Thoughts On The Tharandter Ramp So Far

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustAVaporeon, Jan 7, 2022.

1. JustAVaporeon

JustAVaporeon Active Member

So far, with the preview we've seen yesterday, I personally think DCZ (yes that's the route abbreviation) could be a really great route to play and experience. And here are some of my reasonings why:

- The route carries over the quality from Riesa-Dresden, so it's well made and laid out, as well as including the much appreciated better night lighting from DRA
    - The BR 612 is well modelled as always and the QSK19 sounds are close to reality, as are the extras (bizarre bell though lol)
    - A new freight operator introduced (Railpool, it's a welcome break from seeing red and black everywhere)
    - It's a decent length and takes a decent time to do a full run
    - Some varied services
    - Some extra detail like the narrow gauge coaches and track (you cant get close to them but its nice to have them regardless)
    - A realistic timetable (thank you once again Joe for your impressive work :D)
    - The 612 has optional tilt if used on other routes (controversial point but I think that's interesting and really nice to have)

Those are really my main points that entice me to get this route. Of course I do have a few small issues but it's mostly small things (except maybe one unless my hearing is bad)

- This was already addressed quickly so it isn't something that's worth explaining much :) but some 612s do the RE3 rarely (this was already addressed in another forum post by Joe, so it's not worth going into now)
    - The Railpool 185.6 sounds like it used the older TRAXX sounds found with the Ruhr Sieg Nord and Main Spessart Bahn 185.2s, this may be wrong and if so, this point can be voided
    - Freight rolling stock are things we've seen before, it doesn't hurt anything in the DLC but a good bit of variety with some modifications or new stock would be well liked :D
    - The run and flange sounds on the 612 sound a little off, again this isn't a massive issue, it's just something on my head

So far though, great first impressions with the preview, I can't wait to try it out!

• Like Like x 1