Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 30/11/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Nov 30, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Running the 20thCL just to White Plains would be rather a waste. Sort of like the Class 52 on West Somerset.

2. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

But out of Grand Central it wouldn't.

3. Lords_75

Lords_75 Member

completely different safety systems

• Like Like x 2
  4. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I think I'm done with TSW2. I bought the game cause of GWE and then I bought the RD cause it was promised to the 166 and HST and I have been waiting patiently for the updates ever since and now we are told they are done but won't be coming untill 2022.

So if that is correct TrainSim-Matt that has just killed the game for me, no enthusiasm left. I've met some brilliant people here but time to move on, i'll wait for confirmation then I can move on to spending my money on to something I can enjoy now, lesson learnt I think. Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  5. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

Are you going to sort out the problem with the br 363 senarios?

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG haven't said they GWE updates are done, they've said that GWE preservation sweep is upcoming
    A couple of roadmaps ago Adam said that the preservation team were going to be changing from "Route based preservation updates" to "type change preservation updates", but this roadmap looks the same as the old ones did
    Personally I think the preservation crew's work is definitely a sideline to the usual Dovetail flywheel where the next paid DLC is what matters to those who control the release schedule, and rather than understanding the value of making their product work and allow at least one output slot every couple of months for this, it's all "get the next DLC out!"

• Like Like x 1
  7. dhekelian

Adam did say a few weeks ago that all preserved routes bar 6 had been done and are awaiting release and implied the GWE was one of them but even if I'm reading that wrong that means it will be even longer, I have no patience left.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I am used to delays for this game now and should be expected. Am waiting for GWE preservation update as well since I play it a lot but it is what it is. Let's just hope it's moves up before the year ends which I doubt it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget to fix the achievements/trophies there are seven now that are unobtainable or unlockable. Now that won’t mean much to some, which is absolutely fine, but I for one like to clean up. And now I can’t.

10. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

What achievements are broken now?

11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

For a start, LBN has two posters missing from Reigate (probably due to the changed buildings) which means that the collectables achievement can’t be completed.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

The problem isn't that we are waiting for the preservation routes to move up the roadmap but rather that they get to upcoming and then stay there. Why, because the Q&A team can't be bothered to test them. Adam basically alluded to that when he said the individual elements which require little testing might get through early next year. The real fixes though will just be parked indefinitely

However, I am sure that the RhB Anniversary Collection, that not one single person was asking for, will go right to the top of the testing tree as it has monetary value against it

Mind you as this is being devoloped by Rivet, the people that buys this crap will probably have to wait for the Anniversary Collections 1st anniversary for the certain bug to be fixed that the Q&A team conveniently will just wave through because of the 'ching ching'

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. dhekelian

Perhaps everyone waiting for the preservation routes (especially GWE) should stop buying any DLC untill it gets released, I have. And with all the bugs still outstanding across all the platforms that are still present from the 4.26 update, Brighton and all the others it might make a certain department at DTG get their fingers out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Got around to watching Tuesday's roadmap stream last night, deary me what a disappointment to hear that the NTP and GWE stock won't be available in livery editor when released and probably no timetable additions either.

I was looking forward to repainting the 47 into large logo, repaint the DMU to all Blue, have some named 45's and 47's with the Mk2 stock redone in Transpennine Express livery as was back in the day, was also hoping to repaint the freight wagons on GWE to have branding.

• Like Like x 5
  15. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

Well, now there are seven unobtainable/ununlockable achievements:
    1. LBN: Gull Up
    2. BR 187: A Long First Trip
    3. DRA: Dresden Commuter
    4. CCL: Right Round
    5. CCL: Getting Dizzy
    6. CCL: 314 Master
    7. OSD: Master Class

These are also listed on the TrueAchievements website.

• Like Like x 2
  16. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I was hoping for class 31 services on ntp. Maybe they plan more loco dlcs which take the layer space, who knows...

Im looking forward to the old school pis, those yellow orange boxes, looking like DOS computers.

Adam mentioned on a stream a while ago that they will work after the update

• Like Like x 1
  17. dhekelian

Trouble is that Adam does all this good work and making the game worth playable again but someone at DTG thinks we should not have these fixes and updates. It is like they want to force us to buy only the newer routes and forget about the older stuff. I'm not playing DTG's game, I refuse to buy any DLC untill GWE gets updated with at least RD support.

I may only buy the UK stuff but have saved myself quite a bit in money and quite a lot in frustration not playing the game either.

• Like Like x 1