Train Sim World 2 - Now All Summer Long

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

It depends on what DTG wants out of it and how they incorporate it.

I'll use SCSs truck Sims as an example.

Do they want an experience like how TruckersMP is, where there is alot of players, no ai, and chaos in places of high congestion?

Or do they go for the smaller approach like the new Convoy mode is? Which is private lobbies with up to 8 people.

Of course this is still most likely years away from being incorporated to TSW2, if at all.

• Like Like x 3
  2. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Don't know how old you are but the old Total War MP was a laugh, you would get the odd toe rag of course but overall it is good.

3. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Last time I played New Super Mario Bros DS with my mom I can't say I encountered any trolls or jerks during it.:)

But seriously, have you ever used a friends only room or used a password protected room in any game? While I get how some people find it appeal I at least see where you're coming from when you're talking about public rooms. But private rooms are a different story, and there's plenty of games that allow for it, in fact there's quite a few that require you to have someone on your friend list or the like to play its online multiplayer content. Frankly it just seems to me that you have this overly narrow idea of what a online multiplayer game can be.
    Exactly, I can understand why someone doesn't like the idea of a TruckersMP style multiplayer. But I don't see how anyone could have a problem with something smaller scale like Convoy mode as a option. Or perhaps there could be two player scenarios where you and a friend have to work together for a common goal. There's plenty of ways to do a multiplayer mode that wouldn't involve it devolving into a troll haven like with say GTA5.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Multiplayer holds no interest whatsoever for me. I play the game to drive trains, not be a passenger or a guard or anything else

• Like Like x 9
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I too have no real interest in multiplayer, but I'm not averse to trying out different roles such as conductor or dispatcher. I already enjoy traveling as passenger or second man occasionally, in addition to spending time just watching trains come and go.

6. dhekelian

Certain people may have no interest in multi-player but there are many who do and one or two in DTG itself. I wouldn't want a mp that can be abused like so many but there could be 'private' rooms.

I would prefer a co-op myself, like guard mode, it could be a laugh or other scenario's. It would be an interesting addition to the game but as I said before I think it would be a long, long way off.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Rush Hours next generation passengers!

LoL

• Like Like x 5
  8. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

First provide a route from Boston to Providence and London to Brighton. As for Lisa to Dresden, it can be delivered later.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I don't remember that episode of The Simpsons :D

• Like Like x 21
  10. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

Multiplayer, as in each train in front of or passing you being controlled by a real person would be a great idea for one reason: unpredictability.

When you play games with real people you never know exactly what's going to happen and for me that makes it so much more interesting than following a preordained script. Even just watching a train coming the other way making a station stop would be interesting to watch, because the other person may or may not make a good job of it, as opposed to watching the AI stop in the exact same position it always does. You'd never know when you were going to get a red signal because the person in front was driving a little slower as well for example. That's the sort of randomness that makes me play games much more often than when I already know exactly how things are going to go.

12 year olds trying to crash into people might be an issue but not an insurmountable one, you could have virtual railway companies that people sign up to so they can play the game properly with others for example.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

This is the point.

That is the point. You don't need a timetable, rush hour or anything else. It happens by itself. Operating errors, etc., alone affect the flow. Together with the AI it would be perfect. I already wrote a long thread about the MP and the possibility to include a tutorial guide there. Was that from Matt? Requested in the stream 3-4 weeks ago, ideas for the tutorial. Of course, no answer to this day. Whatever - you definitely don't want to include the community. It's not about whether it is accepted and implemented, but about the appreciation of the community, which DTG never shows.

One thinks and DTG like this: Your problem. and on the subject of collision etc. It is easy to remove trains from the lobby that have not been running for 3 minutes, for example, despite departure and a green signal, or to turn them into an AI train, which then continues automatically.

----

Das ist der Punkt.
    Man braucht kein Timetable, kein Rush Hour oder sonstiges.

Es passiert von selbst.
    Bedienungsfehler etc. beeinflussen schon alleine den Fluss.
    Zusmamen mit der KI wäre es Perfekt.

Ich schrieb ja schon einen langen Thread zum MP und die Möglichkeit dort ein Tutorial-Guide mit einzubauen. Das wurde ja von Matt? angefragt im Stream vor 3-4 Wochen, Ideen zum Tutorial. Natürlich bis heute keine Antwort. Wofür auch - man möchte die Community ja keinesfalls mit einbauen. Dabei gehts nicht darum, ob sie angenommen und umgesetzt wird, sondern um die Wertschätzung der Community, die DTG niemals zeigt.
    Man macht sich Gedanken und DTG so: Dein Problem.

und zum Thema Collision etc.
    Es ist ein leichtes das man Züge, die Beispielsweise seit 3 Minuten nicht mehr furehn trotz Abfahr und grünen Sgnal, einfach aus der Lobby zu entfernen oder zu einem KI Zug zu machen, der dann automatisch weiter fährt oder eben "durchfahrbar" wird.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

We'll call the new route "R. to Dresden" ... No, wait ... That's too obvious, let's call it "Riesa to D."

