The Maritime Line (truro To Falmouth)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by adventuresbytrainwales, Oct 19, 2021.

1. adventuresbytrainwales

adventuresbytrainwales New Member

I'd like to put forward a fantastically beautiful route that is rather a short end-to-end route but a beautiful route nonetheless. Having spent many days going backwards and forwards on it whilst at Falmouth Univerity in Penryn I absolutely loved the scenery, the beauty of Penmere station, the basic 70's design of a single rural platform of Falmouth Town, the changing scene at Falmouth Docks, the passing point at Penryn where they upped the trains from one per hour to two, seeing a challenge of being on time so not to delay the passing service, then the stunning section between Penryn and Truro with the viaducts around Devoran and Perranworthal heading to Truro, I know they aren't used now but Class 153's could be created in GWR or FGW livery to run with the coming soon CL 150 in GWR livery. This is a beautiful line in my opinion and i'd love to see a modern version come to TSW2 or TS2022

2. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

The coming soon 150 is in Regional Railways livery not GWR

I’d be more than happy to see this in TSW but, unless it was connected to the West Cornwall line it wouldn’t bring a lot to the game, it’s quite short, a half hourly service on a single line isn’t very exciting on its own I’d quite like a 153 though.