Euro Fishing Switching Rods (improvement Request)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hendore, Aug 13, 2017.

?
  1. Yes, I want to see this.

2. No, it's an awful idea.

3. Not bothered.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hendore

Hendore New Member

For a bit of background into my fishing style, I take 2 main rods which will be equipped with a tough breaking strain line and a third light setup say 3lb - 6lb mono which I like to fish the margins in the evenings and early mornings with a waggler and small bait hoping to catch some nice tench.

So after finishing a session fishing from a peg for the day or night I pack up so that I can head to another spot to do a little waggler fishing, when I get to where I want to fish and go to cast out I realise I'm holding the wrong rod, not my waggler setup with light line. I have two choices, walk to a signpost (which are very spread out and would be a waste of valuable dusk/dawn time) or find the nearest peg, claim it switch rod and then unclaim the peg and head back the my destination, both of these options makes the overall experience suck a little.

This video shows the problem, I have a rod with 20lb line yet I wanted my lighter setup so I had to find a peg to switch rod (sometimes these pegs can be quite spread quite apart for example the northern side of St Johns Lake)

Please can we get the ability to switch rod when out stalking (so long as you haven't claimed a peg already as that would make no sense). Having your player carry a rod bag so that the illusion of rods magically appearing/disappearing from thin air would certainly add some polish to this improvement request.

Thoughts?

2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

That would be nice yes. Myself I never use the waggler though , it's mechanics is way too broken and frustrating.

3. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

This would be a nice feature for us to implement Hendore. I am aware that it is on your collated Trello board but will make a mention of it to the development team to make sure they are aware of it.