PlayStation Thank You Matt And Sam And All Of Dtg!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Aug 14, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!
    With the launch of TSW2 less then a week away, I wanted to create a thread for people to thank Matt and Sam and all of the DTG staff for making the last couple of months in this community as fun and exciting as they have ever been. June 9th it was announced that DTG had been working on TSW2. The first article that day announcing TSW2 had a FAQ section on the bottom that answered a ton of questions the community would have. That was a big first step in communication, since then we have had multiple Q&A streams, articles at least every Friday, and a ton of gameplay and screenshots from the game. This game looks like a big improvement over TSW and the team looks like they used everything they have learned since the TSW launch. Matt has done a great job in the Q&A’s making sure he talks about what’s in the game and not what they hope to have in the game and he is very passionate like us. Sam is constantly on the forums answering as many of our questions as he can and is genuinely making this forum and community a better place. I’m really excited for the future of TSW2 and DTG. I’m glad they have made these last few months an exciting time to be a Train simulator World fan and I just wanted to say thank you because they certainly have put in the effort!

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - in the same way that we will allow you to be critical of what we're doing, we also allow others to actually like what we do.]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2020
  3. matthewbguilford

Well, I’m sorry you haven’t had as much fun the last couple of months. As someone who has been around to see how TSW was compared to the way TSW2 has gone I’d say it has been a much more pleasant experience. The people that don’t always search for negativity can see when there is a positive change, and I’d say there has been a much happier attitude with most of the community . I’m just someone who enjoys the game and engaging with the community. Thank you for the award though!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

You’ve got a lot of nerve posting something like this... have you ever considered what some of your ‘certificates’ would look like if folks decided to send them to you after some of your posts here? If not, you should... there’s room for *everyone* here, but no room for attacking someone else or their viewpoints.

• Like Like x 8
  5. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - no need to continue the argument]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2020
  6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It's good to be appreciated, so thank you.

One of the major complaints about DTG and the way we've worked with the community in the past was a lack of transparency and clarity about what was going on. I'm hopeful we've managed to address that, at least in part in the run up to TSW2. No, not every answer has been the one you wanted to hear, but you've got the answer anyway even if it doesn't paint the game in the best light.

You'll see how we're addressing this further in the future when the Roadmap is detailed next week.

• Like Like x 12
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Nothing is ever perfect and it’s good to hear DTG recognise that. The attempt at transparency and being open with us has been an interesting experience and I’m really looking forward to the road map on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way no matter what DTG or what other people do no one will ever be fully happy about something and i agree with matjamca that the attempt at transparency has been really good and thank you to DTG protagonist for working hard with the community even if some aren't the easiest to deal with. I for one am really excited for tsw2 as it will be probably the last game of the year i buy before going of to uni and i am really happy with what i have seen from game play in my point of view

• Like Like x 7
  9. Munkey82

Munkey82 Member

I agree. I think DTG how done a great turnaround in being very transparent with TSW2. Also since Sam took over the community forums the look and feel of the forums has vastly improved and has made it a much more enjoyable and easier way to find out answers and questions about the game. The improvements to TSW2 have been incredible and I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it this coming Thursday. I also really love that DTG is releasing a roadmap of when to expect certain things with the release of TSW2, this is a spectacular new feature and it will be fun to know when and look forward to future DLCs etc. and actually know when they release rather than the old way of finding out maybe a week or two before. Keep up the great work Matt and Same and all of DTG staff behind the scenes.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Markerson

Markerson Member

I too would like to thank Sam and Matt for all their efforts over the last couple of months. They have had to put up with all the initial criticism of the preserved collection not being fully usable (and may have been instrumental in collating the community’s comments in changing path on that). There seemed to be a lot of distrust initially to the reveal but this mood has changed quite a lot thanks to these q&a and gameplay streams.

