Support For Joysticks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LimitedEdiition, Jul 5, 2022.

1. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I know that there are other previous threads calling for this suggestion, but I would like to throw in my vote for it as well. At the moment, the only hardware that is officially supported are controllers and the RailDriver. While these are great alternatives to mouse and keyboard controls, I feel DTG is doing a huge disservice to those of us with flight simulator peripherals or those of us with generic joysticks. Considering the fact that there are vastly more joysticks out there than RailDrivers (in my opinion it is overpriced and ancient at this point), I feel like ignoring support for isn't a great decision. I know there are 3rd party applications that try to map it, but the convenience factor isn't there, and I feel like Dovetail should strongly consider sending some of the developers responsible for RailDriver implementation to at least dabble with joysticks. Other simulators like TramSim offer some level of support, and make driving a much more immersive activity, and I feel like TSW2 should join them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member