Xbox Texture Glitch

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ethan#3478, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

That looks like the z-fighting matt described.

That is different from the old texture glitch that basically reset the resolution of the train every few miles and drove everyone nuts.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

any news on how this progressed DTG Matt ?, it’s on at least 3 of the 5 new locos (Talent 1, Railpool 193 & F125)

• Like Like x 5
  3. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Given that DTG Matt's response was 1 and three quarter years ago now, my guess is that this is going to go the same way as the Xbox audio issue, and take years, across multiple future installments of the TSW franchise, before it is ever fixed, if at all.

• Like Like x 4
  4. AtherianKing

tell me about it :(

it’s quite ridiculous such a breaking issue to get ignored.

I don’t think theirs much point in uploading any further bug reports on this as they’ve clearly seen the others but nothing happens…

I suppose it’s best to not continue with further DTG TSW purchases on Xbox (for me that would be at all) if that’s the case, and just try and keep drilling in on the forums where I can about the issue.

Microsoft needs to implement some procedures to stop content getting sold on their store if it’s being left with such issues.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you, I think the community has done all it can with this one, regards to uploading evidence. The last ticket I submitted for this, was on the 4th on October, and so far no answer.

It also doesn't help, that there always seems to get a bigger issue that requires the attention of the team, this time being the Xbox crashing issue. No doubt after that, there will be something else. It's a shame that this issue keeps getting pushed back.

I think it's also unfortunate that is only effects Xbox, because if it was a wider issue, they may be acting a little quicker.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AtherianKing

Completely agree, I could understand more if the issue came about with TSW4, but it’s such a pain and prevalent issue that 2-3 years is just a ridiculous amount of time for it to go on for.

all that time and the TSW iterations that the issue was originally reported on will never see the fix if they’re ever comes one for TSW4 or later

I’m not sure how far other issues can be used as a time taken development resources reason tbh, the crashing on Xbox is recent and as far as I can see from series x pretty much resolved, the Z-Fighting certainly isn’t on either front.

nothing any player can do now, it’s been reported on both forums and tickets, if DTG pick it up and fix it I’ll be very grateful, nothing else anyone can do unless that happens.

It’s not a good experience as a player when you’re skipping over using your own content because it’s ruined by this issue and passing on new dlc that you’re otherwise interested in because you know it will have the same problem.

Players on PC and PlayStation have the game pretty great skipping this issue for sure.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

I think the funny part is i ended up upgrading to series x and i end up having the same issue. sorry i dont respond quick on here i stopped using the forum once i realized opinions on issues don't matter and the game basically became a money pit.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. AtherianKing

looks like another bad texture issue, though doesn’t look like Z-Fighting.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  9. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

What's even more annoying, is that DTG Matt has said more than once, that he plays the TSW games on Xbox Series consoles at home, so either he's oblivious to the issue, and thinks that it is acceptable for Xbox owners to put up with it, or has some how miraculously never experienced it in any of his play time, and therefore doesn't consider it of high priority.

It genuinely feels that given the numerous issues that the various TSW games have had in the course of their lifetime across Xbox consoles, that we're bottom of the ladder due to having the lowest installed user base when it comes to the equivalent PC and PlayStation players, so that fixes for issues that have been staring players in the face for years never happen, and continue to persist with each new installment.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AtherianKing

whilst i think they will be a difference between what Matt knows of the issue and how DTG assess whether to fix things, I do definitely agree that if it was on more than Xbox it’s priority would be way higher.

I honestly am quite shocked how long this issue has persisted and still persists to this day, it’s on far too many locos and to not have any word from DTG in over a year kind of sums up the resolve the players are receiving to this.

I get they are other issues but nope this one is my main one of all, I play on series x this feels like it’s absolutely everywhere, crashing is resolved as far as I’ve experienced.

this is something carried on from TSW2, we shouldn’t be having issues with it 2 games later.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Bob12212

Let's see if the issue gets acknowledged in the next roadmap stream. Funny enough, it always seems to be skipped over.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AtherianKing

Got the Q&A tonight so hopefully DTG make take the opportunity to provide us with an update.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Thank you for acknowledging Z-Fighting on tonight's roadmap stream DTG Alex and DTG Matt!

• Like Like x 2
  14. AtherianKing

very much agree, hopefully in the not too distant future it will be thing of the past.

glad to see it’s pain acknowledged :)

I may hopefully get to use my vectron driving along the tracks instead of it driving me up the wall.

edit: I’ll keep to filling my reports for each loco it affects down to one a month (I’ve got 3 train’s reported so far through dovetail support, and another waiting reply) to ensure this isn’t the last we hear about hope for a solution though.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  15. AtherianKing

To help keep us up to date on progress I’ll repost here any official DTG responses on this issue If I find any.

just yesterday another response was added in from DTG Alex in another thread, with regards to several questions, below is a section of that reply what concerns Z-Fighting. (I’ve removed parts of the reply what isn’t to do with Z-Fighting)

-Reply starts here-

Hello everyone,

I've been following the discussion after the Roadmap stream ended, and I wanted to be able to come back and provide a full list of answers for (almost) everything raised in this thread. Due to the volume, and the nature of many of these questions, some answers won't have detailed r
    esponses, and certain ones we cannot add any comment on at

if you have other feedback to share please do so in our dedicated threads, or via our troubleshooting forum. We will also be back next month to answer more.

Commonly Asked Questions:

• Z-Fighting on all Xbox platforms
      • We did acknowledge this on stream, the teams are aware and we're looking at what we can do to resolve this.
    -Reply Ends Here-

I’m very hopeful this issue won’t be around for far too much longer if things progress well.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. Bob12212

AtherianKing Thanks very much for this :) very encouraging. Fingers crossed, like you say, it will be fixed soon. I wonder if it's something at a core level, or a route by route basis.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jack#9468

jack#9468 Well-Known Member

It's been ongoing since TSW2 and has affected multiple routes released since then so I'd say it's a core issue.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bob12212

No mention of a fix on the winter core update :(

• Like Like x 1
  19. AtherianKing

it was just a part 1 of the update, so chances are not over yet :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bob12212

Hopefully. Nothing of this roadmap either :(

• Like Like x 1
  21. AtherianKing

I do hope it comes soon, especially I really want to try out the vectron properly but the Z-Fighting on that loco is just awful :(

I can’t even really react to new dlc or look forward to any new content when you’re not picking any more up due to this aswell :( even more so when new content gets this issue aswell.

would be great to get this issue on the roadmap aswell, at least then we could get updates on progress with it.

• Like Like x 1