The Racetrack: Aurora - Chicago Route Scenario Pack 1!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer2020, May 14, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Its because the BNSF content used for the pack is from Marias Pass, so they can't sell it outside the US.

3. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no one outside the US can buy Marias Pass, Stevens Pass or Raton pass. There are some BNSF routes that can be bought outside the US, like Montana Hi-Line, Arizona Divide and the Racetrack, with BNSF/Santa Fe branding removed.

4. Blacknred81

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The Raton Pass is available worldwide, I own it.

6. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

So how come those are available worldwide, yet Marias and Stevens pass isn't? Why can't they just use unbranded content? Would make it easier for people to have it as some content requires it.

7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Because these were also made unbranded unlike Maria and Stevens Pass were not.

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I guess there are no licensing issues anyway, because that content isn't included on the pack itself, we could still buy it and do replacements with the unbranded bnsf stuff included on the racetrack or in the hi line. Hope DTG notices this

9. Blacknred81

Doubt that's gonna happen, as someone will buy it, not notice that, and complain that the pack is broken cause a scenario wont load up due to missing content.

Also its up to High Iron Simulations, as its their scenario pack, not DTG's.

10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah but that happens with all the scenario packs because people doesn't read the requirements. But I get your point, it'll be hard to explain why there's something listed that can't be bought. It's a shame because no license would be infriged by offering it worldwide and it sure would increase sales. In my case, I would certainly buy all the required DLC (except from Marias Pass, obviously) if it were available.

11. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Based on my experience with High Iron Simulations - you can play their workshop scenarios and these packs are fairly similar, buying them is mostly about supporting them. (A few years ago some scenarios were hidden for conflicting reasons I assume, but they are back now. NJCL to be specific.)
    Might be possible to ask them for a copy, especially if you own a number of their packs.

I agree it's a bit silly, I guess it's less about prerequisites - I have Marias and you could argue about a reduced international price - but using BNSF trains practically means earning revenue due to the license. I guess that's why the Classic US Assets pack (including BNSF and Santa Fe engines, but without mention) works the way it does, but Cajon (a BNSF route represented as UP, with a stray, easy-to-replace Santa Fe F7) doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

They would not reduce the international price. In fact, remember SWC? It returned at full price as one route and is working discounts under the “new item in 2020” rules, not the “originally out in 2017” ones.

That and the fact that the scenario pack has not returned, and the DMU pack trains have vanished (AP I think has a version still in their 158 pack, but the 143 may need the Major.Wales upgrade which also needs the AP 142, then you have to swap stock anyway), and the 150/1 scenarios do not appear for the new route tells me buying all that then was a brilliant decision. I already decided remaking those three scenarios will be an experimental “learn the editor” project for me, I did also buy the 150/2 on Steam from AP but it seems quaint now...

• Like Like x 1