Train Sim World 2: Raildriver Support

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 17, 2020.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I've not noticed it getting stuck and have used it. I've not used it heaps because Germans tend not to use it much.

2. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

There are a couple of other issues with the 423. The PZB buttons are incorrectly placed so that the acknowledge is on the left hand side while the Brefehl 40 is on the right, unlike the real arrangement. The alerter button also activates the PZB Acknowledge.

3. paul.pavlinovich

The one consistency with rail driver buttons is inconsistency in TSW2 :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I've made a couple of runs with the 423. Haven't had any major problems, quite an easy drive, as are emu's in general. Just had a minor problem with the wipers going out, strangely enough, one time couldn't restart them, had to resume a save. RD works fine with this train.

• Like Like x 1
  5. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

Has anyone tried using a RailDriver with the Microsoft Store PC version of TSW2? I'm primarily an Xbox player, but also have a PC, and I have TSW2 installed and it runs fine on my ageing PC. I'd prefer to keep buying DLC for Xbox, but I'd also like to use a RailDriver, so if it worked on the Microsoft Store PC version, that would be perfect for me (since DLC carries over between Xbox and Microsoft Store). My assumption is that it will work, since the PC version of the game on Microsoft Store behaves like the PC version of the game on Steam/Epic (has all the PC quirks/features exclusive to PC, not console/Xbox).

• Like Like x 1
  6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

RailDriver will work with PC independent from the TSW2 version (Steam, Epic, MS) used.

What would be interesting: Can you plug the RailDriver in the XBOX and will it work this way around? Just curious, maybe you give this a try when you get your RD unit for PC?

7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Raildriver will not work with consoles because it requires a compatible Windows OS. The OS on XBOX is a version of Windows which is not compatible. However, if your dlc installs on a Windows PC and you use a USB port, it should work.

Note, however, that, officially, RD is supported only on Windows 10 (11) for TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. paul.pavlinovich

You never know your luck, it would depend how much of the windows driver system Xbox supports.
    Edit: It would also depend if the Xbox build has the game components needed for it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DennyG

DennyG Member

10. DennyG

DennyG Member

Hello, i like the RailDriver Desktop. But it needs for TrainSim World an invert function like the original Raildriver-Software.
    Please look like here:

raildriver_invert_function.png

Thank you for reading :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. paul.pavlinovich

It might be helpful in promoting your cause to mention how having inversion would help your game immersion i.e. why it would be better for you to be able to play using these functions.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  12. DennyG

DennyG Member

Well, it's so simple.

In the game itself you can see that if you push the lever in the driver's cab of the red DB double-wagon forward, the train will move. If you then pull the lever back, the train slows down or reduces power.

Unfortunately, the RailDriver does exactly the opposite.

Lever forward brake, pull backward is pick up speed, increase power..

It's the wrong world. It's like driving in the right hand lane in England instead of the left...

But I no longer believe that DTG will implement this simple function... It's a pity what has become of TSW2... What was initially well thought out is becoming increasingly worse due to updates, which seem to bring more disadvantages than advantages...

To give an example: why do you get thrown out of the driver's seat. when you reach your destination in timetable mode? Is the lure leader in England also thrown out of the lure when he has reached his destination? So what's with this witty nonsense?

It would be nice if DTG would just try harder again. :-(

• Like Like x 3
  13. paul.pavlinovich

It was a conscious decision to make the levers work this way so its the same for every train to aid with muscle memory and yes its a little counter intuitive at first when compared to what is happening with the controls you can see.

What do you mean the driver is thrown out of the seat? The run ends and you get the summary/medal screen, but you can continue in free roam if you want to and wander off to drive something else.

Paul

14. DennyG

DennyG Member

before the rush hour update, you could get out of the driver's seat yourself. Now you will be thrown from your seat :-D
    Of course you can drive another train. But it's still not the fine English way!

best regrards,
    Denny

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

I am trying to use Raildriver with TSW 2 but after calibrating twice I am still not getting any response with any trains in game, are the older versions incompatible with TSW 2? How do I get the drivers for it to work with TSW 2?

16. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

Which trains are you trying to use? Not all the trains are supported yet (particularly some of the preserved collection)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

I got it working now. Turns out it doesn't work in a USB 3.0, only USB 2.0.

• Like Like x 1
  18. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Denny G I think asked the right question - why, when there is so much obsession with controls working correctly, do DTG make a counter-intuitive decision to have some levers work counter to real life - or why do they not include the inversion option - not a major change and almost universal in calibration routines - but then why do all the other minor changes not get done?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Philbo

Philbo New Member

How wrong your comment turned out to be. No API in 3rd quarter 2023 and RD still as buggy as ever . . but with more wrong buttons on more trains.

• Like Like x 1