• Like Like x 2
  13. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

From the first episode, you will know which episode you need to be in!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Re. multiplayer - a big must for me. I personally need a bit of randomisation in a sim, if a dynamic dispatcher isn't possible, then multiplayer would enable this. Coupled with a human signaller - that would be brilliant.
    Train sims are severely lacking mp, Run8 and Train Driver 2 have it though, and works well. Not sure why someone out there hasn't enabled it for TS classic, would attract quite a lot of players I would have thought.

• Like Like x 1
  15. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

What? You haven't seen it? God I'm disappointed. It's a classic*. Lisa becomes a train dri- in fact I better not spoil it :D

*No Mr. McFly, not now.

• Like Like x 4
  16. TimoSGD

TimoSGD New Member

We want the full route of Dresden! The disappointment is huge. I have read a lot of messages from players who have completely lost their desire for rush hour because of this disappointing news and who no longer want to buy it because of this. That is more than sad. The only thing we want is the route we were promised. So please keep this promise. You can also bring the route out later or you can bring an update for the full route later. But to simply leave out the best parts of the route is just sad and more than disappointing. Please don't do this to us.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dhekelian

I have sympathy with your plight although it doesn't affect me as I only buy UK routes I would be disappointed if it was an UK route. I think we have to accept it is the bean counters that have the power at DTG and remember the RH update is free it is the routes that cost the money. The only way you will be heard by any of the bean counters if enough of you didn't buy the Routes otherwise be prepared to hear statements like 'we hear you' but ultimately don't go anywhere.

18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

In 3 weeks comes rush hour probably as it what said on the stream

• Like Like x 1
  19. trainsimplayer

The date/time of release was not said on the stream.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. bakedpotatos.jm

I am still sticking with my original assumption of 26th Aug. Just because that is what I have in a pool I am in. Whoever got the right date gets the pot which will cover the season ticket including the increase as we all added in another $3 each after that announcement and enough left over for a loco download. Like the 313.

So if you are right and its the 19th I will be happy still .... but not as happy if it was the 26th.

Either way its win win

• Like Like x 2
  21. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That is basically the date I have put the release at as well Aug 26.

• Like Like x 2
  22. dhekelian

Didn't they say at the end of Stream there was going to be another stream this Tuesday?

• Like Like x 1
  23. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Rushhour now: KEEPING YOU WAITING all summer!

• Like Like x 2
  24. trainsimplayer

Not really funny. They have chosen to delay the routes and spread them out to 'ensure' a higher quality of route.

You, and most of us here, would be complaining if it was rushed, wouldn't you?
    (Same goes to the people who bang on about their predictions like what they say goes.)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  25. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Unlucky mate. Looks like you lost your bet. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  26. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It's look as if I was wrong as well but it's never easy to determine release dates. DTG has surprised us in the past as well.

• Like Like x 1
  27. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I see DTG haven't acted on all the negative feedback and are continuing to press on as if no one is complaining...

• Like Like x 2
  28. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

What were you realistically expecting?

Considering how much power the "bean counters" wield and budgets are set, nothing was going to change with a release imminent.

Also, when their own PR people (community managers) have on multiple occasions publicly said "If you don't like it, don’t buy it", do you really believe that is an attitude of a company that listens?

• Like Like x 9
  29. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

I didn't necessarily expect the branches to be reinstated, but I certainly hoped for it. Since the only part of the old NEC I liked was specific to the New York area, and Riesa-Dresden has lost its main selling point, I will be following DTG's advice not to buy it. If DTG want my money, they know how to get it...

• Like Like x 6
  30. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

I've noticed that as well as showing miles driven it now also shows miles walked, Now I must have walked about 300 miles on GWE so far. What I want to ask is when the game gets updated and a load up that route will the counter show the distance walked to date or will the counter start at Zero?

• Like Like x 1
  31. bakedpotatos.jm

I did but at least it comes out a week earlier than I was thinking.

So still a win

• Like Like x 1
  32. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Ironically that's now how long we have to wait for the update for PS4 users

• Like Like x 1