PlayStation Super N00b Question About Loco Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Turbojugend, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

So, I already own a bunch of route DLC and I just purchased the M3. This is my first experience with train DLC, it appears to have added some unfamiliar stops/areas on the LIRR route. Is this customary with most train DLC? I assumed I'd be getting new scenarios and timetables, but not new route sections.

Thanks in advance!

2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Which unknown area are you referring to? I don't have M3 but I don't remember it being said here that it unlocks any new areas. And I don't think it adds any additional services either, it just replaces some of the M7 ones.
    As far as I know and if not someone correct me, of the additional add-ons the only one that allows access to an area is the BR 204 in MSB, specifically to the Aschaffenburg harbour, as it is not electrified.
    Although that area is not blocked off and can be walked through.
    Then there are other locomotives that allow access to certain sidings and industrial areas, like the BR 363 for example.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Turbojugend

"Interlocking Jay" is one area, maybe it's on one of the M7 services but I don't recall seeing it. And there are some yards in shunting missions that I'm unfamiliar with.

I'd try referencing it on the in-game map, but it applies the emergency brake whenever I try to do so. :mad:

4. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

It uses the scarcely used Long Island City stub in a scenario which is never used in timetables to my knowledge.

The M3 is somewhat buggy as is much of the LIRR (such as the e-brake activating on the M3). Supposed to be fixed in a (hopefully) upcoming patch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Turbojugend

I'll say: Running a scenario from Ronkonkoma to Penn, I get stuck in the Penn Station tunnel by a loco ahead that refuses to move. Contacting the signaler of course does nothing, so I wait. And wait. Finally, I take a lunch break, leaving the game alone for half an hour. Still stuck. In desperation, I exit my train and head for the loco ahead several hundred yards ahead, hoping that I can somehow operate the controls manually and get it to move. I get to where the train is supposed to be. Nothing there. So I walk back to my own train and now the signal is clear, the phantom loco has been removed from the map. Scenario cleared.

What. The.

• Like Like x 1