[ticket] Just Trains - The Kyle Line - Missing Coaches

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by torfmeister, Apr 1, 2022.

1. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

So after cleaning up my PC I've redownloaded Just Trains' beautiful Kyle Line (Steam version).

Scenarios report missing MK1 coaches... whoops?

Upon checking, I am missing JustTrains\Mark1Coach pack, which is part of the Kyle package.

SteamDB leads me to Product TwoHundredFiftyOne (500213) - 202.5 MB

Upon unticking and reticking, Steam shows a download for just a second. The coaches are still missing.

I've created a ticket concerning this, it seems the depot is empty? Interestingly enough, it is the only app in this package that has this cryptic name.

1.png
    2.png

Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2022
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

It's all good for me.

3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I suppose you have not tried to reinstall it (I'm not asking that of anyone of course), that's were the problem is. It won't download the coach pack. It did before, because I know I've had it and played the route.

The Train Simulator: BR Standard Class 4MT comes with this pack too... and then I saw this Steam review. Maybe they'll process my ticket on monday.
    2022-04-02 10_50_43-Steam.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2022
  4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

For the time being I've edited the scenarios to use them good ole Kuju Mk1 coaches...:cool:

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I did a full re-install around 14 months ago and that was everything including the O.S. as I had a PSU failure that killed all my internal drives (including my DVD ROM drive) and guess what my backup drive was, yep.. internal..

So if this is a Steam issue then at least we know it's something that has changed in the last 12 months or so?

Do you not have AP mk1's? if you do then this tool is handy for swapping out kujo/DTG stuff for AP stuff, worked ok for me so far.. > https://github.com/jrmckenzie/RSSwapTool

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Yeah I've got a lot of rolling stock but that's not the point here, thanks.:cool:

7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Sorry for bothering you then....

8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Hey, you do not bother me mate. It's just I've lost a little trust in Steam.

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

The issue is still not resolved. I'm still unable to get the "Mark1Coach" folder even though 500213 app is ticked.

Reef
    As you have the Kyle Line, can you post a screenshot of the folder Assets\JustTrains\Mark1Coach?

Does it look like this?
    121.png

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2022
  10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Image2.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Interesting, thank you Reef. At least I know that SteamDB.info cannot be considered 100% accurate.

I've now bought the Cornish Main Line directly from Just Trains, which includes the Mk1 Coach pack. It does not have a scenery folder though. What's inside?

12. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I have solved the problem for me.

1. renamed the RailWorks folder to RailWorksFULL
    2. moved the appmanifest_24010.acf to a backup location.
    3. started Steam which showed the game as not installed.
    4. went to the Properties>DLC tab and unticked everything
    5. Started installing Railworks which gave me the core game installation quickly
    6. Ticked Product TwoHundredFiftyOne (500213)

and now it downloaded correctly. What I got was a 202 MB ap file, so SteamDB.info is indeed correct.

Now I just copy the files over to my full installation.

Why you, Reef, and DTG have extracted folders and only a small 200 KB ap is a mystery, but I got my files back anyway.

In conclusion - there might be another DLC interfering and preventing Steam from installing the pack.
    I also want to add that I am not happy with the way JT files are distributed. If you have multiple JT routes, the files you get for example for JustTrains\HST are different depending on the installation order.
    In the folder Assets\JustTrains\GreatWestern there are 2 ap files with similar assets - installing the Cornish Main Line (JT download version, not Steam) led to a crash similar to the Union Workshop issue. Unpacking all assets, deciding which files to overwrite (yes JT distributes the same assets in different versions), and finally re-ap'ing them solved the crash.

2022-04-07 22_03_12-.png

13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I suspect my extracted folders are either AP or another 3rd party enhancement my .ap is ~ 202MB though isn't it? 207, (comma) 371kb not 207. (point) 371

14. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Correct, I've edited my post concerning JT file distribution. The screenshot I got from DTG showed a 3 kb .ap file.

Case closed for me, thanks for assistance Reef.

• Like Like x 1
  15. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Thanks to Cyclone, I've figured out exactly what happened. It depends on what JustTrains content you have installed, or in short:
    SWEX breaks Kyle! (both DTG published Steam releases)

FYI, I've created a ticket - because this is likely to be happening again in some other way.

111.png
    001.png
    002.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I tend to have detective skills. :cool:

17. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Makes sense as I don't (yet) own the SWEX route.

At least I know I have full backups of my RailWorks so if/when I do get SWEX I can resolve it my end. Good sleuthing both!

18. Cyclone

torf, any update on this?

19. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I presume it'll take some time to sort this out together with Just Trains. Ticket is closed, here's the reply:

20. Cyclone

Yeah, this makes sense. There's not much more that Chris can do in the CS department other than pass on the bug to people to look at. I doubt JT themselves made the package as I think it's DTG who makes the actual AP files. Thus, in a sense, something done by DTG broke the JT content. The question is whether someone in third-party will take another look and repackage the content correctly.

Given the age of some of the JT routes, I'm not confident they will. However, given further the fact that newer content is using the exact same files, I would argue that they have to take another look. We'll see if they do.

21. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I guess if they've already taken action they've discovered a lot more issues. The same with JustTrains\HST. There is .ap files around with different sizes.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2022
  22. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Good to see the new update, which unified the JT GreatWestern, CommonLibrary, SWEX and Mark1Coach ap files. This should remove a lot of issues.

I'd recommend everyone to clear the cache, as the old blueprints.pak cache files were not deleted by the installer.

Thanks DTG and JustTrains!

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2022