Third Party Repository

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corvan, Feb 21, 2018.

1. jack.amos.amj

jack.amos.amj New Member

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any OFFICIAL Czech Republic routes?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

No, third party routes only

3. jack.amos.amj

jack.amos.amj New Member

Okay thanks, I take it they aren't on steam then?

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

No. You have to download from various Czech websites and install them yourself

5. jack.amos.amj

jack.amos.amj New Member

Thanks

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

That looks decent. Trailer leaves me few questions. Looks like two trains come with it, and hopefully scenario makers will fill those tracks in scenarios to make for interesting content.

8. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I agree cyclone, looks a decent effort Union Workshop have produced. Tadami Line I believe is one of theirs and it is a gem of route, shown on Jamie’s stream last night.

9. mfeets

mfeets Well-Known Member

Quick question. I've seen a few photos of Pearlman Green on a Western Pacific U-boat, and with the purchase of an HO scale model of 3051 in Pearlman Green, I'd like to try to find this repaint, only I can't find it on RWA. Does anyone know if that reskin is private/where it is? Thanks.
    Loco is in background:[​IMG]

10. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

11. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Pity, it requires the stainmore route, not my interest, unfortunately, and paying £30 just for its asset means I'm out.

12. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Indeed a shame for such a nice looking route, as I was looking at the requirements and thinking I have almost all of these now.

Anyone fancy installing it without the pay ware to see what it looks like?!

13. martschuffing

I could give it a whirl, think it is mainly bridge assets?

14. inversnecky

Only one way to find out. Thanks for trying on the red shirt and going out ahead for the team :)

images.squarespace-cdn.com.jpg

15. inversnecky

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As you found the link for the route at the bottom of the page is this
    "I can't find the installer for Phase 1 or Phase 2 - These have been discontinued please use Phase 3"

You also need the OHLE system so add another 7 quid or so on to your £33 subscription

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

No. the Stainmore route already has Arnside to Lindal so you would be missing a load of scenic assets three stations, signal boxes and two viaducts.

18. inversnecky

I didn’t realise the route was only available to subscribers. I wondered as I couldn’t see a price.

As they’d say on Dragon’s Den, ‘that’s me out’, I’m afraid!

19. martschuffing

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  20. martschuffing

Having run the route and being so impressed with it I took the decision to purchase Stainmore, this route by On Track has to be up there in the top 5 imo.

21. inversnecky

Do you have that ATS one that’s a requirement too?

22. Cyclone

Hold on. A subware route is required for a freeware route?

This is getting to the point of comical.

23. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Agreed

24. pjduplooy.gis

pjduplooy.gis Member

The above has reference.

I really wanted to try out the Cumbrian Route, and wanted to try it, but since I read in this thread that the Missing Link is a requirement, its also a no go for me. I own the Stainmore Route, and have recently purchased Chat Moss from ATS as well as OHLE, but since I live in South Africa, and the Pound Rand exchange rate is bonkers, to purchase a sub for ATS is way out my reach.

Does anyone know what of the Missing Link is used for the Cumbrian Route, and if that could be replaced by something else?

25. martschuffing

Yes Inver I have been subscribed to ATS for over a year now and the content is very good IMO, as for the missing link there isn't an alternative as On Track has used that version.

26. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I believe it only uses Preston Station - run the route and the Station will be missing but everything north of the junction should be OK
    Unless they replaced all the OHLE to Carnforth.

27. Cyclone

Even so, to demand that everyone sub to ATS to be able to use a freeware route for something as major as a station building is, IMO, unacceptable. Get permission to bundle the asset or don't use it. There are alternatives available, and JT is working on a route that merges part of WCML Over Shap that will take the turn towards Barrow anyway, so just go with that one.

28. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Nobody has demanded anything, either download the route and its payware/subwall dependencies or don't!

I followed the build of this from the very first stream that Tom renewed progress on it, it is a stunningly detailed and accurate depiction of the real world route, Tom has done an amazing job.

