Swiss Route - From Rivet Games

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer, Jan 25, 2022.

1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

From today's roadmap a new route, titled "Swiss Route" created by Rivet Games, was added. The details are unknown, however we have the code:

[What is the Route]
    Code & Teasers

[CBB-R7 02]
    To break that down, that is:

C - Switzerland
    B - Electric (AC)
    B - Electric (AC)
    R - Route
    7 - 2011>

The '02' indicates it's the second of it's type, following in the footsteps of Arosa Linie.

Rivet then went ahead and posted a teaser, showing a track layout around what seems to be a terminus: FJ9faBaWUAgkcXO-1.png

Now, this hasn't been seen in any Rivet route so far, confirming it's related to "Swiss Route".
    I found, via the TSC Discord, that it's almost certainly Luzern in Switzerland: FJ9gmKsXMAAfC9n.png

To back this up, The Class 150 had a poster depicting one of the City's landmarks: 7dd5c1c0-2391-42d1-b338-c393e883555a.jpeg
    I think it's hardly a question this route runs to Luzern.

Route Speculation
    Ok, it's 100 percent that. So, then, the question is:
    Luzern to Where?

It was shown in a video of Rivet's something (I don't know what, tbh) with "Luzern - Sursee" as it's name. Is that our next Swiss route? Who knows.

Rolling Stock?
    Having looked around (primarily) Discord, I've found that one of the predominant trains on the Luzern S-Bahn and the Luzern - Interlaken line - among others - were 'FLIRT' units. Among them, the RABe 523 EMU, which just so happened to be shown in a rivet post recently. Coincidence? Maybe...
    Screenshot_20220125_164654.jpg

Anyway, that's where I'm leaving things. I've made this to be the thread that is the "Speculation Thread" for "Swiss Route", and overtime I hope it will evolve into the "Unofficial × to × feedback thread".

• Like Like x 24
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As if Luzern wasn't enough, if the code is correct (AC electrification) means it's an SBB-CFF-SSF route, not a RhB one.

Considering a Flirt is the photo on the Luzern-Sursee railway wikipedia page I think it's safe to assume the Flirt is coming with this route.

I think it's still too early to say with certainty where the route ends - I think it's safe to assume it's on the Olten-Luzern railway (Sursee is an intermediate stop), the whole line is 55km so it's possible we might get the route in its entirety.

I think we will get the Flirt and an SBB Cargo Traxx (because the wikipedia page says it's a busy freight corridor), with the RE460 (and hopefully a cab car) possibily coming as a loco DLC in the future.

My other guess is that the route is set a few years ago in the early 2010s, since this was one of the first routes equipped with ETCS

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

luzerne to Zurich with a 460 and coahes + pilot cars for IC train and S1 to Sursee

4. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

My guess: Luzern-Sursee (almost definitely.
    A few months ago, Rivet accidentally posted a screenshot of their tools, and one of the categories said “Luzern-Sursee”
    Apart from that, you can’t believe how excited I am hahaha

• Like Like x 5
  5. Ferrovipathe67

I think it's Zürich Lucerne with the complete S bahn branch to Sursee with the S1 the flirt and the IR 70 from Luzern to Zurich with a Re 460 and intercity coaches

6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I'm excited too. Words cannot describe how much I'd love to visit Switzerland. However, for now, a virtual glimpse will be wonderful for me :)

Hopefully it doesn't start out as bumpy (probably an understatement) as Arosa Linie did.

• Like Like x 3
  7. AmbyyRose

AmbyyRose Member

You got me on the first word Swiss and I immediately came to this post. This if coming out would be an instant buy as I miss Switzerland so much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I think it will be the FLIRT only as RE 460 + Coaches + Cabcar is probably too much. Maybe as Loco DLC tho.

Maybe the can do one version Of the FLIRT with PZB and Sifa for Scenario Planner only, as it would perfectly fit for HRR for example. But I highly doubt that.

Their FLIRT for TS had no Original sounds. I hope this time it will be the case.

