Train Sim World 2 - A Year On The Rails

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Benjamin, Dec 20, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

ACS-64 50th Anniversary

Clinchfield, Dresden and Brighton are the three best routes for TSW yet published; SEHS is apparently the most popular. Sherman Hill may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the advent of US freight that approximates real-life size is a significant advance as well. In addition, 2021 saw marked improvements and upgrades across the Preserved Collection; West Somerset for example is practically a new route.

Yes, there are bugs. But it seems to me wrongfooted to keep calling the glass 1/4 empty rather than 3/4 full.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

First of all I wish all a Happy New Year!

Hopefully this pandemic will end slowly but surely. Then not only good sound recordings are possible again, but everyone would feel relieved again. Of course it was a busy year for TSW. What struck me the most is that the landscape graphics have gotten much better, a compliment to all the route builders and the "Preserved Collection" team. For example the very nicely modeled coast line from Cornwall with its realistic looking beaches or the impressive Cane Creek rock formations. New sky maps are also promised. The hottest expected is certainly the first release from: "Spirit of Steam". So the future for TSW fans looks bright. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Even if the Year had more lows than highs, I wish the whole TrainSim Community and the Dovetail Team a Happy new Year. Let's hope 2022 gets better for Train Sim World.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

The people who publish these DTG posts are insane. If they had said “Interesting, but challenging year”, we all would have sympathized and agreed and liked them a little more for being honest, but optimistic. To say this was a fantastic year was just in poor form and tone deaf.

• Like Like x 13
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s pure marketing hype and quite frankly it’s a load a bull. It’s been a mix of delayed releases, pretty much all new DLCs full of obvious bugs, which still aren’t fixed. Patches have been few and far apart too.

Pretty insulting to us players and things definitely need to change in what’s been quite a farcical year.

• Like Like x 10
  6. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I want some of what he has been taking!

• Like Like x 2