Tokaido Shinkansen (japanese Bullet Train)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by eric#9587, Jan 26, 2021.

1. eric#9587

eric#9587 New Member

The Tokaido Shinkansen is the famous and first Bullet train route in Japan!

A route from the busy metropolitan area of Tokyo, passing (300 km/h or 185 mph) the Japanese countryside and enjoying a great view of Mount Fuji. All the way to historical Kyoto and ending in the laid back city of Osaka.
    This route would have so many options to add to the timetables, the insane punctuality, several types of services like Nozomi (only major stops), Hikari (semi-fast). Even an earthquake scenario can be included, also something known to the Shinkansen.
    As a bonus they could have the original (old) train to have a different (more mechanical) experience from the modern N700 series.

I think they really should reconsider this route for the scenery, options and speed. Well known among train enthousiasts. People who ever visited Japan will probably have ride this line and have fond memories.

• Like Like x 9
  2. BlackPhoenix7

BlackPhoenix7 New Member

As much as I want to see this route in TSW2, I am also worried that by the length of the existing routes, it is very hard for them to include a single section of the Tokaido Shinkansen on which the Nozomi is playable.
    I can imagine them creating the route from Tokyo to somewhere around Odawara (hopefully to Mishima so we can drive the full length of some Kodama services), but even then we can only drive the Nozomi to as far as Shin-Yokohama, which totally misses the point of Nozomi services...
    I feel like the only section possible to be included into the game is from Nagoya to Kyoto. Yes there are only 4 stations on this section of line but those are 4 stations that can still enable us to feel the difference between Nozomi, Hikari and Kodama. If they manage to do that someday, I will happily accept it.