1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Game Is Annoying

Discussion in 'Xbox Discussion' started by laineshapiro186498, Aug 25, 2020.

1. laineshapiro186498

laineshapiro186498 New Member

[edit by Protagonist - this player is just a little frustrated by the game. We all get frustrated. It's fine. I've tweaked the title ever-so-slightly to keep it in line with forum rules, but left the remainder untouched.]

(OMFG!!! EVERYTHING I JUST TYPED GOT ERASED WHEN I WANTED TO ADD PICS OF THE EMAILS THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT ADVISOR SENT ME!!! NOW THE WEBSITE HAS PISSED ME OFF SO I MAY BE ASKING FOR A FULL REFUND!)
    To try to type what I typed earlier I said I had to email the company twice one about the brake system, because there is no tutorial about the Integrated System, you have to read a manual, which why would you had tutorials then? Second I emailed them about one route where I waited 10 minutes for a 2 Locomotives to move off the track i needed to go on and they didn't, so I had to move the Loco's myself to a siding then uncouple from them, back the train-set up and then continue on my way. NOW my problem is with the Cumberland to Willard route Q353. Which you have 2 head end units and 2 pusher units....only problem is you cant get up the 1.5% grade with the pusher units attached and you have to be breaking the speed limits and go as fast as you can up the grade. The wheel slip is insane and the sand doesn't seem to work at all! If anyone else is experiencing any problems please bombard the customer support with emails about this bullcrap. I wouldve rather waited for the good version then this stupidity!!!
    train 1.png Train 2.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
  2. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Active Member

Quick some body get some chips and vinegar to go with this mans salt, think you might find realistic physics might be playing a big role here, as i bet in the real world in the snow, trying to get massive trains up this grade is probably resulting in what you call insane wheel slip, just throwing it out there, so I'm guessing you just got to find that sweet balance point of movement and adhesion, just like the real world.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bryer

Bryer Active Member

Yeah sounds like you're using too much power, and lighting your wheels up. Locomotives don't like too much power through the wheels when the trains are heavy or the weather is rubbish.

Throttle off, use no more than 50% and feather it, they will move, but you won't be going very fast, it's actually quite realistic now!

4. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Member

friction coefficient of polished steel on steel. Too much power and you have a flywheel rather than a wheel.

5. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

A bad attempt at sarcasm:
    TSW2 is too arcade for one and not arcade enough for others.
    In another thread people are arguing that we need more manuals (I agree), in another that we don't even need in game objectives, just a list of things presented to you as in the real life, then in another where people argue that the locomotives are too strong compared to real life, then that the weather is not realistic enough, and that you don't need to flip enough switches, and not enough coupling...
    And yet in other threads the complete opposite...
    Btw, I never contacted customer support, but I like the responses, they are more detailed than some of the answers here.

Wheel spin in action:

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Community Manager Staff Member

laineshapiro186498 It's clear you're being given a rough time by the game. What isn't clear is whether it is a flaw in the game or perhaps some overzealous use of the throttle that's causing the problem. Having you tried a more steady application of power to avoid wheel slip?

Also, don't recommend anyone bombards the tech support team with anything - as you can see from the responses they sent, they're just trying to help.

• Like Like x 5
  7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I found the CN Oakville Subdivision manual (OSD) very detailed about how to set the multiple unit and/or use as banking. Because there are a very different configuration that you can "choice" (and I suppose they dont working only on GP9RM).
    https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...ision_Operator's_Manual_-_EN.pdf?t=1582221799 (I mean from page 9)

And this is a supplement that probably you already know, the old CSX HH manual, with all the setup especially for the "new" AC4400CW ("new" because setup include use of onboard computer...something like the BR Class 66).
    http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/530070/manuals/Operator_Manual_EN.pdf?t=1489589182 (AC44000CW from page 25)

Im a newbie in Sand Patch Grade, but since my 1st service I've never found too frustrating to move an about 7000 tons trains (double locos for now, no banking). If the setup is correct with notch 4, sometimes 5 (plus sand on) you are able to move the train "easily" (always remember we are talking about an almost 7k tons train in a high gradient route, not exactly a joke).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...just asking this to make sure: You said you had helpers on the back of your train... did you make sure they were configured and functional (i.e. they throttle up and down in sync with the locos up front)? If by chance they weren’t configured properly, that might explain your problem getting up the hill. Try checking those helpers out with the game camera and make sure they throttle up and down in sync with your lead units... the following procedure is what I use to get helpers up and running- not sure you need it, but I’ m adding this info just in case.

