Train Sim World 2 - Experience The American Legend

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Nov 25, 2021.

1. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

I’ve honestly never noticed that out of all the times I’ve played the route when I first got it where is it near the front of the yard or back of the yard .?

2. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

I
    ive Had that same problem as well I thought it was just me being a dumbass trying to get click on Boston Sprinter then ended up playing Peninsula Corridor

3. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Another strange situation I have noticed, running a timetable.
    Please check what an AI train is doing...

UP TRAIN BACKWARDS - 1.JPG
    UP TRAIN BACKWARDS - 2.JPG
    You may think... what is wrong? You are passing another train.
    No...that is not what is happening there.
    That train with the SD40 is going backwards almost all the route long!
    That can not be possible on real world.
    I mean sometimes trains goes backwards for some shunting or special movement.
    But not for so many miles on the main line!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

One time doing a intermodal run the train infront of me was just stuck a red single and wouldn’t move but the single never changed and stayed red for 20 minutes until I gave up and left

5. grdaniel48

Thanks Matt
    Yes I have suffered that too.
    But as someone else have already mentioned, I just mention this really strange situation.

I remember almost on every route I used - I have lot of them - red lights have happened.
    The last one was on a timetable on Hamburg Lubeck. Almost arriving to Hamburg HBF, my train was stopped by red light.
    Looking the map, I noticed there were 2 trains on my same path! One at the station, other on the previous red light, and finally mine, on the following red light.
    Even do not understand why those 2 trains in front of me, never caused a yellow or red light to make the ride more entertaining.
    They appeared at the end causing my train not can arrive to final station.

That is really frustrating.

I believe they do not check all the timetables they creates...
    But they might do it.

6. grdaniel48

Here you have a comparison between the real SD70ACE cab main screen vs. the TSW2 one.

SD70ACE TSW2 SCREEN - OK.jpg SD70ACE REAL SCREEN - OK.jpg

I believe DTG made a great job!
    Main difference I noticed are the 4 brake figures below the 2 main ones (ER / BP), which have larger numbers.
    May be they could fix this on future upgrade.

I would like to ask if there is any "hot key" for the bell on PS4?
    As on this locomotive in order to turn off, it is not enough to touch it, you must make the lever go down.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

I bought this a few days ago and have noticed something odd,
    when travelling downhill and an AI train is coming uphill
    as the AI passes the sound from it is the same as if it were stationary and on tickover not powering uphill

Also, on Series S I have yet to get all the way downhill without using emergency brakes at least once

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

How fast are you trying to go? Don't think you can take a downgrade at the posted speed limit and have a prayer of controlling a heavy train.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  9. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Trying to stay below 30mph, on my first run I had to use emergency when dynamic brakes let it reach 65mph
    Am I right in thinking that automatic and dynamic brakes can't be use together on this route
    like on SPG?

10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You need to at the 1.5% down grade. But there are two tricks: do not let your train go faster that say 35Mph and each time you set the auto brake, bail off the independent brakes to make the dynamic brake work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The technique is called blended braking: use the auto brake to set a "floor," on top of which you use the dynamics to control speed (and, yes, you have to bail off, because the indy brake interferes with the dynamics). Once you set the auto brake, you can increase it as necessary but do not reduce or release it! Not until you're off the hill.

IRL, consists as long as those in Sherman Hill would have independent DP control of the various engines, so that over the summit the rear locos would still be pushing while those in front would already be braking. TSW doesn't replicate that, but you can make sure not to be doing more than say 20-25 mph as you crest the hill, and only allow your speed to increase after you're sure you can hold what you have.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Ain’t there suppose to be an Sherman Hill sign at the summit?

13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes there is supposed to be one there and Matt has acknowledged it will put in likely in the next round of updates.