Train Sim World 2 - Br Class 313 Emu Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 28, 2021.

1. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I agree with you it is Sony that is putting on the cap and the XBox and PC have no such cap which is more baffling that DTG isn't going to allow achievements on Loco DLC for PC and XBox..

• Like Like x 1
  2. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Agree with you on this. With DSD enabled it makes driving the 313 without the HUD impossible as the brakes keep slamming on.

To me also, the acceleration of the 313 feels a tad odd. Another potential-looking bug I've noticed is the the middle car of the 313 doesn't have the lights on, seen the same with AI. The only way I resolved this was by turning the lights off and on again from the cab. Other than that, generally happy with the DLC overall.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

I did a few runs on stream yesterday and didn't encounter the DSD issue, I wonder what triggers it. I definitely did notice however how quickly the train moves, especially in notch 1, instant and powerful acceleration that surprises you. Definitely not a characteristic of the 313, nor any train that operates on 750V DC power. (AFAIK it accelerates quicker than the 314 which is on 25Kv AC power)

4. balladam67

balladam67 New Member

Glad I’m not the only one, had it do the same on the approach to Redhill when working the Selhurst-Brighton and at the same spot you’ve mentioned. Other then that I’m very happy with the add on in general

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed the wheels spinning when starting or when you start to brake?
    Is it normal or not?
    Otherwise good achievement.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Yep. Doubt this is normal behaviour.

7. dhekelian

Has this been reported?

8. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I think you are missing an important factor. Matt has admitted that DTG were given the documentation which stated that Sony were going to impose a cap on DLC being mounted, it was just that DTG somehow missed it (he didn't state on how it was missed by DTG)

So the reality was that it is a DTG issue as they ignored Sony and only woke up to the issue after we lost use of our content.

If DTG had noticed it, is more than possible that they would have been ready for the change with a fix ready

Now if you also consider that all the crashes being seen are almost certainly memory related and that DTG have said that the amount of DLC people have installed maybe a factor (also DTG admitted they never tested with all DLC installed) then the reason Sony might have put a cap in place was to try to stop memory issues causing said console crashes. Hell DTG have said that the fix produced might be applied to all platforms to help the memory issues we are all seeing

Sorry but this is very much a DTG issue and one they should have been ready for instead of just mindlessly producing endless DLC's without thinking of the consequences

• Like Like x 2
  9. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Doesnt matter if dtg has overseen this or sony just didnt make it clear enough.

Fact is we have a growing playerbase and dtg & sony aswell make profit from dlcs longterm, so they should work together on a solution.

So as a pc player i really hope dtg comes to a solution here, they said each platform, xbox, ps and pc makes 1/3 of the cake. Seems like sony dropes stones in dtgs ways.
    If they fear memory issues thats one thing, but so far they didnt occur as im understanding.

Unbelievable..

10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

是的 :).

11. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Are there problems with the signals in selhurst depot? Road 2 always shows a red whenever i arrive in it and want to leave......

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Like what? What sort of "fix" wpuld solve Sony's DLC cap?

13. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

As you noticed I did say Sony were just as much to blame as DTG. Never said DTG were not to blame at all exactly for the reason you so spoke of.

So no I wasn't missing an important factor.

Just wait other developers are going to run into the same problem in the future. Just DTG release DLC larger and more frequent than most they hit the limit 1st.

Don't you find it odd though that Sony is the only one putting limits on things with the PS5? Why isn't MS, or Steam, or Epic putting limits on developers?

But yes DTG most definitely should have seen and realized they would of had this issue.

14. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Passengers getting stuck between the platform and the train on East coastway on the 313 platform 8 at Brighton

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. jack.amos.amj

jack.amos.amj New Member

Its due to memory issues implemented by Sony.

16. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I've waited over a year for this DLC and yet all I really have to say is "it's alright".

I've driven just less than two hours total and it's been fun but I can't see myself driving it religiously, especially with how off the physics feel when accelerating. I don't have much experience with 313s (the last time I was even near one of Southern's was around 2015, I had slightly more experience with Great Northern's) but even I can tell they're too quick off the mark.

The DSD glitch is infuriating and once again makes me question DTG's testing process (and in turn makes me question how much of what was said during the post rush hour Q and A stream they actually meant). Also is the AWS supposed to sound like the old fashioned version? The cab looks more modern than the 314's so I was expecting the more modern sounding version. Again I'm pretty unfamiliar with the real train so feel free to correct me.

• Like Like x 3
  17. solicitr

The DSD is "infuriating"? Simply don't turn the bloody thing on! (It shouldn't be there; the real train doesn't have one).

• Like Like x 4
  18. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

How can you not find the train seemingly stopping at random irritating? And I didn't know it had no DSD in real life so obviously I was gonna turn it on.

19. solicitr

If you don't turn on DSD, the random stopping problem never occurs.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

I'm genuinely curious, if the DSD shouldn't be there, why has it been modeled in the game?

21. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

The DSD should be there but it is currently operating like a silent DVD which when activated stops the train unexpectedly. The very simple solution is just not to turn it on until it's fixed.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

On the 313 a passenger getting stuck between the train and the platform at Brighton on the East coast way on platform 8

Attached Files:

23. dhekelian

Looks painful....

24. solicitr

Fortunately, zombies don't feel pain.

• Like Like x 1
  25. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

This is a nice dlc which really adds to the east coastway. Love the track sounds.

• Like Like x 4
  26. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Well after getting Microsoft to buy it for me I've done the tutorial and one run in it. It's a DLC that I'm considering removing because other than the unit it adds nothing to the route it's made for without achievements.

• Like Like x 2
  27. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Why not just play it for the enjoyment of playing it?

• Like Like x 4