Train Movies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GMAN001, Mar 23, 2019.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Funny you brought William shatners name up,he happen to do a train movie in the 70's for tv.

Disaster on the Coastliner 1979.He was a passenger forced to play hero to save his latest love intrest and a passenger train full of helpless passengers from death and destruction at the hands of a madman out for revenge for the death of his wife and child.)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I was thinking of that- doesn't he play a conman with heart of gold or some such? Also Paul Smith as the madman, Raymond Burr and (IIRC- it's a long time since I saw this) Lloyd Bridges at around the same time he made Airplane which is pleasing if correct. I imagine him stressing out in a signal box saying, "Looks like I chose the wrong day to give up snorting cocaine!"

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

A note to anyone in Britain- just noticed that The Train is on BBC2 this afternoon (Sunday 31/01 2:45). Less than an hour away as I type but hopefully someone will catch this and get introduce to a corking film.

4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw that and was about to mention. I only saw it because there's nothing else on, but it was about a quarter of the way through. It feels to me one of those you need to watch from the start, though I imagine I'd enjoy it.

Also, just skim read this so sorry if I missed it, but any love for The Great St Trinian's Train Robbery from 1966? Absolutely cracking film - not seen it in years though.