The Umbrella Brigade Is Good, But What About . . .

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Sep 21, 2022.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm glad that passengers finally have umbrellas available, but what about engineers?

Yesterday, I selected a Southeastern High Speed switching session and opted for heavy clouds (I find the lightning particularly exciting). Most of these activities (would there were many more of them) involve yo-yoing back and forth while assembling freight trains, which means that the driver has to leave the cab to handle coupling (I'll admit that I usually revert to the 2D map to manage switches) and that means slogging around through a downpour. Carrying an umbrella while doing this would, of course, be ridiculous, but how about some foul weather gear -- perhaps at least a hardhat like the ones available with one of the DLC shunting engines?
    I'll also note briefly that my tendency to drive below the speed limit got me into trouble: after coupling to a rack of wagons and retreating to a turn-around point, I found myself staring at an oncoming AI train that I probably should have spotted and yielded to. Fortunately, the other driver put on his brakes before slamming into my train. Unfortunately, with out a save / resume function available, I had no choice but to quit the session -- which I intend to return to, even though doing so means beginning at the beginning again.