Train Sim World 2 - First Look Metro Norths Harlem Line

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 2, 2022.

1. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Excellent video! And the route looks really good!

2. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

By watching this first look video (), it's clear that there are no track joint sounds at all. Train goes through junctions and soundwise, nothing happens.

• Like Like x 3
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Rush hour passengers probably won't be added for a year with how things are going at the moment

• Like Like x 3
  4. tallboy7648

How could dtg not get the track noise rignt. That's unacceptable

• Like Like x 2
  5. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Maybe those sounds are there, but I honestly didn't hear anything. And my Bose headphones are quite good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

Hopefully they are there

• Like Like x 1
  7. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I only heard on junctions but yeah no track sounds

8. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

We got to let Matt know on the stream later on when they go LIVE. This is crazy. Also was there any fix to the lighting or any difference added to the PC Version?

• Like Like x 1
  9. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Why would it be in the hands of the preserved collection team? Their remit is to add current functionality to old routes. Brighton was part of the Rush Hour release so the omission of rush hour passengers is a fault with the software as released and should be dealt with as such.

Where this leaves Harlem is anybody’s guess. It would be logical to think that once Rush Hour was implemented then all future commuter routes would feature rush hour passengers. However, logic and DTG do not seem to make happy bedfellows.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

We got to let Matt know on Stream Today

11. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

What I feared the most about this route. To be authentic this route needs a lot more NPC's and not only on the platforms. It's a shame because I guess they put a lot of effort in it. Looked forward to this route but the preview last week already lowered my expectations. I'll wait for Andy's team to make a remix of this route.

• Like Like x 5
  12. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Regarding the sounds, it seems that they have increased the volume of the squeaks in the curves, but the crossing of the junctions is still inaudible, something that penalises this route a lot. Can anyone imagine, for example, London Conmuter without those fantastic sounds?

DTG's inconsistency is remarkable, for example:
    - 314 on Cathcart has all sounds well implemented.
    - 313 DLC has the sound of crossing of the junctions but lacks the screeching sounds at curves.
    - In Harlem there is screeching sound at curves but it lacks the sound of crossing of the junctions.

I understand that a different person has worked on each product, because if it has been the same person it doesn't make any sense, or at least I can't find it.

Anyway, maybe hopefully in the future Adam and his team will fix it. With the pace of updates, maybe we'll have it in 2026, with the release of TSW 4 :D

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You’ll just be told to vote with your wallet. That’s the usual DTG response on the stream. Either like what you see and buy it or don’t like what you see and save your money. That’s the first lesson in running a business right there (apparently) - none of this trying to please the customer nonsense.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Did they fix the lighting in Grand Central? Looks much brighter and thus more realistic than in last week’s preview stream.

15. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

They also forgot to put realistic track sound, throughout the whole route, there was no track sound as well, you can't hear the sound of the train going over track, and junction and crossing the bridge, and turning through the curve with screeching sound as well. This have been the most problematic for DTG for almost all the newest route that they release. It is getting very tiring to some of the enthusiast railfan players such as myself. Why is it so hard for them to create an option for players to adjust the train track sound or any other sound, ambient noise in route, to a player's liking, you don't TSxx have any problem with it. In fact, their track sound is most noticeable in all their route? COME ON AUDIO TEAM What is the problem? On top of that, another third-party company called RW Enhancer is able to create a better experience for the player, while DTG team still can't. How far are we going to have take before Matt or Any of the DTG would start listening to our feedback? They keep just brushing it under the rugs, Despite the fact that the team work so hard on it, the audio team still misses an important which is train track noise, while could the team just create a button for sound and let us the player adjust different sound aspect in-game to our liking?

• Like Like x 4
  16. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I can hear a rumble over points, and small amounts of flange in GCT, but apart from that nothing track related. Still a decent route though.
    Audio on the train is vastly improved particularly the M3 when the brakes are being fully released.
    Passengers are... well... the passengers.
    Lighting is okay but should be better especially against Dresden, but we were told that we may not get it on every route so for me it's okay.
    Variety of traffic is good, far better than LIRR.

17. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Looking at trainsimulatordriver's gameplay stream, the texturing of many trackside assets and infrastructure on the route is so god damn ugly ugly. There are good parts, like the top surface of the station platforms, or the narrow tunnel between GCT and Harlem, but at other parts it's utterly horrible, like the wide tunnel section at GCT with the junctions and crossovers.
    The brown metal stucture for the elevated seciton is also a pain for the eye. If I ever get the route, replacing that texture with something darker and more realistic will be one of the first things I do. I also find the retaining walls on the sunken sections really bad.
    For some reason the track sleepers and third rails also seem so bright and/or shiny.

The whole route seems so weird. I think the texturing turned out very bad for this one.

Edit: Roads are also all very ugly. Building too clean. The whole route feels like it was made in Trainz 2009 with freeware assets. Who the hell is making these textures?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  18. tallboy7648

Yeh they didn't get the texturing right for many asssets on this route. So much for "detail"

• Like Like x 1