- First, set up the two engines up front at as a standard lead-trail pair, then set up the helper units further back in the train as another lead-trail pair
    - Make sure the circuit breakers for the radio in each of the lead units are turned on (they already should be turned on by default)
    - Finally, turn on the banking radio *only* in the lead unit at the front of the train (by pressing the DISP button on the radio), which will then enable DPU operation. The helper units should now throttle up and down in sync with your locos up front... you can verity this with an outboard camera.

(Note the last step, turning on the banking radio in the lead unit up front, is not listed in the Train Sim manuals I’ve seen- and the helper units will never come up without performing this last step)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Active Member

[removed by Protagonist - we don't do that here]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
  10. laineshapiro186498

laineshapiro186498 New Member

Thats the problem you cant! Play this scenario and tell me you wont get mad! Dont be a LOVE!

11. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Active Member

If you read the forums your find people have completed this scenario and not got very salty and angry, so I'm guessing you just haven't got a lot of patience, as again in real life driving trains is about finding the that sweet spot at all times and not just hammering the power and then being angry nothing worked, almost like a lesson in life played out in a train sim!!

12. paulmurphy_88

paulmurphy_88 Active Member

It's obvious from the way you write your posts and your seemingly short attention span that simulators are not for you. Can you enlighten us on what other games you've been playing recently? I'll take a punt with Fortnite and GTA Online.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Greenroad

Greenroad Member

This service is really something to say the least. I’ve actually been tryin this one over the last 3 days and have yet to complete it. I’ve tried about 6 different times now, each time tryin a different method than the last. Initially when you take off after setting up the lead unit properly you’ll run into an issue where the train doesn’t seem to gain and maintain speed anywhere near where it should for that kind of horsepower (Btw there are next to no real world weather scenarios that would prevent 17,600 hp from pullIng 40 loads out of a flat yard). The lead 2 units seem to start some sort of tug of war sequence with the rear 2 units for what reason I don’t know. You’ll see your speed go from 3.0 mph up to 4.5, then down to 3.5 and back up to 5, then back down to 4.0 and so on and so on. It continues as you try to leave the yard and you’all be lucky to be able to maintain 15 mph leaving the yard with anything lower than notch 4. Even messing with the DPU switch on the panel as well as checking/messing with the rear units before leaving never seemed to help any. The only way I was able to make it to Sand Patch was to switch out the rear 2 units and add them to the front consist before leaving Cumberland. I made it to sand patch just fine with all 4 on the front but since the rear units need to be set out at Sand Patch and having them at the head prevents you from doin so, that is where the scenario cannot proceed. I still have yet to complete it.

14. federicodiliberto2001

federicodiliberto2001 Well-Known Member

You got it all wrong, you first read the manuals and then wonder why did they bother with tutorials lol.

Jokes apart it's true that the manuals are lacking but that doesn't mean they should be ignored. You can't expect to play a Simulator without a little bit of studying behind it, and this is one of the more arcade-y.

Can you tell me what scenario or service are you having a problem with? What loco should I pick, I am not too knowledgable about US DLCs. I am doing Q353 - Manifest - Cumberland to Willward with the AC4400CW is that correct?

http://www.twitch.tv/fd1003/v/756292345?sr=a&t=10s

First 25/30m of the journey can't be bothered to do much more, I apologize in advance to the US fans if my driving is not very realistic or efficient but I am extremely unfamiliar with US rolling stock and SPG in general that's the cause of my (few problems), and I don't really enjoy driving those trains tbh...

It actually was the first time I tried to depart from that location lol. I really wish there was a Genesis with some Superliners the route itself seems really cool

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020