This Is The Worst Game Ever. I Need A Refund

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GlastonburyGabriel, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Or some kind of in-game checklist. That might perhaps be even better than a seperate manual. Perhaps with proper help, more people will actually enjoy cold and dark startups.

• Like Like x 2
  2. hightower

hightower Guest

On CSX the start up procedures are in the manual!! As I said, if all the manuals and tutorials had been like CSX there wouldn’t be a problem! I've attached the original manual...see for yourself

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2020
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Just one small nuance - the autobrake settings for the DPU in each instruction (CSX HH as well) are incorrect :)
    Banking Comm (radio) to ON = proper settings "cheat"

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Do they have them in real life? I don't remember seeing train drivers walking along with manuals to the locos...
    I would say a user manual is exactly where this should be

• Like Like x 2
  5. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Some stock has screens to give you a prep checklist.

A lot of drivers also have tablets provided for them, containing manuals, briefs, rulebooks etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think the game could be much more simpler for new players. Not everybody can get up to grips so easily. The bugs are pretty much dtgs "release it now, fix it later policy." I was playing the Bakerloo line yesterday and a passenger flew up to the sky at Harrow & Wealdstone like superman. I found it funny but dumb at the same time. Issues like that shouldn't be happening 2 months after release

7. tallboy7648

I think dtg needs to make a manuels to help newcomers. Yes there are tutiorals, but they aren't enough. I believe dtg can but I guess they're too lazy to do it. It can serisouly help new players out.

8. This is what I say to new players who would like to simplify the game in one way or another:

I think that the whole point of the game is getting to master the trains and systems within it. Moving a train back and forth like a football with wheels is not fun, the hours of investigation required to move the train forward are what makes this game so entertaining. Moving the train forward must feel like an accomplishment, not a given.

When something is easy, it's not fun, when something takes years to master, but you master it, that makes you feel like a genious.

So go outside of your comfort zones, find forums & guides, apply your knowledge to the game, and you won't be able to stop playing.

• Like Like x 2
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The CSX HH manual is out of date, isn’t accurate for TSW2 setup, and isn’t easy to find for someone with no knowledge of that being the first route made for TSW. It might have a lot of information in it but it doesn’t fit with the route as it stands now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Firstly, what you find 'fun' could be totally different than what someone else would consider 'fun'.

Secondly, although mastering a game can be satisfying, having a steep learning curve is offputting and will likely make people quit before they get anywhere.

11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I think Sand Patch Grade needs a tutorial on DPU setup for both the AC440CW and the SD40-2, as most timetable services require the player to manually set up all the locos in a consist.

• Like Like x 1
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

for DPU settings to be correct - just turn ON Banking Comm (radio) in the locomotive in front / end of tutorial :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s enough to get the loco moving, which is what people are struggling with.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not though, which is the point of my post earlier. If you don’t put the banking comm on (it’s not in the manual) your train isn’t going to work correctly. Lots of westbound services have locos at the rear, and it’s those services that people struggle with the most.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the proper headlight configurations. The FRA might hold you accountable for not lighting the rear unit!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Yes, that raised an eyebrow with me as I really struggle with the 72 stock! But the Ice is easy in comparison, I don't think the OP has toggled the visual aids?

17. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one that finds the ICE easier than the 72 stock! :D

18. tallboy7648

The 72 stock is a breeze

19. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Good for you. :)

20. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

And once it's all rolling it might extend from a relaxing to a boring experience.
    Eagerly waiting for a (free roaming?) steam train; the balance between coal loading, water filling and pressure keeps one far more busy.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Weep and wail all you like: it simply won't get you a refund here.