Train Sim World 2 - Hustling On The Harlem

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 10, 2022.

1. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

The whoosh sound can be heard at 59:33 of the Harlem Line Preview Stream

2. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I do also hope so for the lighting as well as the track sound. I really do hope so as well

• Like Like x 1
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

So they didn't show the new gameplay yet where you have to enforce passengers to wear a masK?
    This! I can't even buy this route because I know this will be the only thing I will be focussing on: Where are all the New Yorkers? I watched the real life route yesterday and I was surprised to see how many people you see even in the places you would expect that are empty like parking lots.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Another thing that I find bad are the inaccuracies with the elevated section around 125th Street.

For example, they made a good job in replciating the different sections in the elevated structure, like it being full stone and ballast track at first, then this green railing, then the brownish metal section until the end. But to me there are two major issues. One is that all railings seem too low, the other one is the said railings being too far away from the tracks. In real life it feels crowded and really like a "corridor" with the railing surrounding you a bit, but in game these railing as further away and much lower, giving it a much more open and flatter feel.

Just look at this comparison.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Same can be seen on the metal section as well. The in-game rendition of the section feels much more spacious and underdetailed because of this. Also, the sidewalls are way too bright.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And also, what the hell goes on at the 125th Street station? Again, not only does it feel very flat and underdetailed, but what's with the elevated structure doing a big S curve to the right? It should follow the curvature of the tracks.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sure, these are not game-breaking issues, more like just imperfections. But I feel like the representation of such an unique part of the route could've been done better. Though still a better job than what LIRR did with the elevated section.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well so much for "shorter length to focus on detail."

• Like Like x 5
  6. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

You should ping Trainsim_Matt and see what he say and can he fix it before the released. I really don’t know what the team was thinking when making this route, how did they get the scenery and track layout wrong when they have so much information and miss so much asset especially the whole feeling ambient at Grand Central Terminal or Heading towards Harlem 125th street.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody should ping Matt for this and there is no time to change anything like this before release anyway. It comes out in a couple of days.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

It won't be fixed before release. Best bet is to wait after release for patches

9. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Hopefully Matt might surprise us and try to fix these issue before realeased date, Wouldn’t that be the first lol, but just imagine if he did. At least let hope he can get the team to fix the number of passenger on platform.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Matt said Harlem has been very stable and no issues. But, with the lack of passengers, I wonder if this is why. Once rush hour passengers are added, will the route remain stable?

11. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I really do hope that’s not the case.

12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Hope you have lots of patience. Still waiting for fixes for BLM and Boston which were coming in" weeks not months ".

• Like Like x 5
  13. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

While what’s been done here is still better than what was done in the TS version. Your points along with tallboy7648, are very much valid.

This is one of the main reasons why I don’t buy into the whole reason this route was cut so short.

• Like Like x 2
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The two shots aren't taken from the same spot. In the RW photo, the part shown in the TSW screenshot is barely visible.

15. Dinosbacsi

They are the same spot, right where the track starts curving to make room for the platforms.

• Like Like x 3
  16. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

That’s
    thats is the right spot, what are you talking about? If you think it’s wrong can you post the correct picture of it

• Like Like x 1
  17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The RW photo is taken from at least 100 yards farther away, and the beginning of the curve-out is effectively out of frame

18. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I am sorry but I can’t help you there, You are the one that trying to make a point and that’s why I am asking you to prove your point

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yeah. You can see the same building in both pictures at different distances.

20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Isn’t the last picture it suppose to curve inward around the bend when comparing the realistc photo to the in game photo? Cause I see a huge curve outward almost like a big bend towards Harlem in the game photo?

21. tallboy7648

If you go to the 9:00-9:04 min mark you can see how it it in real life. In reality near the station there isn't a huge gap as depicted in game. DTG modelled it wrong. The metal flows with the track if you know what I mean

• Like Like x 1
  22. Dinosbacsi

What do you think I did? Took a screenshot of the preview stream and a real life cab ride video of the line. You are free to do the same.

But the two pictures are from the same location. Right as arriving into 125th Street and the track begins to curve to make room for the pisland platform. You can even see the two buildings on the sides. The only reason they look closer on TSW screenshot is because of a smaller field of view, as it has been cropped from the preview stream and I cropped out the rest of the cab.

• Like Like x 3
  23. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

That’s why I ask for him to prove his point when clearly there are lot video that shows and prove our argument. He saying it because the camera is view at at a specific angle which I can clearly see for myself that’s we are right

• Like Like x 1
  24. tallboy7648

The camera angle from the photo wasn't very far either to be honest

25. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Probably a mediocre defense for the dev team but YouTube's bitrate is really awful for streams so it looks more pixelated and less detailed that it really is. I think there's probably more texturing going on but you can't see it because of the bad resolution.

26. rare_common_sense

Yes, Apparently the curve in the TSW photo is wrong. I noticed it right away in the stream. That's one thing they depicted better in the TS version...
    As mentioned already. For the little that is done. There's very little to no excuse for them getting this detail wrong for this station.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, I just watched a TS video as well and the elevated section looks much better in there. Sidewalls are higher and closer, and it follows the curve at the station.