Let’s also not forget that Sam is only the acting community manager and probably has lots of other responsibilities too and Matt is spending numerous hours every day coding the game and then hopping onto a livestream. It has taken considerable effort to try and keep everybody happy and to manage expectations, and yes, some people still won’t be happy but they have both been open and honest since day 1 and we know what we’re getting on the 20th.

I am looking forward to TSW2 and Sam and Matt have both explained in great detail what we’re getting and what to expect.

• Like Like x 3
  11. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone at DTG for all their hard work, especially Sam and Matt who as the face of the company seem to take a every bit of flack. People may bash DTG but at the end of the day whether you’re a DTG employee or paying customer, we’re all passionate about wanting TSW2 to succeed.

Let’s hope the launch of TSW2 is successful and the game can keep moving forward.

I’d like to thank DTG Protagonist for stepping up to plate and improving communication on every platform, your no nonsense approach is a breath of fresh air. Keep up the great work.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’d like to thank Matt and Sam and the rest of the DTG team too. I have voiced critical opinion of the game and I hope they take a serious look at my controller set up idea as I think that will benefit console players enormously, but I still love playing TSW and that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day. I cannot wait for TSW 2 to arrive on Thursday. My hard earned money is ready to be taken.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Also like to thank both sam and matt for all there work, especially through these tough times for everyone, the way these forums have been sorted out since sam took over as CM as been much more easier to find certain threads, going to miss sam 'hosing it' when he moves on from DTG

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Is Matt moving on?

15. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I suspect someone has the names mixed up - we're always introduced as "Matt and Sam" and yet I usually reside on the left of the screen. Also, given my dozen or so different names, confusion is inevitable.

(Matt isn't moving on)

• Like Like x 7
  16. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to parting with my £25 and roaming underground in London...

Thanks to all that you have done to explain what you are doing and planning to do!

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You were referred to as Matt and Patt on a recent post here. Made me chuckle.

18. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Bit like Ant and Dec. I read that they always stand next to each other in the same place so no one gets their names mixed up lol

• Like Like x 3
  19. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Just not as annoying!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I'm really impressed with the new transparency and mooted roadmap, it should build excitement for future routes and locos.

In the past it's sometimes seemed that future content was kept secret and we were trickle-fed information.

I'm not having a go, I do understand that locos and routes are subject to all sorts of contractual licensing issues and that DTG could get in trouble for releasing IP images before a certain date. Can't be easy.

Thanks for the new transparency Ant an... Matt and Sam.

• Like Like x 2
  21. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I Don't really know why this thread had a negative start off

22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I guess because some people never have anything positive to say about anything.

23. septafan

septafan Active Member

After having train sim 2001 on PC years ago its was so much fun! But after my P.C crapped out I had no trains to run as i couldn't afford a new P.C at the time. This coming out on console was a train fans god send LOL!! I Know nothing is perfect but I'm happy with what they have done this far and look forward to more. Thank you Sam and Matt and keep up the hard work and put the haters on a train of no return :)

• Like Like x 3
  24. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

My bad, i have been offline and just noticed the mix up, origional posted has been corrected, i meant sam hosing it

• Like Like x 1
  25. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Tax reasons, Sam? ;)

26. matthewbguilford

DTG did an amazing job with the roadmap!

27. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

When the TSW2 release congratulate them again when the bugs appear and trophies not unlocking during the 1st year. Same game, same bugs, same trophy bugs, same countries, only the name change. I remember they say TSW2020 doesnt have 4k support because its older (2018) , i think ps4 pro its 2016 4k already possible i think. They say they want to be transparent to users, so if they want to be transparent to users why they dont say they not care about fixing the trophy problems and loco problems? Unless they change their mind and prove me they can fix or at least release TSW 2 without trophy problems i continue to think they are lazy and they dont care about costumers and only want money, and why launch the same game when they can continue to support TSW 2020 renaming TO TSW 2021 and upgrade the graphic engine and fixing bugs and add locos and routes like they are doing until now? Lets see what they prepare for us with TSW 2.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020