Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 7th June 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 7, 2022.

1. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this could change though....

• Like Like x 1
  2. simontreanor81

I hope it's not the 484 as this doesn't add much - just a third way of doing the same services. Ideally it'd be something that can add other service types or more variety to West Cornwall or Cathcart, e.g. one of

Class 303
    Class 318
    Class 320
    Class 334

Class 156
    Class 158
    Class 159
    Class 170

Air conditioned Mk2s
    IC Swallow HST
    Voyager

Many of these could also enhance other routes. I've left out freight locos because we're reasonably well-served in the UK (not that there's not a lot more it'd be nice to see)

• Like Like x 3
  3. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

You have to wonder if it’s a whole Microsoft issue I’ve also noticed jackhammer when playing gta online even on the newer S/X edition

4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Just one problem if it is a sprinter look at the mess of the class 150/2 on west Cornwall that’s not even been anywhere near corrected

• Like Like x 1
  5. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

If it is a Microsoft issue why is fixing it on the roadmap of DTG?

• Like Like x 2
  6. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We'll refine the structure as we go through - to be honest, I'd earmarked about 10 mins for Steam and 10 for Preservation Crew, but both sections took longer than I expected - possibly because we tried to use those sections to cover things we'd be asked anyway. The Q&A is important, and for next time I'll try to remember to include a thread beforehand. We will not get to answer everything though.

Imperial/metric is something I've never really considered before, but I'll do my best to remember in future.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's a known issue with the audio codec that microsoft used originally on the xbox OS, but Microsoft then moved to a different codec which doesn't have the issue and that's their "fix". Of course they didn't remove the original codec because that would break things, but didn't update it to not have this problem because, well they had "their fix" (typical Microsoft really)

Why is it on the DTG roadmap? Because their software has a problem (whether caused by them or not) and work needs to be done to rectify it, hence a "roadmap of the fix"

8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yes my thoughts about the intermodals. Like it runs in from the top above Harrow and Wealdstone comes to Wembley yard stays there a few minutes the runs round waits a bit longer then departs. Providing they have portals and the lines are signalled. Also for people that have spirit of steam perhaps the odd random steam tour up the WCML at the Euston Portals (Queens Park end if they have them), or the heritage diesel Tours running. It would be interesting to see. It going to be a good couple of months even with out too much DLC. There is a 313 also in Silverlink livery on Creators Club.
    The southern end of the WCML from Euston to plus 50 - 60 miles north would be an ideal route. With in terms of playability. Like I say an interesting few months.

Hentis

9. antwerpcentral

But that's my point. I don't like Microsoft products for that reason. I never have let Microsoft into my recording studio because they don't use industry standards. But this is clearly not a Microsoft issue as DTG chose to work with Microsoft products. They should be used to this by now and be prepared for these things.

I know it takes some time to convert an entire library of sounds to a new codec but it isn't that hard. It can be automised and shouldn't take months. Hearing now they even aren't considering anymore to convert the entire library so it works without flaws on Xbox is a slap in the face for everyone owning TSW2 and an Xbox. They are not taking the platform seriously.

All this talk about gen9 but when it comes down to gen9 they rely on gen8 solutions? I'm sorry but that is just unacceptable

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. johncoaltrain

johncoaltrain Member

Interesting to hear that there’s some Horseshoe Curve improvements in the works. Are there any plans to look at the ES44AC dynamic braking at all?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

If this new Rivet loco add-on is indeed the Class 484, as seems to be the general consensus amongst a number of people on the forum, then I will be somewhat disappointed. We will have a version of the line from around 2019-20ish and our two choices of trains will be an NSE 483, a train in a livery too old for the version of the route we have and the 484 which was introduced to the line following significant modifications simply to allow the new trains to fit.

Diesel Legends was one thing, older trains running on a modern route, it definitely had a mixed reception on the forums but it has its fun in its own way, but adding a train which doesn't even physically fit on the route would be completely illogical unless Rivet intends on rebuilding the route for the 484. If they really are intent on the 484 though I sincerely hope this will come as part of a separate timetable and that if the route is in fact modified for the 484 that both versions will remain available.

That being said I seem to recall that the NSE livery for the 483 was chosen because (correct me if I am wrong) of a licensing roadblock with South Western, perhaps this is a sign that hurdle has been overcome and perhaps opens the door for future SWR add-ons.

To be honest, I would be very surprised if they did decide on the 484. In my opinion, the Isle of Wight is right at the bottom of the list for British Routes routes that need new rolling stock of some description or another. To me, it would be a wasted opportunity to go for the 484 when so many routes including Rivet's own WCL would get a real boost from a loco add-on, especially when they have been so lacking recently from a first-party front.

In all, I hope the 484 'leak' wasn't genuine but as it stands we only have evidence pointing to that and not anything else. If it is true, then I can't see myself buying it sadly, I barely play IoW, in fact, I can't remember the last time I played it and the 484 won't change that for me, it's just not my thing.