I will admit I still somehow managed to miss the dependency requirements during the build and it honestly did take me by surprise once the route was released, it does mean I won't be getting it but that's ok that's my choice not Tom or anyone else's fault.

I find little motivation for myself to purchase the SSS route or the route on ATS, not because I don't think they're worth it because I'm sure they are but because they don't hold enough interest for me personally to spend what little post AP sale funds I have left on them

I've voiced in the past that I'm not a fan of the ATS subwall business model and I'm still not, I'm not saying I'll never sub just I'm not prepared to just yet, I hold no ill feelings to Tom for using a subwall route or to Alan for choosing the subscription method to fund his site, the bills need paying and the personal opinions of myself and people like me make no odds because we're not the one's doing the hard work for little reward.

So, I love the route I just won't be downloading it, instead I will just have to enjoy watching others play it on streams and YouTube and I'm ok with that.

Edit to add some clarification: When I say I'm not a fan of the ATS subwall model what I mean is I dislike that you only have one option and that is an annual subscription, if ATS offered 1 month or quarterly subscription options then I'd have parted with money already without batting an eyelid, I'm also of the opinion that more people would have been likely to 1 month or quarterly sub just to get a route and (providing the updates weren't trickled out intentionally piece by piece) resub as and when required or to take advantage of a discount as and when needed than to punt the full annual price and potentially only download that one route in the 12 month period (no longer seeming any value for money).
    I truly believe that Alan would have made more in subs this way as it's less likely to put potentials off altogether, like I say this is just my thoughts on it and sorry for going off on a tangent but after my initial comment I felt I needed to clarify my point.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Cyclone

Let me rephrase what I said. To lock something major like a station building behind subware, in my mind, is unacceptable. On the one hand, you can still use the route. But when there are alternatives available found rather cheaply, it's bad design to use the one locked behind a $45 USD expenditure that isn't even for the route itself. As I said, get permission to bundle the asset, if that's the only one used, and if you can't, DON'T USE IT.

30. inversnecky

Maybe I completely misunderstood, but I was under the impression that you had to keep subscribing to be able to use ATS ‘subware’ routes? Do they check if you have a current subscription before they run?

I guess if he went for the one month at a time option, he may as well just sell routes.

31. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not as far as I know, as I understand it you sub to have the option to download it and install it via the ATS installer, once it's installed in TS how can anything stop you using it?

I disagree, if ATS just sell the route then all patches fixes and minor updates would have to be free (as they are with DTG, AP and JT), if you have to be subbed to download those patches fixes and minor updates and it was a monthly sub that expired say three months ago then if you wanted said patches fixes and minor updates then you'd need to resub to download them, same applies if you change PC's or need to redownload them for any other reason, that's why I think ATS would be better off with the monthly sub but just as importantly the customer would have more choice and control over whether they wanted to resub to re-download or not. Of course the annual option should still be available for those that prefer that method too.

Also don't forget ATS do indeed just sell routes, Camb to P'boro, Chat Moss and KC to KL (at a discount if you're subbed of course)

32. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I decided to install the route having most of the assets
    They did replace the OHLE all the way to Carnforth so any electrics look silly with pantographs up
    And I'm missing textures as I drive along - not sure where they are from.
    Screenshot_[OTS] Cumbrian Coast and Furness Railway_53.93897--2.77078_07-41-33.jpg

33. Cyclone

I'm sorry, wait a second here. Patches and fixes are made to a route because some kind of bug has been found. Are you telling me someone who is a former subscriber - and, basically, HAD PAID for the right to download the route - must pay another $45 or so USD to download a repaired version of a route? I'm sorry, this is an unacceptable attitude.

