Euro Fishing Tackle Box Size ?!?

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by REN56, Jun 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. REN56

REN56 New Member

Hi all...

Re: Tacklebox

Am I the only one playing "Euro Fishing" - regardless of the game/sim platform - though I'm playing it in the PS4 - that absolutely does not understand at all *why* we are so limited - why we are limited at all even - with the "size" of the Tackle Box?!? To be clear, I'm *not* referring to the in-game Tackle Shop/Store, nor to the section that shows the items that we've purchased and now own. I'm specifically referring to the Tackle Box itself for our respective character (yes, I know we can have multiple tackle boxes, but that's still not solving the size limitation that I'm referring to here). Only *4* "slots" allowed for hooks and only *4* "slots" allowed for bait. Seriously?!?! Why should we even have *any* size limitation for our tackle box in the first place? Being restricted like this just seems totally unnecessary and totally ridiculous to me! (Or am I just missing something as to a logical justifiable reason for such a small size restriction for tackle in our Tackle Box?) I've read through the forums and I'm very surprised that no one else has mentioned this (or I missed it if so) and perhaps isn't questioning it and annoyed by it or finding it as unnecessary limiting/restricting as I do.

Besides the already known & covered bugs, glitches, etc. - which hopefully will be fixed eventually with a patch/update as soon as the developers can do so... I have been very pleased with this fishing game/sim overall and I've been enjoying it... and looking forward to additional DLC and additional "content" to be added as others have asked about to further enhance and improve on to make "Euro Fishing" even better overall for everyone than it already is... great job on a fun fishing game/sim! :)

But... again, what's up with the TACKLE BOX SIZE limitation???

Happy fishing & happy gaming!
    - Robert -

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hendore

Hendore New Member

I can see the point in tournaments to limit baits you can take to the lake if say the time of day, season and weather had an impact on fish feeding habits and the baits they would likely take, it would add an element of planning your session to get the best result, pick bad baits you're screwed.

As for freedom fishing, it's nothing but a pain in the ass when experimenting with different gear, tackle and baits having to leave the session switch tackle box and start all over again.

3. ian

ian Member

red maggot two different type of bollies tiger nuts games so arcady size 12 and 4 silt hooks is all you need catch everything on these the time weather make the difference theres no skill in this game wast of time buying items use 25lb dacron on weight tournaments and just crank the fish in its the only way to finish in the points

4. REN56

REN56 New Member

For our tackle box... we currently get only 4 slots max allowed for bait in a tackle box. Only 4 slots for hooks. Only 3 fishing rods. Only 3 fishing reels. Only 3 fishing lines. We're currently allowed to create 4 individual/seperate tackle boxes - but we can only take one tackle box with us when we start a fishing session - and must walk around at a location to find a board where we can then swap tackle boxes if/when fish aren't biting with what we have with us or conditions dictate a change would be wise. Fun-fun-fun (NOT). So, we can spend time walking around at a location looking for a board that allows us to switch to a different tackle box... that's nice... BUT we could've been using most of that time actually fishing more instead IF we could simply access *ALL* of our purchased fishing gear to make changes "on the fly" quickly & easily and without having to exit out of the session, etc.

Going on Ian's comment above... Ian suggests that the game/sim is so simple ("arcady" to quote) that we *only* need a red maggot, 2 boilies, and tiger nuts - without being more specific on *exactly* which specific bait items Ian is referring to specifically of each of those - to catch *everything* in the current game according to Ian. Even if that were to be true (I'm not saying it isn't true, I have no idea) to catch *anything/everything* in the current game/sim... with only 4 slots allowed for bait in a tackle box... the bait selection available in the Tackle Shop currently has 2 different red-colored maggots (1 live / 1 artificial) & 1 "pink" that looks red, 4 different boilies (1 green / 3 brown, 2 float / 2 sink, 3 15mm / 1 18mm), 3 different tiger nuts (2 15mm / 1 22mm, 2 float / 1 sink). Just going on that setup alone... that's still a total of 9 (not counting the pink maggot that looks red)... and thus 9 bait slots would be needed just to take along all of those in one's tackle box without any other types of bait. Great, with only 9 bait items, we can catch anything/everything in the game at any/every location (according to Ian), *BUT* we're restricted to *only* 4 bait slots for our tackle box. We could make up 3 different tackle boxes to cover these 9 baits that Ian says is all anyone needs - BUT - why the extra hassle necessary to make and configure the 3 tackle boxes in the first place (all basically of the same type of bait and tackle gear in this case) IF we could simply access *ALL* of our purchased tackle gear for our virtual tackle box at anytime we wanted while in the midst of fishing and switch/change tackle items "on the fly" as we wish.

