PC Tank Trouble - Class 31 - Endless Red Ftraffic Lights

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Pruedence, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Pruedence

Pruedence New Member

When I barely end the scenario, I need to Stop at the Tees Yard, but I had been waiting for ages, but the red traffic light is not switching to green. Screenshot_20.png

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Did you try contacting the signaler using the menu that is brought up by TAB or the radio/portophone in the cab?

3. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Just a suspicion but make sure you have all the switches set to the correct path. IIRC this needs to be done on Tees Yard to get a green.

upload_2023-1-30_13-27-25.png

4. Pruedence

Pruedence New Member

Of course I did, moreover, I numeriously call the dispatcher, move train on the farmost part of the railway. But I use the only loca from the begenning and didnt switch the loco, but I use saves.

5. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yes, sure. It was a *suspicion* only.
    Hmmm, I´m running out of Latin here. Maybe the problem lies in the savegame. Wouldn´t be the first red light issue caused by that. BTW: Are you on TSW2 or 3? (I´m asking because Number 3 developed some red light locks which TSW2 doesn´t have.)

I ran this scenario yesterday, but in one piece without savegame.

Train Sim World 2_20230130162710.jpg Train Sim World 2_20230130162654.jpg

6. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Waaaaaiiiiit a minute: How do we see the turnaround line still blue? Some task (the runaround) seems to be unfinished!? You might want to check this! Maybe you used another path for runaround?!

upload_2023-1-31_9-37-55.png

7. Pruedence

Pruedence New Member

But the task is to Stop at the Tees Yard, probably I switch the junction to see what happened.

8. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Sure, but the task BEFORE is to runaround the locos via the blue line until the switch, just a few inches from the red signal. That should clear the blue line. Then you turn the switch to the consist you´ve just ran around, then you reverse and couple up and ONLY THEN you get a green. If you don´t use the scripted paths (the blue line), you´ll never get that green because some step is missing. Well, that´s at least what I suppose. See also my screenshot for comparison.
    Yeah, if you ask me .... the TSW "signaler" is the dumbest dumbass in all the sim, but it is what it is.

upload_2023-1-31_14-14-47.png

9. Pruedence

Pruedence New Member

I have replayed the scenario, but the problem is still repeated. I do everything what is said in the instructions, but the neighbour rainway is still blue, I do go via the marker and couple the cars. but the red traffic light do not being switched

Attached Files:

10. Pruedence

Pruedence New Member

I didn't use saves and ask for dispatcher multiple of times - but it is still doesn't work.

11. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

12. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I see, and I´m really sorry that I wasn´t able to help you furthermore. From your screenshot I get it also that you play on TSW3, so maybe what I´ve been suspecting in post #5 does apply. I´m on PS4 and TSW2.
    Hopefully another forum member can chime in and try to reproduce this on PC and TSW3, that would be kind?! This scenario isn´t overly time consuming anyway.

13. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Seeing as DTG havent deleted my account yet, I may as well help you, you need to pull up directly to the red light and switch the points directly behind you so you can then couple up to the tank wagons which will then turn the signal green.

I thought the same the the first time I tried it, but 2nd time around realised my error.

I completed this service in TSW just last month (6th Jan to be precise).

• Like Like x 1
  14. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

I'm buying the 31 next week, and I was thinking about not bothering after reading the above. But thanks to your tip I shall go ahead and give DTG a bit more of my limited cash.
    Thinking about it. DTG should thank you also for getting them a sale LoL!

15. Pruedence

Pruedence New Member

Could you elaborate it to me waht I have to do?) When I need to do the last but one step - To couple to formation - I get close to the red lights and then do reverse to couple to the formation. What do you mean by "switch the points"?

16. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

17. Pruedence

Pruedence New Member

I can't keep the timings - its impossible, if it is the only solution.

18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

The points(switches) are manual so you need to change them either on foot or via the map, looking from your screen shot it looks like you've managed that, so the problem will be either you took to long to get their from the start or you didnt get right up to the signal. I did hurry through the scenario from the start although maintained track speed all the way.

Oh I completed it from journey mode not the scenario menu, as I said it is possible to complete as I managed it very recently.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  19. elric#1386

As I said in another thread. There should be a label on the box saying "Some self assembly, and programming knowledge is needed to use this product!" LoL!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pruedence

Pruedence New Member

So, if i'm too slow - I will never finish this scenario? Ive got 4625 AP. I switch the junctions via map, but there is nothing to switch, when you come to the last but one task, as the direction lead to the formation without switching anything.

