Train Sim World 2 - First Look Metro Norths Harlem Line

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 2, 2022.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And steam and old br blue diesel trains are outdated tech which belong in a scrapyard. They look amazing when they're scrapped and pieces of scrap metal junk

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. tallboy7648

It going to New Haven would be better. It's the new haven line not the stamford line

• Like Like x 2
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's 70 very urban miles. Not very likely

4. tallboy7648

Urban and surburban. The New Haven line doesn't only run in cities with large skyscrapers. Also the portion from Grand Central to Woodlawn is already modelled because of the harlem line so the additional length that would have to be made is less than 70 Miles

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

The majority of ATC/ACSES consultation with respect to this release has been from an actual MNRR employee that operates this equipment daily. Great dude and glad he was able to get on the team.

• Like Like x 17
  6. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

What are the odds that it's ghostengineer lol

7. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Out of respect for the individual, I won't reveal their identity. But I've never seen them use that online name which makes me believe it's someone different.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Random Railfan

Yeah I totally get that, I don't wanna invade anyone's privacy.

9. tallboy7648

That's good. If you got info from an employee then that's even better. So im hoping for the best :)

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I've played LIRR TSW 2020 most of the time and in my opinion M7 LIRR is easier to run than a Class 166 future SNCB/NMBS AM08 MS08

11. pnaw10

pnaw10 New Member

A slap in the face to Metro North fans. First the Hudson Line in TS that pretends nothing exists beyond Croton-Harmon... And now the Harlem Line only going to North White Plains? Less than 1/2 the actual line for the price of a full line. Very lazy. Do the entire line, please. Please!

• Like Like x 4
  12. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

They missed a large opertunaty to include one of the most famous passenger trains, but did they even seem to have thought of that no. Instead they do just another copy and paste route with rolling stock and engines

• Like Like x 1
  13. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

OK, so the inclusion of the Met Life building and correct PIS are all fine and dandy (and important to many players) but the first priority MUST be to ensure that the route runs smoothly on all platforms with no crashing.

• Like Like x 5
  14. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I see that this is still the most pessimistic fanbase of all time, and that we will always find something to moan about. Yeah it's not perfect, but it's incredibly unrealistic to expect it to be.

This is the most excited I think I've ever been for a non UK route. To someone who's never been to New York (but has always wanted to visit), this route looks really cool. Hopefully the first preview stream is soon because I can't wait to see more of it.

• Like Like x 6
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That goes without saying, although it is something DTG are struggling with at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

You've got a curious way of expressing things. First calling them 'very lazy' and then begging them to do the entire line? Can't see that technique having many people tripping over themselves to act on it, tbh.

• Like Like x 10
  17. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

No....That would cause some serious Backlash even if the route is amazing, because that would be a new low for dtg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I hear you, but respectfully disagree.

I think the potential of getting an M8 DLC depends on Harlem line selling REALLY well, as DTG have said before that loco DLCs are not very profitable as potential sales are limited to the fraction of the player base who've bought the route.

I think in order to sell that well, Harlem line needs to appeal to the widest possible audience, and creating a truly busy route at the expense of a little accuracy on AI services (that, honestly, most non-locals won't even notice) is a good tradeoff IMO.

There is no current US route comparable to BML or Dresden (or now even Koln with the expansion pack) in terms of of traffic density, and I just think if Harlem line is another ghost-town like LIRR it would be a huge mistake.

It's NYC, you gotta go big!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm normally big on authenticity myself, but, looking at that screenshot of Harlem-125th, which is supposed to be at the height of the evening rush, fills me with foreboding. I know its WIP, but you know what they say about WIP.

This route needs to be comparable to other recent commuter lines, like BML and Boston. I don't expect it to be quite as busy as BML, but it certainly needs to be at least as energetic as Boston, especially along the shared trackage with the New Haven line and the GCT throat. Like those routes, it needs some serious AI, not to mention passenger density.

• Like Like x 4
  20. lovetrains 3628

lovetrains 3628 Active Member

frist look at harlm line next week

• Like Like x 1
  21. solicitr

It wouldn't be any worse than having 375s run the 465 services on SEHS, where, as with the M8, the substitute looks nothing at all like the correct train. Of course, in that case the 465 was planned and so it made sense to create timetable services for it from the start.

However, given how close to release we are, I would venture that the timetable by now is already set in concrete. Unless these bogus "M8s" only run on tracks not used by the Harlem M3/M7s and so don't interfere.

22. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, that was quick:
    RailfanTV - NEW DESIGN.jpg
    (first preview stream of it, but still)

• Like Like x 9
  23. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I think we are looking at a release date of March 17th 2022 for this route...Not Bad

• Like Like x 1
  24. bdlaplaca

bdlaplaca Member

Im curious to see how the timetable will handle routing of the trains along the 4 track section south of where the Hudson line joins. As many as 3 tracks handle traffic in a single direction and it changes 5 or 6 times a day.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, preview stream before Horseshoe Curve and Luzern-Sursee. Didn't expect that. Looking forward to seeing it

26. tallboy7648

First of all a M8 dlc for the harlem line wouldn't even happen. The New Haven line Stamford local services stops at Harlem 125th and Fordham which are 5 miles apart and only take 8 minutes on the New Haven line. The express trains of the New Haven line stop at 125th only and bypass all stations in the bronx before splitting off at Woodlawn. An M8 Dlc simply wouldn't make sense since you would really only be stopping at 2 stations. The only way we would see an M8 is if the new haven line itself is made

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

The M8s run along the Harlem line from Grand Central and Woodlawn before splitting off. The New Haven line Stamford local services only stop at 125th Street and Fordham.

28. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Wow if you look at background in the picture you can see helicopters flying in the air. That's a first.

• Like Like x 3
  29. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

That’s very unexpected! Luzern-Sursee was revealed a month ago, but no traces of a stream yet. Harlem Line on the other hand was revealed this week, and we’ll already get to see it in action shortly after.
    We have to point out that River Games doesn’t really do early preview streams, though. They show off the DLC and release it shortly after (unless things go wrong, like with the West Cornwall route). So maybe Luzern-Sursee will still be released before Harlem Line? Certainly looks ready to go judging by the huge amount of promo material they’ve been publishing.
    I just hope they give each route enough attention and breathing space. Still remember IOW being released so close to HMA, which completely ruined its sales and reviews. It didn’t deserve that, it’s a cute little route with lots of attention to detail.

30. SubwayRailfanner

Well Harlem Line was on the roadmap way before Luzern and Horseshoe Curve is a different story.

• Like Like x 1
  31. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

The roadmap isn’t really a reliable way of estimating release dates anymore since they can now put new content on it whenever they want (which is not necessarily a bad thing, I loved how we immediately got screenshots with the Swiss route announcement). Maybe they encountered some issues that slightly delayed Luzern-Sursee, hopefully we’ll get a clarification in next week’s roadmap stream.

32. SubwayRailfanner

Agreed I thought Luzern was going to be first as well. But it is made by Rivet after all lol. Probably explains the delay.

33. Dinosbacsi

Wow, really. I do wonder if that will actually be in the route (would be pretty neat), or if it's just for the promo art.

34. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

It just announce on this coming Thursday. So i believe the release date is going to be on the following tuesday

35. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Hopefully this route would do really good so that they can make the next route which is the Hudson Line

• Like Like x 1
  36. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I really do hope that they would put AI train for the Hudson and the new haven line even though we can't drive it.

37. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I think its going to probably be much early as we know from the past, if they are going to do a sneek peak on Thursday, then most likely they would release it on a Tuesday, which is 3/15/22 Tue. Since this has been always the case.

38. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I hope they would use the remaining time to fix the changes as i mention in my post on the top to fix the correct PIS system in Station and The Metlife building before they release it. :D

39. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I kinda of had a hunch since that how it was order in the tsw roadmap on the official website page on news. It said upcoming and Harlem was the first one. :D

40. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Harlem was already in the process of making since around last Christmas last year, so of course this will come out first. Luzern was announced after. :)

41. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I also have a feeling when Adam's do the stream next week with Nat, since its a update roadmap stream, i think that we would also get some of the preservation crew update on that day or week. :D:cool:

42. solicitr

Releases are always on Thursday. On the Tuesday two days before, they release a patch to prepare the game for it (with luck, this patch will include the first tranche of Preserved Crew updates).

• Like Like x 2
  43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Do you think that this would give them enough time to fix the current PIS On station Platform to the current updated one, and also the Metlife Building?

44. tallboy7648

I don't recall tsw2 dlc's releasing on Tuesdays. They usually release on a Thursday for some reason

• Like Like x 1
  45. tallboy7648

Well hopefully. But usually what we see is what we get.

46. solicitr

Oh, no. If they have a scheduled release that close, the final build has already been submitted to QA.

47. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

[​IMG]
    This is something that i just realize but i belive the radio is also another feature added to this cab, because if you look to the right on the side panel you will see a blue led font with something writte on it MAR 2- APPLE, something like that, which i believe its the radio program into it, which i am excited. But what does it do, what is that thing, i think its the radio panel but i am not sure, can someone explain what it is?

48. Dinosbacsi

It says MNRR 2-HARLEM. MNRR being Mentro-North RailRoad and Harlem obviously being Harlem Line.

• Like Like x 1
  49. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Couldn't really see it clearly when you don't enlarge it it look like the word that i say, but anyhow is that used for changing the route destination?

50. Random Railfan

I get the "copy paste" thing but what else could they make that would be appropriate for that section of the line? I guess the P32 and some Shoreliners (I'd like that) but the BL20GHs wouldn't have a place south of North White Plains

• Like Like x 1