What the hell happened in the TSW version? Did noone watch a cab ride video of the actual thing when laying the bridge assets?

• Like Like x 6
  28. rare_common_sense

Nah Chief, They actually had it somewhat correct in the TS version. How they made that mistake in TSW is beyond me. But to give you an idea of just how much they seemingly show any real respect for US Commuter enthusiasts... They also give us the wrong platform heights in all of the recent TS versions of Penn Station.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

First off I don't think bitrate could ruin the textures as much as you're suggesting it could. Second even if did mess with those that was only one point, the fence modeling and placement is still clearly off, as is the lack of a curve entering the station. Neither can be explained by bitrate, and frankly both are much more severe problems than some off-color textures. Modders can go in and fix those relatively quickly, completely redoing track work and modeling new assets though is a much more involved effort.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Random Railfan

Oh yeah the modeling can't really look different but maybe texturing, especially on the Harlem viaduct looks better when you're running the game yourself (not a stream)? I'm just being optimistic lol.

31. Random Railfan

Yeah the viaduct in Harlem does look pretty solid in TS. Grand Central and the Park Avenue Tunnels are pretty bad though imo.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Park Avenue Tunnel doesn't have modelled stations for 59/72/86 street stations, why? I'm living in Europe but for me those stations are an important part of this route. There are abandoned stations on Dresden, SKA, WCL, ECW and other routes... How can you just ignore the whole stations?

• Like Like x 3
  33. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

They kind of still got the PIS Wrong. The team should have create a brand new led sign and not the LIRR because The LIRR One is different from the Metro North Line. Heres a picture of the OLD PIS Sign before they switch to color LED PIS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  34. tallboy7648

Frankly I'm not surprised they didn't model the abandoned underground stations. Let's face it even though they said they made the route shorter to focus on detail, that really wasn't the case

• Like Like x 2
  35. Random Railfan

Yeah it's a shame. I'm really hoping they took the express tunnels in the stream (you can only see the old stations on the local/outer tracks IIRC) but I'll give it another watch. Fingers crossed they modeled them and we just aren't seeing them. I think TS has them (albeit very low detail).

I just watched the stream over and it looks like they forgot to model the old stations. Bit of a shame.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  36. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

So far, TS only has the 59th street abandoned platform, but is missing 72nd and 86th st abandoned platforms. If detail is the focus which is the reason the route is shorter compared to more recent routes, why is it that some aspects are left out in TSW2. I also agree, how is it that the curve approaching Harlem-125th street is modeled incorrectly, while TS has it modelled more accurate. Despite these things, I think the route is still good overall, but would be better if these issues can be fixed

• Like Like x 8
  37. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

We got to address this tomorrow on the stream

• Like Like x 1
  38. tallboy7648

I'm sure many things will be addressed on the stream. These posts do get read

39. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

• Like Like x 1
  40. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

here is close up of the grand central terminal fans upclose that i am talking about
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  41. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Picture of end of the track where the yellow buffer is located at
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  42. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Heres a close up of the Circle Track Marker and The Trash Bin at Grand Central Terminal Harlem Line
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Here a picture of the cage that is used for recycling such as newspaper can, and other at Grand Central Terminal Station Harlem Platform
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  44. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Good spot, i noticed the same on the boston route. They left out an entire station building.

This line was advertised as "detail rich", and if this with those missing stations is true, dtg managed to lower my interest from "low" to zero right now.

But hey, we get working billboards!
    Screenshot_20220316-065438_Chrome.jpg

Not putting entire metro stations on your "metro route", leaves big open questions to me as DTG customer.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  45. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Any particular reason as to why these 5 photos couldn't be consolidated into one post, rather than spamming the thread?

• Like Like x 7
  46. Anthony Pecoraro

What station missing in Boston?

47. meridian#2659

Well in my opinion disused stations are a huge part of each routes character. No reason to cut them out. If dtg has time for the fancy stuff, they should at least get the route right.

Screenshot_20220316-122401_Chrome.jpg

Wonter rail made a seperate thread after release.
    I Get The Feeling That Something Big Is Missing Around Pawtucket

• Like Like x 3
  48. Anthony Pecoraro

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

• Like Like x 1
  49. meridian#2659

The difference i see, with boston there was a decent amount of mileage, a giant discount with the season pass and entire new rolling stock released. On top the most important part all 3 RH routes have great loco & gameplay dlc potential.

So the missing station on top of the bridge is more of a minor thing to me compared to the harlem line.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Dinosbacsi

They keep missing underground detail all the time. For example, on LIRR, the underground section between East New York station and Jamaica has a junction with a tunnel branching out to somewhere. I believe it's like an unused tunnel noways or something like that, but considering it diverges from the track you are actually dirving on, it's clearly there. Yet in game, that tunnel is not represented. Of course, that one is not that much of a deal. But a completely missing station? That's a bit more worrisome.

I'm still interested in the route, but it seems like an avarage route, I don't see any extra detail that could explain the shorter length. Well, tomorrow's preview stream will let me decide to get it or not.

• Like Like x 7