Swapping From Old Ts To Ts22

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Farmer_C, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

I used to play TS on PC a few years ago. Then I swapped to PS4 and TSW. Now I’ve been thinking about making a comeback to PC. However, before taking any drastic measures I would like to confirm a couple of points. Hence, I would really appreciate it, if someone were kindly to shed some light on

1) If I buy TS22 can I use my old routes and DLC with the latest version?

2) Is livery modding still possible and are there any good guides how the technical side of the process goes (I’ve been doing custom liveries before, for example Dirt Rally 2.0 - so it’s not a totally new area for me).

Cheers for any info.

2. jrnyfan4life

jrnyfan4life New Member

Yes and yes, should be plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to create your own liveries. If you already have a previous version of TS, then this will update to the current version, though you won't have any new routes that are included if you buy TS22 outright.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

There are very few if any compatibility problems with older DLC- preserving that compatibility has been much of the reason that TS hasn't seen much development with TSW created as a new simulator. The only problem I've come across is with one of the scenarios for Sherman Hill when running on the 64 bit core. It's still fine on the 32 bit .exe.

If you bought TS through Steam you should just need to install the Steam program on your new PC, log in then leave it to download and install TS (and any other software acquired through Steam of course) and, as mentioned above, this will even be updated to the most recent version of the core program. If not there is an option to add non-Steam games to Steam (click Add a Game in the bottom left corner) which may give it the same status though, never having had to use it, can't say for sure.

Edit: Of course Steam won't "know" about any third party DLC you may have so that will have to be installed by you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Hang on a sec though.

If you own any version of TS through Steam (i.e. TS2016 or whatever) then you simply need to redownload it through Steam and it will automatically update to TS2022 FREE OF CHARGE, you do NOT need to repurchase TS2022 in this case.

Look through your Steam library for your old version of TS (and click install) before spending any money, you can of course purchase a TS2022 bundle and you will acquire the DLC that's bundled with this years version but you may not even want that particular DLC so check your library first and then just buy DLC that suits your style/needs

• Like Like x 1
  5. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Much obliged guys. This was very good news. I will update my old TS on Steam and start searching relevant modding videos from Youtube. Cheers very much.

6. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

You don't need your old Steam Library if you can remember your old Steam user name and password, once you have re-installed Steam log in and it should display your old Steam library down the left side. Click on Train Simulator then install and let it run. It will take awhile depending on how much stuff you had.

• Like Like x 1
  7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

That is because it has a rolling start which is a 32-bit savegame and rounding errors in the train position's data and speed vectors lead to this, nothing wrong with the loco itself, just that scenario.

• Like Like x 1