Train Dispatcher Radio Tool

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by geloxo, Apr 21, 2019.

1. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Are you a fan of radio procedures? This interactive process is currently missing in most of the latest train simulator games, and comparing it to the ATC case on flight simulators, it´s really an important part of the complete experience. Therefore I started to experiment a little and decided to create this external tool to add some extra features to the train simulation experience, by allowing player to manually interact with some classical dispatching procedures such as track authorization via track warrants and usage of track bulletins, trying to reproduce the real procedures to the best detail in a balanced way that doesn´t make its usage too complex or boring. At the end the experiment turned into a real thing...

This tool is originally designed to work with Train Sim World game, but due to its flexible design it can be used and customized for any other train simulator you use, simply adding the routes config files to it, which is a very simple process that is explained in the manual. The warrant and bulletins forms are based on the real ones used in US Railroads, but you can use them at any route, as most railways use similar concepts to handle traffic. The tool works completely offline and without interacting to the game engines, and will therefore not have any impact on their performance. It´s really just a cosmetic enhancement but allows a lot of interaction from the player perspective. You can play with it yourself or you can also use it to generate the track authorizations formats files and share them with other players or use them in Teamspeak to verbally authorize player movements in a multiplayer environment, for instance. It´s as flexible as your imagination wants to make it.

The following two voice recordings are the result of the dispatching output produced by the tool:
    https://instaud.io/3zpX
    https://instaud.io/3zEY

You can download the zip containing the files from the following link on the Train Sim World thread below:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-dispatcher-radio-tool.15832/

Please use main thread on TSW forum or the Steam one to post any comments you have. I have posted it here just for you to know about the release, as the tool can work with any version of the game.

This software is distributed as donationware, so if you enjoy using it please consider making a small contribution to support me in further developments. I have put a lot of effort in creating this software for all of us to be able to enjoy it. You will find the details in the manual or in the tool menus.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

A new version is available, including a new cool addition that I like a lot and I was not able to include in the first release. It has no sense to have a radio, if you can´t talk to anybody, isn´t it? Speech recognition has been added to the tool. Yes, now you will have to talk to dispatcher :) Read manual to properly configure this new feature. Some minor corrections were also done to the messages texts and the route cfg files as well to fix minor errors.

First post updated with new download link.

3. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

All recent updates were included in a new stable release. Current version v1.21 is available on the main post.

Cheers