1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Perfect Fight...but...

Discussion in 'Dovetail Games Euro Fishing' started by Derrick Miller, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller

Only Pink Belly remains on my hit list for St. Johns big cats. And today I had the perfect big cat battle. I had to use everything I have learned in the game: being on the windward bank, picking the right bait, using the spod, relying on previous sightings and then managing the fight off of the drag/clutch! I saw the big tail headed for the spod set and got him hooked! Off he took and I just sat there drinking coffee, waiting. Much later, I knew I had Pink Belly as this fight was different. He hung up at 20 yards and it seemed forever to get him within 10. I even spilled a little coffee. But, I got him.

Only, it wasn't him. It was Muddy Back! I checked my other lines and there was rod number 2 with 160 yards of line out. Pink Belly sent in a decoy, I am sure of it. Clever fish!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  2. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller

Oh yeah, the details: I was set up on the top of the map, second peg from the left with the wind blowing NW. #4 KD with 20mm pop up Tiger Nuts, 25 pound Supernatural line. The fight started around 18:00.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017