PC The Future And Possible Upgrade Of Ntp?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Scorpion71, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I write this as somewhat of a request in the hope that the hierarchy and devs at DTG are listening, take note and hopefully (we can dream) action this post.

I absolutely love the NTP route, both in real life and in TSW, they have done a very good job of capturing the atmosphere from the 1980's, although I do wonder if it was set in the 1970's strike era because of the lack of lighting in houses and buildings at night (remember the candles?)

Could we please see additional street lighting and the existing ones to Work at Night, add some lighting in the industrial areas, there are many housing estates between Victoria and Huddersfield modeled yet none are lit up at night! It already feels like a dead world but it's even worse at night, it's amazing what a few street lights could do to add to the atmosphere!

I don't know if there has been any official confirmation but there has been rumors of a freight pack? Great! If we had a nice mixture of Blue and Blue/Grey parcel and newspaper vans with a Class 25 included with one or two more wagons then we'd be starting to cook on gas.

Reskins:-
    We already have a Class 09 and HST available on WSR and GWE, could we please see these reskinned into BR Blue?

Expansion:-
    It's a nice run from Manc-Leeds but what about extending the route to Liverpool, including a Deltic and set of MK2d/e's? Later on perhaps moving up to York/Newcastle/Scarborough with a Class 40?

Here's hoping.........

• Like Like x 2
  2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Some interesting ideas here, although I must say this sounds like the kind of thing the community will make when the editor is released.

Also, yes, the freight pack is official, although we don't know anything about it other than this:

3. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Dont forget about for the consoles as well

4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would love to see a class 25 in the game. There should be some parcels service as they were very much part (and parcel) of the railway scene in those days. There are many opportunities for different DLC for NTP.