PC Train Orientation Issues (br 45/1, Br 47/4)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by james#6343, Feb 6, 2021.

1. james#6343

james#6343 Member

I just bought NTP, mainly for its added layers on SHS. Though I witnessed a non game breaking, albeit pretty close, issue with the way the game sees and sets the orientation of the BR 45/1 and BR 47/4.

Basically, what is happening is when you are driving either of the two locos, in either SHS or NTP, the game sees the train as if it's travelling in the opposite direction. Thus the meter showing you your gradient is backwards. So, whenever driving these locos, if it says I'm going up at 4%, I would actually be going down at 4%.

If you look at the train on the map, it actually shows the locomotive facing in the wrong direction.

And lastly, this makes the external cameras show up in the wrong order, with me having to press the "2" or "3" key twice to have the camera at the front of the train.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

It's nice that someone has thought to include the NTP locos on SHS via the "railtours" on the timetable, but they've seriously messed up the implementation. Another result of the locos being back to front is that you consistently have to open the doors on track side rather than platform side at station stops. A further feature of the class 45 on SHS is that if you stand up while the train is moving it applies the emergency brakes. I had no safety systems on at the time, so I don't think that's supposed to happen.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The 45 has a dead man's pedal; if the driver takes his foot off it the brakes come on, and it's not related to AWS or TPWS. I guess this is modeled in game!