The Future Of Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jo_Kim, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Train Sim World has come a long way since 2017. We've got many addons and new features to play around with and feedback to the community is also much better nowadays. And even though TSW always has some bugs or errors, some for years without fixing, I really enjoy the game. But even though the features and addons in production will make a great addition to the game, I want to talk about more long term plans, that would, in my opinion, make TSW2 even better and more enjoyable to more players.

1. Long-Term and "unnecessary" bugs:
    Every new route or locomotive is released with a varying amount of bugs and errors of which most are fixed over time. But we still have very annoying ones left in the game, some since 2017. Rapid Transit for example still has suicidal passengers and a faulty PZB magnet (requires Acknowledgment at a 100km/h speed indication). This makes the impression that DTG just fixes bugs for a set amount of time and everything that doesn't fit in this time span is just left as it is.
    There are also some unnecessary bugs and errors. On older routes, the german Ks signaling system was working just fine, but some of the latest addons show incorrect or even impossible aspects, or the white repeater light not lighting up. There are also some services, which require you to exit the station with a shunting aspect, whilst a train service would not be allowed to pass this signal.

2. Safety systems:
    Safety systems are not DTGs strength. There are faulty PZB magnets, wrong in-cab displays with LZB, wrong speed restrictions under TVM, or even a simple alerter, which is not resetable. The team in charge of this might need more time and/or people to implement them correctly and to fix bugs on already released routes. Experienced players like to switch on safety systems for more immersion and a greater challenge, but it is quickly frustrating the players if these systems don't work, as they are supposed to do.

3. More diversity:
    TSW already has a moderate diversity, but it should be greater. Germany still has no diesel trains (except for shunting locomotives), all routes (except of West Somerset and Isle of Wight) are mainline routes, while there are many suitable and beautiful branch lines, we only have 4 countries to choose from (Canada doesn't differ noticeably from US routes in rolling stock or signaling systems) and addons often only come with one new locomotive. And of course, I as a German, would love to see more German routes, especially if I know them in real life, but there are many great railways around the world that are much more worthy of being included in the game. New countries require more work in signaling and safety systems, new licenses have to be obtained and you can't use most of the existing rolling stock, because they don't run in other countries. But many international players would love to get just one route out of their or a neighboring country because they might know them in real life and can drive the rolling stock, they are used to see every day on the railways.

4. Steam:
    It is one of the most requested features for TSW2. But even with the great challenges of introducing steam trains, like the extension of Simugraph, an AI fireman (for the best experience), and the complex modeling of the locomotives due to their complex exterior construction. But it would add, in my opinion, the best feature to the entire game ever. Almost everybody loves steam trains, they are something that makes people (even non-train enthusiasts) smile. And with having the technical base for steam, there are so many heritage and historical routes capable as an addon. I would even pay an extra 5€ for an addon to get steam trains.

5. Joined routes:
    To make this clear: This feature should not be added, so existing routes get extensions. An extension requires you to own 2 DLCs to play the whole route. The routes should be independent and fully enjoyable by themselves. But we already have two routes, which share the same terminus and there might be coming more in the future. As we can see with the LGV route, the game can handle long routes. If adding the two routes together dynamically is too complicated, just make one route out of them, give us a scenario addon for 5-10€ with longer services and handle this joined route, as if it is a completely separate route.