1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: Dmus And Emus

Discussion in 'Content Suggestions & Proposals' started by nigeldarl2, Sep 22, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

22.2%
  1. nigeldarl2

nigeldarl2 New Member

could we have more first gen dmus

Derby suburban Class 116
    [​IMG]

Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co. Ltd Cross Country Class 119
    [​IMG]

Swindon Cross Country Class 120
    [​IMG]

Swindon Intercity Class 123
    [​IMG]

Transpennine Swindon Class 124
    [​IMG]

Also 2nd gen emus like

Class 310
    [​IMG]

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

We need the 310 right now

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

So long as we have the routes to go with them... no point having old DMU or EMU units if we don't have the period routes.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  4. Random Railfan

I think it would be fine if DTG made a WCML south route from Euston to Coventry set in the modern day and used stuff from the European Asset Pack for the AI trains in scenarios for the 310.

5. Cat

Cat Active Member

Yes we need more of the older, proper trains, not the plastic types of today. Bring on the 4CORs and 4SUBs I say.

As for backdated routes and more, look here. https://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/route-downloads.html

And here. https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/

Without wishing to hijack this thread I see that someone has voted No. I really fail to see the point of a No vote in this context, it's trolling. If people aren't interested in the proposed content then they should either ignore it or give a reason for their objection.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Upvote Upvote x 1
  6. Random Railfan

Probably that Dean guy who claimed that you're a communist.

7. Cat

Cat Active Member

I see another person has voted No to this proposal.
    Perhaps those who have voted no should air their views here as to why they object to these suggestions. Or are they just trolls?

Back on topic, I like the look of the Swindon 123.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So far DTG have made DMUs that can be used on the routes they make.
    Unless a route is available I don't see DTG making any others - however they did make the BR Class 402 - 2-Hal emu which was withdrawn well before the routes we have are set. so there is a possibility.

Class 104 could be made for the Weardale and Teesdale route as these sets were based in the Newcastle area
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_104
    Class 115 could be made for the Liverpool to Manchester via Warrington Central route as the sets were common on the line before newer Pacer and Sprinter trains took over.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_115

Peter

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A slight problem with setting a Euston to Coventry route (Why not Birmingham New St) is the Class 310 units were withdrawn in 2002 so a route set with Pendolinos and Voyagers would not look right with a 310

Peter

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Aside from the fact that any additional content is a good thing, these old 50s and 60s DMUs – for me – don't hold that much immediate interest. I actually initially read this thread thinking it was about TSW (I've already added a suggestion to better differentiate forum threads in the New Posts list), where we already have the 101 and plenty of dirty 50s BR stuff, but very little in the way of fresh, modern UK trains. The Trans Pennine and Tees Valley DLC for TSW are set in that grim period of British Rail history where everything was tired, dirty and in need of modernisation; the closest thing we have to a new British train is the GWE Class 166 (early 90s) and HST (70s) so in that context, I'd say no purely on the grounds that there are many other trains I'd rather see.

Suggesting that people should only ever answer yes to a poll makes it a fairly pointless exercise - the no option allows you to see that some people might actually be less interested in the suggestion, rather than have those people ignoring the thread and assume 100% of people desperately want it. Would I like to see these trains in the game? Yes, sure, I'd like to see every train in the game. But would I want them to devote immediate resources to that which would otherwise be spent on something else? No.

11. Cat

Cat Active Member

^^ Points taken but a No vote suggests an emphatic No unless backed up with a reasoned response. As for the Yes vote reaching 100% then DTG could use figures gleaned from that to consider as to whether to make the content being proposed.

Yes the BR blue period was grim but it was, (for me) more interesting; more infrastructure, the variety of locos and other stock. Modern railways don't interest me at all but I would never put a No vote to any proposal.

12. Random Railfan

Yeah but maybe it could use stuff from the Euro asset pack, include AI-only trains, or include the Class 86 and 87 in the pack.