Train Sim World 2: Hamburg – Lübeck - Creating Services

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 23, 2021.

1. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Freight would fit in if it affects your timetable, as in real life sometimes a freight train gets priority which means you have to watch signals and maybe leave it some space to clear some sections so you can salvage lost time, often I lose time because of a crossing or letting a freight train pass (which is annoying with its lower speed)

2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It looks a lot like that will be happening with Cathcart Circle, I don't appreciate the direction this is going :(

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I get your feeling. I really do, but I can understand why DTG re-release the 182. The one we‘ve got with RT is a dead end - in the configuration we‘ve got it in (with PIS boards), you‘d almost never see it outside of RT. If they want to give a more realistic 182 all around (but especially for freight), releasing a privately owned one is pretty much the only option other than getting ÖBB ones in the game.

• Like Like x 4
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Does DB really not use the 182 for passenger work?

• Like Like x 1
  5. KoeleKoen

It's on rapid transit, so as far as i know this one is just a reskin but i guess with the new simugraph features? I fear this one will just be some a to b freight runs

6. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Meanwhile they do, mostly RE services in Northern Germany as a substitution for upcoming delayed EMUs (I think somewhere around Hamburg - Schwerin). They don't have many 182 (only 26!) in their fleet anyway so they are a very rare sight.
    Weirdly they were never used for IC services indeed, even if it's germanys fastest locomotive. There are Taurus' visible pulling an IC service, but these are ÖBB 1116 running ECs from and to Austria.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

The difference between the DB 182 and the MRCE 182 are very minor. The DB 182 has only two pantographs instead of three and an added PIS system. Maybe the interior of the MRCE 182 has a different colour but that's it. I find that being not enough to argue for a completely new loco.

DB uses their 182s only for passenger work. They were meant for freight operations but because the economy crises happened in 2009 and DB Railion (now DB Cargo) lost many contracts they were reassigned to the Cottbus-Leipzig line to replace services from malfunctioning Talent 2. For that they were equipped with PIS displays. They have been reassigned to many different depots in East Germany in the following years and never returned to freight work.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That‘s because they were only bought due to being allowed to be run into Austria for freight trains. Once the Br 185 was allowed to go there, the 182s were sold (or something like that) from Cargo to Regio. They were never in the posession of Fernverkehr.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well the 112 does have one key feature the 143 doesn't a working destination screen.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  10. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

The BR 101 is certified for the Austrian network and the IC coaches are just allowed to drive 200km/h, so there was no need to get BR 182s for use in the Intercity services. (The BR 101 was certified for 220km/h but since they never went above 200km/h this was reduced to 200km/h to save money)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

And this argument does only hold up as long as the Preservation Crew hasn't done any work on RSN. The PIS display is there, it's just not implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s probably just a blank space where the PIS would go. If the system isn’t built into the train model then it’s a lot of work to add it. They haven’t been adding PIS to trains that don’t have it in this first round of work, just to the stations.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

I believe Adam said on the last roadmap stream that someone on his team has been learning how to add the PIS systems into trains, from the main team.

Obviously not a guarantee but we might see this going forward.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I also believe he said that they were doing it for the 146 on MSB. But I might have misunderstood something.

15. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

He did talk about the 146, but that already has working displays. He later pointed out they will add dynamic destinations, so it must be something like the ICE, where the displays show all the station the train is stopping at, not just the final destination. Or maybe it's going to be like on the 377, where the destinations scroll on the displays when they are too long.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

Correct if Im wrong but I think 146 already has working destination board? Although its not dynamic but the earlier version.

17. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They make the Destinations for every route, it’s not changeable anymore then probably

18. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

But from what I understood the older pis on trains used a texture for each designation, whereas the newer ones simulate the electric board as in that it lights up single dots to Form whatever is shown.
    This is also why modders were able to change the available destinations on older trains, but not on the newer ones.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the ability to properly make scenario routes with all my tracks accessible.......

• Like Like x 2
  20. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

In Germany though, passenger trains get priority and not freight trains. It's unfortunately the opposite in the U.S if your running on Freight owned track

21. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Unless you are dealing with commuter rail. They get priority over freight at peak times.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Yea , frieght doesn’t usually have a set time that they have to be at their destination

• Like Like x 2
  23. KoeleKoen

Here in Belgium they have to pay for a reservated time they use the route, if they are late the track owner has to pay a fine to the freight company, so often they let freight get priority since the freight are private companies and passenger is just one company operated by the government

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  24. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Ah, this I did not know. Personally I think it's a pity, because historic routes create different gameplay, especially with passenger services, where there are fewer (if any) MUs or cabcars. This is well demonstrated by the Diesel Legends, its other failings notwithstanding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

I really dislike the new PIS system or what DTG is doing with it.
    IC 2221 to "Hamburg Hbf"?
    Last time I looked this train up, it drove to Frankfurt(Main)Hbf....
    What is a PIS actually for, if it only shows destinations "on route"? The fact that I can only drive the path between Lübeck and Hamburg I actually know from the route, don't need a system telling me all the time. But I want a system telling me the "real traindata" for immersion.
    So please DTG overthink your lates changes to that system...

Oh and since I'm talking about IC 2221: The train does change direction in real life in Hamburg and leaves towards Harburg (please don't let it drive to Altona....)

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  26. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

And because this changes the direction in the middle of its run it would have a cab car. Sadly we didn't get it even if we see the shortcomings with this decision with the very first route the BR 101 DLC get's layered on.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Technically the need of a cabcar (or at least a top and tailed train) is very big on this route anyway.
    The IC terminates in Lübeck and runs back to Frankfurt (Hamburg) after a few hours (of course including the need to change direction for that). But knowing DTG the train will probably leave the map at Lübeck (heading towards a diesel track) and later enter the map again, turned around magically...

• Like Like x 3
  28. tallboy7648

They do the same thing on sehs as well. All 395 services will say St Pancras To Faversham but most actually don't terminate at Faversham. Some go to Margate and most go to Ramsgate so I don't get why it doesn't say St Pancras to Ramsgate or St Pancreas To Margate

• Like Like x 1
  29. tallboy7648

Oh the good ol cabcar. DTG really need to do a better job in planning and budgeting dlcs otherwise why are players spending $20-$30 on dlc?

Last edited: May 2, 2021