Also, right now, I am not a subscriber for a very important reason: because Missing Link is going to eventually be available with the Stoke-on-Trent line, the path to Rugeley station, and the entire Trent Line redone. It doesn't matter if I subscribe now or later; the cost is the same. In fact, I still think it's high. The subscription is only worthwhile if you plan to buy King's Lynn, Cambridge to Peterborough, Chat Moss, and one or two others; then you get all your money back in discounts on those routes, and not have to spend as much for them, in addition to having an ECML merge and Missing Link. But if I subscribed in December 2020, and my sub ran out, I would not now get the Stoke-on-Trent line. Why would I subscribe to download an unfinished route to not be able to get the finished one? I'm going to wait. Seems logical to me.

If all subscribers were allowed the fully updated version of the route a year or two from now, it would be an easy call. But since they are not, it's an easy call in the other direction.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  34. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Exactly, you are understanding the main part of my issue with the yearly subscription, if it was a much smaller monthly resub you'd be more inclined to take the hit to benefit from the update, Alan gains revenue, the more frugal gain the update.

Confuciusreef says: a dripping tap eventually fills the glass, however a faucet on full blast... well try it, see how much water is actually in the glass.. :D

35. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

My missing textures were from the Fort William - Mallaig route that I had not reinstalled when I changed drives
    My bad :o

• Like Like x 1
  36. 4th's Games

4th's Games New Member

Hey everyone I just saw this thread!
    I'm a 3rd party developer and I have released my first DLC, the LNER Y6 which is available through my distributor

The Forge Simulation
    https://www.theforgesimulation.co.uk/shop/

They have a few German locos on sale at the moment including my newly released Y6
    Id appreciate it if you could head on over to: https://www.theforgesimulation.co.uk/p/lner-y6-pack/
    and see what you think about it ? As ile be looking to release more content in the future

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  37. Cyclone

Always nice to see a new developer around! I can't say a tram engine is on my personal radar, but I'm sure some here might be interested. :D

• Like Like x 1
  38. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It does look good, I think someone is/was developing the Wisbech and Upwell Tramway. I will take a look at getting it when I have some money in a week or so.

As said it is always good to see a new developer.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  39. GarethDavies21

GarethDavies21 Member

ATS are also doing stock? Class 185 - Class 745/755 are in development :)

40. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I know, I'm assuming you've read my last sentence (of the post you quoted) out of context, the point was they also sell routes outside of the subscription plan, not just subware routes.

41. GarethDavies21

GarethDavies21 Member

Apologies, my mistake :)

• Like Like x 1
  42. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Is there a centralised resource that lists all add-ons by all third party developers? e.g. if I'm looking to see if there are any add-ons with the EuroDual other than the RSSLO one, or if I want to search releases from every developer while looking for routes representing certain countries, etc.

43. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There are too many people making reskins and other add-ons for the game to have a list
    If you are after anything European RaiSim.de is a good place to start.
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/index.php?filebase/1224-train-simulator/
    where these Euro Dual repaints are available
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/filebase/1847-eurodual-eccorail/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

45. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

46. Cyclone

But I want stuff from C&J, not UTC. ;)

Kidding aside, they clearly have a good following and a growing team, so this is good news for them. I wonder if they'll ever get into doing licensed payware content someday. We do need more people to develop trains for this game. I think they even had a 50th anniversary Amtrak before one got to Steam, in fact.

47. atihun22

atihun22 New Member

48. get-geeky

get-geeky New Member

Hi Guys - Just throwing in my site. It has a few scenario's for the steam era as well as some modern era content including the 1st phase of my wee Suburban Glasgow update. - http://get-geeky.weebly.com/

• Like Like x 1
  49. Cyclone

Suburban Glasgow update? From what I am reading, you are modifying scenery so far. Is there anything trackwise or is that it to this point? Are you thinking of doing the route to Livingston North from Airdrie as part of this?

50. get-geeky

get-geeky New Member

No this is purely a scenery update. Replacing trees and rebuilding certain areas to bring it in line with today.

The next step is going through to Helensburgh and tidying/replacing scenery there. I've tested the updates with the airdrie extension and it works so I may add that into the next update so the entire route is there.