Out Now Train Sim World 2 - Island Line 2022 : Br Class 484 Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Interesting that the real life livery is seemingly allowed in creators club. I’m sure I saw one yesterday. Although, I quite like the made up one - it hasn’t detracted from the route at all in my opinion.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The hovercrafts are not permanent static objects in real life so even if the plant pots being static has any bearing on the right to copy them that would not apply to the hovercrafts. What the trains and hovercrafts have in common is that they are real life brands and can’t just be copied without permission. You may be permanently bemused and confused by the intricacies and nuances of the myriad different levels of protection things have. I haven’t examined the plant pots to see if they are exactly the same as the protected train liveries but on a quick glance they don’t appear to be. I doubt if the train company has any protection for plant pots that look a bit similar to their trains so I think Rivet and DTG will be safe from the lawyers on that front.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

might have something to do with moving and non moving objects laws on copyright and the fact that the plant pot doesn’t have SWR logo

hovercraft are only static as rivet don’t animate movement, whereas it still a physical fact hovercraft are vehicles, similar how rivet can’t just have a non operating 484 in depot with actual livery

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

However, they were able to put a similar-but-not-quite livery on the trains; surely they could have put a straight un-artisted Union Jack on the hovercraft?

5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I was able to complete the mastery with no problems, but cant activate the "out of service 483" scenery.., just annoying. Since Luzern Sursee, Rivet seems to have huge problems with drivers. Neither the 523 nor the 484 have a driver visible...

TSW2_Meridian_1659196475_00.png

This needs a fix asap. Back when i created the profile i choose a female driver, maybe this causes problems, but never had any issues usually.

6. AtherianKing

im sure it’s the female drivers that’s been said to cause issues in Luzern sursee

• Like Like x 1
  7. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Is it really? hahahahahaha. If DTG remove the female drivers that wouldn't look good with their agenda would it?

8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The problem is the female drivers still in scarecrow mode and why is the female TGV driver still bald?

9. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if its possible to change to male driver without creating a new profile?

Seems to be a new problem. Older dlcs didnt have trouble with invisible characters.

10. AtherianKing

don’t think so, it’s something you chose only when creating a profile