9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Any new route is always a positive thing, but a none Uk, German or US route is even better.

Assuming it does start at Luzern then Ive got my fingers crossed for the Golden Pass line between Luzern & Interlaken, at 80Km it would be at the absolute max length and probably too far for rivet but it would be an awesome route to drive.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Swisstrains

Probably also a Re420? Some freightcars would be very cool, and the Br185.5 MRCE and Railpool could substitute, along with the MRCE Br182

11. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

I'm not exited if Rivet is making it, whatever is included FLIRT or not is going to have broken acceleration

• Like Like x 4
  12. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

But if that is the Case, I guess it will be Al Only as Our 185 and 182 don't have the Swiss Safety Systems implemented :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Swisstrains

Oh damn, your right! Didn’t think that far hahaha

14. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Luzern to Interlaken doesn't use FLIRTS - instead they use custom narrow gauge Stadler units - usually a 7+3 formation with restaurant car in the 7 portion. They also have a very strange drive system with the bogies in the high floor car (cars 2 and 6) containing the rack drive and the high/low cars being adhesion drive

[​IMG]

Zentralbahn is also rack equipped so that would need a lot of core work.

• Like Like x 4
  15. dosto762

It might be Luzern-Zurich

16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

RhB (or most of it, including Arosa-Chur) is AC. It's just nonstandard 11kV, but it's still AC (Arosa's code was also CBB)

17. Ferrovipathe67

it would not be interesting to have only flirting and then personally if there is only flirting I am not interested because flirting fills the calendar very little and moreover it is as if DTG had done GWR without HST

18. Ferrovipathe67

Yes and with a complete branch to Sursee

• Like Like x 1
  19. redrev1917

Sadly you make very valid points :(

20. Ferrovipathe67

have 22 km to pay 30 euro I pass my laps beacause Luzern to Sursee is 22klm

21. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I just checked and it's only the Bernina line which has 1kV DC. My bad, thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  22. dosto762

It seems more likely to be Luzern-Zurich with a Sursee branch like you said before rather than just Sursee...

• Like Like x 1
  23. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Well, maybe they will learn, but i will wait for other to bêtatest it...
    Still good news to have another Swiss route !

• Like Like x 1
  24. Swisstrains

I guess it will be Luzern-Olten. Zürich would require an unbelievable amount of resources, probably 1,5 times the amount than Munich needed. Olten and Luzern would be like Hamburg-Lübeck, so doable for consoles

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I don't think it would make sense to create such a big mainline as a first route, as DTG pointed out it would just feel dead, I also believe a large number of different trains operate there (most of the trains which then go through the Gotthard base tunnel), so even just an IC and a Flirt (which is already more than what's realistically coming - probabily just the Flirt and maybe a reskinned Traxx) would not be enough.

By writing Luzern-Sursee on google I found the Luzern-Olten line which seems more feasible. It's a short-ish route (about 55km), only using 1 train type, which is more like a medium-size project which can help Rivet build an object library, and get a widely used swiss train developed, without too many other things going on, like a major international connection with tons of traffic and different train types.

Also I am not sure if Rivet are ok with building two big terminus, and 95km would be a big project even for DTG. I think you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. DTG themselves take a different approach, for example there was no way Brighton Main Line would have been feasible if Brighton wasn't already built for ECW. I can't see DTG (Let alone Rivet!) taking such an undertaking as their first standard gauge swiss route, which I think for all intents and purposes can be considered "a different country" compared to Arosa, and it wouldn't make sense anyway without a whole lot of different trains already built.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  26. redrev1917

Ok heres a curve ball.

But what about the S1 line to Sursee with the 9km Sursee-Triengen Railway line included with initially a SBB frieght only layer on for through running from Luzern.

Then a few months down the line we could get a Steam DLC for this section?

• Like Like x 1
  27. solicitr

I for one would not approve of plunking a steam train down on a modern route. For the same reason I never bought DLGW: I dislike anachronism.

