1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Train Not Moving Need Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lightwalker, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Lightwalker

Lightwalker New Member

I'm stuck in a great western scenario, the "west world". I'm supposed to take over a class 43 loco after I get to the specific station. I waited till the passengers were loaded but can't get the train moving. I think it's abaut the brakes. The white and red needles are positioned in the middle of the MR gauge. I relesed the brakes to running, applied throttle over and over. No use. At full throttle it seemed to get to 2 or 3 km/h but something is wrong.

Then I turned the engine off and on and the MR gauge turned to normal.(I guess) Again still the train doesn't move at all. Need help.

2. Lightwalker

Lightwalker New Member

Okay it turned out I had activated the parking brake accidently while waiting for the passengers. I was mingling the controls to get familiar at that time. Issue solved.

3. hyperlord

hyperlord Active Member

Reminds me of my first time in Sandpatch. I stopped the train, didn't get it rolling again and on top of that started sliding backwards down the hill. I panicked :)
    Learned a lot about brakes and pressure afterwards ...

4. Lightwalker

Lightwalker New Member

I have abaut 17 hours but I don't know much abaut brakes still. I'm more of a casual player. XD

5. hyperlord

hyperlord Active Member

Don't mind, I'm roundabout 8 weeks into this game and learned most stuff just by playing and listening carefully in the locomotive tutorials. Because I gradually removed assistance from the HUD (disabled next-signal indicator and speed limit) and at the same time learned a lot through reading wikipedia articles about signaling ;-)

For new players, it helped me A LOT, have a look at this wonderful community guide here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/new-versions-tsw-starters-guide-and-tswtools.15398
    This will lead you here: https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator/2-uncategorised/3-trainsim-world-downloads

Take the PDF and just read, I learned everything about "gripping brakes" from there if I remember correctly.
    In my case it was just a "wait until the pressure is gone and the brake opens up again" which caused my panic ;-)

6. Lightwalker

Lightwalker New Member

Thank you, I had read that pdf some time ago, today I checked out the part abaut the brakes again. It's basic but refreshed my memory anyway.

However I'd like a little more complicated information with the brakes. The main reservoir, pipes, pressure, the red and white needles and stuff. I had found something like that in google but now can't remember where it was. Can somebody please give a link with that kind of information. Also please don't give link to wiki, it's blocked in my country.