21. knightovfun

knightovfun New Member

I have attempted this scenario many times the last few days on PS5 [TSW3] and every time unable to complete it. No matter what variations I try, the blue line on the run around section will not disappear so I doubt anyone with the current sofware version will ever be able to finish it.
    If they can I would love to see it on youtube, as the only ones I can find are with people cursing at the red light and giving up.

22. FredElliott

PS5 TSW3

• Like Like x 2
  23. elric#1386

Much obliged for this FredElliot. I shall be getting the Class 31 dlc this Friday, so at least I now know that this can be done. It's good to see that that you even left the cab to uncouple and couple, showing that the timing isn't to tight.

24. knightovfun

knightovfun New Member

Hallelujah..... so grateful for your time and effort Fred, to eliminate our frustrations. I did it on my 2nd attempt, even after following your guide, a little deviation me thinks. I didnt stop at the right point after the points before the runaround so the blue line never disappeared whilst travelling towards the red light. I can carry on mopping up the rest of the scenarios now to get the achievement.

25. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

So, I have to eat my humble pie here!
    There´s NO new bug in TSW3 after all. Judging by FredElliott´s video this scenario behaves just like in TSW2 without any problems. And additionally I fail to see the supposed time pressure.
    Pipe standing corrected.

• Like Like x 1
  26. elric#1386

Well my friend. It seems that with the amount of bugs that there is, we seem to be getting a little bit on the paranoid side?

27. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yeah, and who could blame me.
    But still, fair has to remain fair and it must be said.

On the other hand I´ve still no clue what the OP missed by not clearing that blue line?! [headscratch].

• Like Like x 1
  28. TeumessianFox

TeumessianFox Member

Goodness, I got dizzy with all of that running around hitching and unhitching. Would it be considered 'rude' to just hit <Ctrl><Zero> and 'beam' yourself back into the driver's seat? ;)

29. FredElliott

I don't have a control or zero key on my PS5 controller

30. elric#1386

To save a bit more time, use the external camera view to do the uncoupling and coupling. Also I wouldn't even bother to change the points (switches) after uncoupling, as the weight of the loco will push them over. This will save you a few more valuable seconds to the stopping point before the reverse back.

31. FredElliott

One of the old TSW2 threads said that uncoupling with camera may cause the issue, hence manual decoupling. I wasn't rushing on this however, I had a pretty slow approach to the first objective before the video starts

• Like Like x 1
  32. elric#1386

This morning I finally decided to take plunge and give DTG some of the little money that I have, and purchased the C-31 DLC.
    No need to thank me DTG!
    upload_2023-2-11_13-11-27.png
    Without any knowledge on how this loco runs and behaves, the first thing I had to do was take the bull by its horns, bite the bullet and do this Tank Trouble scenario.
    I opted to take it steady. 45mins ended up as 61minutes to complete it. So it seems that speed isn't the cause of the red light? Though I did pull up 5 yards to the light prior to reversing back. So It may very well be that you need to be close to it?
    Even taking it slowly Gold is still achievable..
    upload_2023-2-11_13-18-12.png

33. FredElliott

The only thing I can think of is possibly the OP didn't go on the indicated track to perform the run-around, and instead went on the track at the other side of the consist? It would be very tight to get the loco beyond the points though

Another thought, perhaps the loco was partially on the points immediately before the red and though they may have visually switched, maybe the script didn't see it due to loco positioning. This is why in my video I positioned the camera so that I could see the wheels had passed the actual switch point. The space between the switch and the light is very small

Edit: Another thought, in my video I didn't change cabs after the run around and connecting to the wagons. I don't know if that would have any bearing if the OP did change cab ends

Without a video from OP I don't think we'll ever figure it out

34. elric#1386

When I did it I switched cabs, and had no issue. It may have been just a random glitch that the OP got?

35. CajonPass2022

CajonPass2022 Active Member

For those still struggling with this scenario, I believe I have some more information. I just spent several hours stuck on this. With all the recent reports of success, I figured I must be doing something wrong. I followed Fred's video step-by-step. I tried the other suggestions (speeding to the yard, etc.). All to no avail. I was stuck with the red signal and two blue path lines as posted by OP.

After loads of trial and error, I believe that the key is stop your locomotive nose right on the stop marker for the very first "Stop At Location - Tees Engineering Yard" step. There is a hidden trigger that your parked consist will block if you park your train past the stop marker. A few steps later, when you are reassembling the consist, your train will drive over this trigger. This enables the blue path line to correctly clear as you drive over it which allows you to complete the scenario.

I subsequently noticed that Fred's video begins with his train stopping right on the first stop marker, so I'm convinced that that is the key to preventing the two blue lines and red signal. I got my gold medal and have spent enough time on this for now, but I would be interested to know if anyone else can confirm this!