    but with tweaking you can reduce it somewhat
    it al depends on how you want your game to look

10. solicitr

Update: I've turned motion blur back on. It helps disguise the "creeping sleepers" and similar behavior by fences and the like, and I don't spend any time looking at turning wheels.

------------------
    Incidentally, it does make a difference if you shut down any other running apps that may be trying to access the CPU or disk, or simply taking up RAM.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Definitely, but it can be quite tricky with Windows. I had problems a few evenings ago with bad stuttering, frame rates dropping into the red (<10fps) - turned out Windows had unilaterally decided on doing an update behind my back. :o