As Hendore commented above... I *totally* agree with him that for Tournaments (*especially* for the "Live" tournaments - and even the solo player ones, too, perhaps) - no problem at all with having a tackle box limitation like we currently have now on the quantity of hook & bait slots allowed for Tournaments.

But as Hendore also commented, which goes back to exactly what I was saying in my original message here... when we're just simply fishing in the freestyle mode - "Freedom Fishing" (and also fishing in private multiplayer simply just for having fun fishing together with a friend, too)... *why* do we need to have *any* limitations at all on any/all of the fishing tackle that we've purchased (rods, reels, fish line, hooks, bait) - why not be allowed to open our virtual tackle box of our purchased tackle gear and be able to change around between the various tackle equipment that we 'own' as we please without any limitation to change from any combination setup to another at any time "on the fly". Unfortunately, this is not possible currently without having to stop/quit and exit out of the current fishing session (as well as having to do the same when playing for fun with a friend in a private multiplayer session) - reconfigure one or more of the 4 tackle boxes that we're limited to (no problem with the 4 tackle box limit - IF we could simply change out our tackle gear "on the fly") - then we have to start a whole new "session" - an unnecessary pain in the rear end, for solo fishing (and even much more so of a royal pain when multiplayer fishing with a friend in a private session). Then continue to repeat this very same annoying process over and over as we're fishing to try to find the right setup for the right location and conditions etc. or simply just to experiment with different tackle gear setups for fun. I'm no fishing expert at all, but even I have a RL tackle box that can carry a *whole* lot more tackle gear in it at the same time than what we're limited to currently. Developers, are you reading this???

Drifting off topic here just a little... to the "Euro Fishing" Developers:

(1) With RL gaming time being limited for many (most?) of us, and thus in-game currency taking a long time to build up (especially for those of us that aren't RL fishing wizards and experts with "Euro Fishing") - and being forced to buy tackle gear items in the game's Tackle Shop that we may not really want at all just to be able to slowly (annoying to say the least) move around from square-to-square in the Tackle Store just to *finally* be able to buy something that we think we want - it's not like we can just throw out $8000 in-game currency (that took many hours of fishing to obtain) for a particular new fishing gear item (be it a rod, reel, line, hook, bait) and try it out and then wish that we'd instead used that $ to purchase something else instead to try out (not like going to a RL store, buy it, try it, return it for a refund or exchange if not satisfied). Developers, are you reading this???

(2) As the game is now, we have a decent variety of fishing gear available to us (well, eventually if you don't "fish yourself out" <get burned out> before ever being able to finally grind out long enough to earn enough of the in-game currency necessary to purchase everything in the Tackle Shop) - even if one doesn't need to purchase/own each and every single item of tackle gear available in the current tackle shop selection available in order to enjoy the game/sim and be successful at it... some (many?) of us would really love to try out *ALL* of the various tackle gear available. IF the developers offered the option of allowing us to purchase "in-game currency" using RL $ at a *reasonable* cost (as other games do to make lots of extra $ for themselves) - my wife and I both would absolutely do it immediately just because we want to have access to *everything* available in the tackle shop right away to have more fun experimenting and be able to try out all of the various tackle gear combinations as we're just starting out (sure, it's silly to many, sure, we're spoiled others will think, etc. - lol - but if that makes it more *FUN* for us and we have the extra spare RL $ to do so, it's certainly easy $ for the developers!). I'm sure there are many others that would spend some RL $ also just to purchase more "in-game currency" to be able to purchase more of the existing tackle gear from the tackle store that they would like to try out sooner rather than later (or after countless hours of grinding away - just for the $ instead of the *fun* - when RL gaming time is limited). Easy extra profit $ for the developers! I'm surprised this option doesn't already exist! Developers, are you reading this???

My wife and I both have been enjoying "Euro Fishing" immensely (bugs/glitches aside) in the short time we've been playing it after discovering it... and we both are very grateful to the developers for what they've provided so far - and *hoping* that they'll *soon* work on adding, expanding, enhancing this product as much as possible (along with fixing what needs to be fixed) to offer all of us even more features, options, statistics/data, variety, content, etc. to make the overall experience even much more fun for everyone! :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH to the Developers for "Euro Fishing"!!!

Happy fishing and happy gaming everyone! :)
    - Robert -

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  5. propaschinsk

propaschinsk New Member