Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 08/03/2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The problem is, it doesn’t matter how people feel. As long as everyone keeps buying, why should DTG change anything? Sales numbers are the only thing that matters in the end, that is the sad reality, and all these issues seem to not affect them too much, so there is no motivation for change, just smile everything away :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I gave up on change a long time ago. I just accept the game as it is and if there is a route that looks fun I'll get it.

But I have to be honest I really got tired of all the misinformation and false hope they give us on the streams I've stopped watching them unless its a route/loco preview or DLC release. Even then I watch it on mute. They have talked about the Xbox sound issues for over a year and what they believe needs to be done..and still the dedicated engineer is only at the concept stage? Playstation profile moves from 8th to 9th Gen. We are getting pretty close to a year for that. And doesn't sound any closer to fixing the 64GB limit on PS either.

So in order to enjoy the game anymore I have the same take it or leave it mentality they used to preach. And I probably only play a quarter of the time I used to back in November. About 3 hours a week now.

It is what it is.

• Like Like x 5
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As I always do in these situations, several things you need to remember about DTG…

1. There is at least a tenuous link to the EA mindset.

2. These are the people who put out Flight Sim World as early access, even sent a marketing person to one of the big flight sim events in the US to tell the community how wonderful it would be, then promptly pulled the plug on a half finished product but sufficiently done they could keep hold of the money.

I like TSW as a product, but DTG are a bit as Saruman described Wormtongue at the end of Return Of The King, “Not really nice…”

• Like Like x 5
  4. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Oh I completely agree, what I was getting at was if DTG want to see their sales stay at the same level or even increase they should take note of how people are responding in threads like this one. I don't think DTG are a big enough company to just ignore what is being said, if they think that they are deluded.

What they should do imo is release these pres updates and start flushing out routes with Loco DLC. People want to see more Loco's on their routes. But I'll tell you what will happen, DTG will say in a stream that they are listening like they always do. To me we have to see some action or sales will be (are) affected. As OldVern says I think DTG are using EA's mindset but they haven't the clout EA have got.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

who update roadmap ??

6. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I have just bought Nahverkehr Dresden, which is a great route!

But I can not go to Dresden Hbf with the ICE, due to the game crashes near that station!
    I repeated it 3 times, at different hours - in order to have less traffic around- and I even check how many trains are there, ( just one or 2 small ones). Even the last time I only kept the view from the cab - which usually it requires less memory - but unfortunately all times crashed!

The strange thing is, if I made the opposite route, -starting at Dresden Hbf-, it does not matter how many trains are there - including long freight trains, DB 101 + IC, etc- , there is no problem at all.
    May be it is because it is just starting so the memory it has more free areas, not causing crashes. Just speculating..

Similar situation I suffered on Munich - Augsburg on Munich HBF.
    But on this one - which is "famous" to have heavy demand of the computer resources - I could finish without crashing.

I mentioned this, related with what was mentioned above... things are like that now, and you do not have any other option to accept them, unfortunately.

May be as DTG mentioned is working on improving performance of the game, this can be solved in the future.
    I hopes so!

I am on PS4.

7. dhekelian

Where?

8. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

If you read the last roadmap properly, you will know that Dovetail said the roadmap is now Monthly. As quoted from the last roadmap:

"This will be the last fortnightly Roadmap and going forward they will be changing to a monthly update. We intend to provide the community with a more in depth look into the development of our projects, as we have started to do with this Roadmap article. In order to do so, we will be using this extra time to gather information from our development teams and gathering more exciting content for you, such as interviews, videos, screenshots, and more."

Which date in the month exactly can we expect the roadmap is anyone's guess

• Like Like x 1
  9. dhekelian

This monthly change does seem to me a way for DTG to avoid questions and feedback given that since they made that announcement there has been no Q&A streams.

I said before that moving to a monthly Roadmap is OK but surely there has to be a stream where feedback to the game is given and hosted by Sam. imo it would prove to be a hit. I've tended to switch off from watching streams now, I used to watch them all, even for routes I am not interested in by now DTG seems only to want to advertise and not answer any feedback plus have been boring.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

Just a comment on the Roadmap updates from my perspective.

I'm interested in perhaps one item, so I no longer watch them, because ~90% of the items covered are not relevant to me. I find it frustrating that the YouTube videos do not have chapters, which would allow me to go straight to the item that I want.

• Like Like x 7
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That probably has to do with the fact that the videos are just simply live streams

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

Thank you fine

13. dhekelian

Even though Tallboy said they are just live streams, I can't watch them live so I watch them on my TV youtube much later, I find it annoying they couldn't trim down the first 10 minutes of the stream where it is waiting for the stream to start. So you have to muck about with the remote to fast forward it, not easy when you have a Dog who is a master thief.

14. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Except then the chat would be 10 minutes behind the stream. Not sure there's any way to edit that.

15. dhekelian

Even if they edited the finished video? Couldn't they trim the chat to sit as well? I'm not very good with editing, I thought it would be just one file that is shown on youtube and was going by other streamers who manage to do it. My bad if it isn't as easy as that.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I'm kind of assuming too, honestly. I'm pretty sure I remember watching an older DTG stream that had the opening wait cut off, and the chat was untouched. YT's stream guide page does say that using its own editor to clip a movie disables the chat replay entirely.

I know that when I download YT videos to watch later, getting the chat as well is not an option.

At least having that pause at the beginning gives me a chance to lower the volume from the default of maximum before anything starts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Well, I actually like Wormtongue as he is... but this point is valid about DTG.
    They do have passion, but money is clearly more important than reputation or quality...

About Roadmaps I don't care they are actually monthly, those last one were too empy to be needed too often...

• Like Like x 1
  18. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Some recent roadmaps are hour long apologies

• Like Like x 2
  19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I really do hope we will see more updates and longer update notes, now that it by monthly instead of bi-weekly. As well as more new core features in-game and the upcoming DLC, loco, Routes, and other things. Hopefully, it's the roadmap it's not to just showcase they're Behind the Scene Only, or that will be a waste of roadmap space.

20. dhekelian

I think we can be sure now the monthly roadmap is an ideal way of DTG getting out of answering questions from the public and from what I have seen on other games forums when the devs start to back off even more the players don't like it.

Having a monthly Roadmap is fine if that is what they want but there has to be some interaction where the players can have a say and getting answers, imo.

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

I wouldn't be surprised if the next one will be another apology stream.

• Like Like x 2
  22. dhekelian

Must say, I was a little disappointed with Sam not being the host on tomorrow's stream. I think he has more idea where we are coming from.

• Like Like x 1
  23. tallboy7648

Sam isn't community manager anymore. Nat does a good job in my opinion :)

• Like Like x 2
  24. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

We will see Sam sometimes but not much as before. He focussen on the game for beginners and tutorials etc now & Nat really does it great! JD and Jamie too obviously! I think its not easy to start as an rookie in this community, but they're really doing their best!

• Like Like x 2
  25. dhekelian

Yeah but I just don't think Nat is involved enough in the community to truly do a good enough job. I think she has potential to be as good as Sam but it is all potential. For me, I'd like Sam there getting stuck in. I do like Nat but Sam is a cut above imo at this moment in time anyway, shame he has moved on.

Still, let's hope she proves me wrong? I'm up for that.

• Like Like x 1