• Like Like x 3
  28. redrev1917

Even when in real life steam trains run down the line even today?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sursee-Triengen_Railway

29. solicitr

Railtours. Meh.

Additional problem: Sursee-Triengen is not electrified, and so would require building a SBB Tm IV diesel.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  30. redrev1917

Not rail tours mate read the link

31. solicitr

Heritage railway then. Still meh.
    And again: not electrified.

32. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

While I'd love it to be Luzern to Zürich (as I live there), I can't see them doing Zürich. As somebody has already said, the amount of resources it would take is huge. Plus it would look incredibly empty. Depending on the route taken, a lot of it is alongside lakes and I don't think TSW in general does water that well.

The route I would like out of Luzern is another one that I don't think they'd make. I'd go for Luzern - Engelberg.

Anyway, I'm excited for it. I've criticised Rivet in the past, but I enjoy Arosa after the most recent fixes and despite a few bugs, I find West Cornwall really enjoyable. So can't wait to see how this develops.

• Like Like x 2
  33. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Hasn’t stopped Rivet so far. :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

It not be the route to Interlaken or Engelberg, as they would require rack railway, which is not yet supported by the core. There even was never a rack railway on TS, which has way easier physics. But those are lines I would love to see one day in TSW

• Like Like x 2
  35. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Looks very promising, I wait for more to be revealed...

36. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

No way Rivet is making this route to Züri. It would be a mess from the tracks and the station way too empty with the lack of rolling stock. Realisticly to Olten, but probably its just to sursee, who knows.

Im hoping for a re420. (below a video of the 421 on a run to duisburg)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2B0wM0xdRg

Ruhrpott.jpg

Ruhrpott3.jpg

Ruhrpott2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  37. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

38. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

I think it will be Luzern - Olten, seems a viable distance with plenty of action along the line, with the FLIRT and maybe the intercity train or freight.

• Like Like x 3
  39. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I’d like to see an improvement issued by Rivet for West Cornwall Local before I invest in any other Rivet route.

• Like Like x 3
  40. dosto762

TSW2 releases seem to only have one new train per release so I doubt a intercity train will be in the route straight away. However a reskinned BR 185 in sbb Cargo livery would be likely

• Like Like x 1
  41. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

One thing that could be new - dual gauge track - parts of Luzern station and the Zentralbahn heading south are mixed standard/metre gauge - TS classic didn't support that, might give more options for future swiss routes.

(Zentralbahn is mixed gauge to Kriens for freight access to some local industry)

• Like Like x 1
  42. dosto762

BR266?

43. Swisstrains

problem could be, that they would have to implement the Swiss safety systems- and that would take way more work than just reskinning it

44. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Luzern - Olten is my bet, it seems more probable than Luzern - Zürich.
    Going only to Sursee would be very short.

• Like Like x 4
  45. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

Yess, sadly that is usually the case, that's why i think there will be a freight layer of an existing freight loco. (But a surprise intercity would always be welcome ofcourse!)

• Like Like x 1
  46. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the line all the way to Olten, but i'd also be happy when the line goes just to Sursee, as their folder was named, (would at least be the complete S1). But then the scenery should look like they took their time with it to justify the short route. If the line stops at Sursee i want to see at least a second Glasgow, not a second Arosa.

Also its a shame that the flirt wont be equipped with PZB, as it would fit very Well on German routes too.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Ferrovipathe67

No because the IR does 80% on all service on the map

48. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I think believing it will go past Sursee after we've already seen the "Luzern - Sursee" screenshot is very wishfull thinking. My bet is on it's going to be just the 22 km section between Luzern and Sursee. I mean making incomplete routes has never stopped TSW route development. I mean just look at the upcoming Harlem Line...

• Like Like x 5
  49. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Good news: it's not in the Uk nor in Germany and neither in the US.
    Bad news: it's made by Rivet.

• Like Like x 4
  50. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Why is it bad news . It is in fact great news that a third party is building a new route

• Like Like x 7