• Like Like x 10
  12. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

FYI, Patch Notes, featuring initial SoS improvements, and fixes for some of the issues coming from last week's Pres Crew updates are live.

Full list available here.

• Like Like x 7
  13. orb

orb Well-Known Member

I would call it rather working around the problem that is on Microsoft's side and not fixing their bug.

14. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Im not really having a problem with the 484 itself. I play iow from time to time when i want a more quiet driving ambiente on a rainy day ;).

Right now we dont know its that, on the leak stream there is also a folder inside the panel screen called "442 buttons". This could be just a part of the flirt sursee route or also mean something about the class 442.

So my interest will be, if the new loco indeed is for iow, how their solution is to the route. Its not just platform height, also brading got additional track for a loop.
    Going the extra mile here could bring fresh air into iow. Also we would have a premiere with first location in more than one time period.

Shouldnt really be too difficult to adjust platforms and add the few tracks. Will see..

• Like Like x 1
  15. antwerpcentral

It's not a bug. They changed to a different "format".

This is something that is already going on as long as I remember. A friend musician was a Microsoft user and he already ran into this problem in the nineties. Converting your audio library to a new codec regularly is the way of working with Microsoft audio, it's not a bug

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tank621

In practical terms it seems like it's effectively the same technical challenge as a route extension, so who knows really

17. meridian#2659

Might be, but compared to an extension the timetable is new and both routes would be independend from each other.

So we would have the iow now, with the class 483, then a "iow 2021" as a new route selectable with the 484 and a new timetable. And maybe in the feature we might see a steam version in a earlier era.

In my opinion just dropping the 484 on the existing route would be kind of halfhearted.

I mean the scenery is all the same. So the changes would affect platform height, a bit of new tracks and maybe resignalling.

This is a really short route, taking all tracks just from sos crewe, you can drive both directions from the lenght ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Is DTG planning to bring back the services that disappeared from the HRR timetable after the preservation update? Bochum - Duisburg and Duisburg - Bochum services with the BR 425. I can confirm they are still missing after today’s patch. Only the services Essen - Duisburg and Duisburg - Essen are still there.

Just tagging TrainSim-Adam to make sure the team is aware of this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. meridian#2659

Are the services missing in the timetable menu or are they completly gone ingame?

20. Tank621

I think a lot of folks feel that Rivets UK releases have missed the mark, a lot of their content has really good elements such as the modelling of the 150 visually, which is considered to be pretty good and their work with DTG on the scenery Cathcart Circle produced some great results.

What I'm hoping is that whatever the new loco add-on will be, focusing on the one train and nothing else will really let them take the time to get it right. With DTG working more closely with third parties, I think an add-on with limited scope is the perfect opportunity to prove to us and maybe even themselves that they have gotten to grips with TSW2 and really push to offer a better quality train than any of previous UK trains.

I know I'm not particularly interested in what appears for now to be the most likely train for the pack but I will keep an eye on the reception for it to see whether Rivet have stepped up or are still struggling to find their feet somewhat.

• Like Like x 3
  21. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I don't think Rivet are quite the pariahs they are made out to be, the new route is on my wishlist as it looks very nice. However WCL was very disappointing. I wonder if there was any close working together with the two companies when the class 150/2 physics were being compiled as they did shoot themselves in the foot with that one.

The IOW route was very nice but to be honest if the new Rivet release is a class 484 I won't be particularly interested as I find the IOW is a bit boring after a couple of runs and I just tend to visit it occassionally.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I believe the trains are running on the route, but without PIS because the services are missing in timetable mode.

23. Tank621

If I'm remembering the order of things correctly the announcement that the Preservation Crew would be working closely with third parties to share their expertise was made after the release of WCL, though I could be wrong.

Aside from that, I definitely agree with you Rivet have their strengths and have shown some promising growth, yes they have more to learn but on the whole I think they do have the potential to make some really outstanding stuff as they grow in confidence and experience.

• Like Like x 1
  24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fact that the train would only be usable on one short little route that most players can't be bothered to buy in the first place.

[Removed abbreviated cursing], why not a 700?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  25. theorganist

When I was pondering to myself as I tend to do (the cat doesn't listen) as to what this new release might be, I did think it would likely be a class 700 or and EMU for Cathcart. It was either that or maybe something for the WCL like a class 122 bubble car for instance for the St. Ives branch. But alas it seems not.

• Like Like x 2
  26. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

that bug are just for some people like the issue i had with the BP depot service's missing

27. Tank621

There are so many good options for loco add-ons, and a fair few that would be great for multiple routes, I know we both would very much like to see more older diesel units and WCL is one very obvious home for them and I think would benefit far more from a loco add-on than IOW.

• Like Like x 1
  28. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

I agree that Rivet better do not make the Class 700 (bugs & etc...) but with the sounds atleast on the RABe 523 they we're almost on-point on that train so sound wise they improved definitly

29. theorganist

Yes I am in full agreement there. The St. Ives branch saw quite a motley collection of first generation DMU's at the end of their operation in Cornwall. There were the class 122's, class 117's in NSE, Blue/Grey and Chocolate and Cream.

I won't get WCL whilst those layers are on it though, although I don't mind the class 101 as Laira still had a couple in the early 90's.

• Like Like x 3
  30. theorganist

Maybe the phsics for the EMU will be a lot less complicated than that of the class 150 though.

• Like Like x 1
  31. solicitr

The RABe got the physics as well as the sounds pretty decently. It seems that Rivet's Achilles heel is diesel-hydraulic transmissions.

• Like Like x 1
  32. PAFC47760

PAFC47760 Member

Need to sort the issue getting out of Bashford hall 0818 freight never make it to the mainline cause the AI spad

33. simontreanor81

Yeah, if nothing else, the activation of the mainline tracks would be a start, and if more WCML-esque rolling stock comes out in future then the route is ready. I've always thought the following the WCML is the Bakerloo line's most interesting feature, and it's a shame that it's so dead at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  34. solicitr

I suppose the issue is whether the WCML at present is actual "track" as a game asset, as opposed to purely graphical dummy track. If the latter, it would all have to be relaid from scratch.

35. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

All tracks on the bakerloo line are real and useable Tracks, so are the WCML Tracks. As i said somewhere else, the only real fake track in TSW is on the upper Level of Leipzig Hbf.
    Everywhere else, even if its inaccessible, its real track which can be used eventually

• Like Like x 2
  36. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Ou alors le london overground avec la class 710 de harrow and wealdstone et kensal green ou queens park

37. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if we’ll see a “new UK route” on the next roadmap which then means we’ve got three routes due out which could be the “Summer update” bundle…?

Just a wild guess, I could be wrong but given Rush Hour was initially leaked early and then cuts and additions were undertaken after the official announcement, is the reason why we’ve heard nothing more than “new German/US route” due to last years issues..

• Like Like x 3
  38. ARuscoe

Rush Hour wasn't leaked. They made a video about it to coincide with their railfest event in the late Spring, at the same time they announced spirit of steam

39. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

TBF many here on the forums do it as a matter of course and places like youtube etc. Living in the UK we do it all the time, I just thought it a basic courtesy.

If it was the 121 I'd be happy or the 117/119. There is the deltic and other iconic diesels that would have been great to see. I do have the IOW route and like it although things like the sea really let it down. If the 484 is done with a few scenery updates then OK.

I don't know the sales figures for IOW but I would of thought they could of had a better impact with an iconic diesel or DMU.

40. RichGWR22

RichGWR22 Member

Can not wait to play on GWE again. but i think there is an error with the pis in this picture as it says 10 coaches for a Great Malvern service.[​IMG]

41. theorganist

It also says "work in progress"!

Maybe it is an HST and it has incorrectly counted the power cars as well.

• Like Like x 3
  42. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I clearly remember a post on FB showing the three trains which featured in Rush Hour, it was a Sunday morning. DTG don’t announce things on a Sunday morning.

• Like Like x 1
  43. ARuscoe

Rush Hour itself was announced weeks earlier, even if the specifics of it weren't known until the "2022 bundle" was posted. Not sure if that counts as a leak when the package was already public knowledge

44. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Yea, rush was announced before the leak but only by name and how you have to fight to stick to time and signals was only info at time, by the name it was suspected to be more along the lines of very busy subway kind of routes but turned out to be quite a bit different to that

• Like Like x 1
  45. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Given the images were out on an unofficial page before DTG released them. That’s a leak imo. Plenty of people on here were talking about the leak too.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/may-4th.39649/

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/rush-hour-leak.39655/

Anyway, back to the main point of my initial post. I have a feel that if we get a new UK route announced then it could make the trio of routes for the “summer update”.

46. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

hopefully the patches for the other achievements coming soon

47. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

What's your opinion on the option of having the non-pantograph version of the 377 considering it's just AI, forgetting realism for the moment (kind of similar to scenario planner).

In this context it wouldn't bother me considering they'd only be AI, and only be seen on a short section of the route - I'd like to see more AI services. Plus, with the MK services present on London Commuter already, it does feel like they should be included as an option for players if they wish.

48. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Hi Nielsen ,

Can you confirm if this is still an issue? and can anyone else confirm?

I've just checked the source timetable and it's all there, and if i check in my dev build those services are all there too.

I'm showing 71 services for the 425, including RE11 Duisburg/Bochum services alongside RB33.

Thanks
    Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  49. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

Really? The class 150 was a disaster. I’m scared if it’s s 700.

• Like Like x 2
  50. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Or a 484. I wonder if they will beat DTG’s TS version of the 700?