Train Sim World 2 Roadmap

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I'm glad we have this roadmap. Gives us an idea of what to expect from the game in the foreseeable future.

I must confess however that I don't care for about 75% of what's actually on there. I have a very limited interest in trains outside the UK, and even less interest outside of Europe, so I guess it's mostly personal. Hopefully those routes will satisfy folks who are interested in them though.

Having said that, I'm surprised at how much I've enjoyed driving on the Koln- Aachen route on TSW2. I love driving at high speeds on the line, so the prospect of a TGV route actually has me quite excited. Hopefully it'll be faster than Koln- Aachen, 155mph is great, but it's disappointing that you have to hold back the racehorses you drive on it. How fast is the Marseille- Avignon route?

The only thing on the roadmap that I'd go so far as to say disappoints me is how long it'll likely take for the Great Western Express route to make it to the preserved collection. Having traversed it countless times in real life, it's by far the route I'm most attached to. My playtime on it probably exceeds that of all other routes put together. I just hope they remember to include AWS and DSD functionality on the trains. I don't know if it's a bug or if they simply forgot, but the Class 377s on the preserved East Coastway route don't have the option to play with them enabled like in the previous game. For me, playing without those two features isn't as immersive and therefore isn't as fun, so if they forget to include them for the HSTs and 166s then I won't be leaving TSW2020 behind any time soon, despite how much DTG may want me to.

• Like Like x 3
  2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

They don't have Tri-Rail licensing, and we know this because of the unbranded "Miami commuter rail" DLC in TS.
    Yeah, slightly radioactive trains! Moab, the end of the line, was once one of the largest uranium mining areas in the world, apparently. Now, there's a cleanup project in the works that involves transporting uranium tailings from the cleanup site to a storage facility on the other end of the route (right where the branch joins the main). Here's an image of the loading process in Moab, and, yes, if you look closely, there is a little radioactive symbol on the side of each container (it's... not very high-res, though, sorry about that I just googled it).
    [​IMG]

I agree, Sherman Hill would be great for TSW, but, uh... one small detail, DTG isn't making this, Skyhook Games is. Don't blame DTG!
    (Also, for Sherman Hill, one would probably expect a new AC loco like an SD70MAC or something, and Skyhook probably wants to avoid making a whole new locomotive for this)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Skyhook made that choice. Talk to them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Yeah, it's their first route, they probably aren't ready to make a loco yet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Which to me is funny, as they are planning to make their first loco in a different country (the DB BR 187). But I also know they haven't made a new US loco for the Monroe Sub route from TS1 either.

But no matter what Cane Creek is gonna be like, at least this will be the first time to have a UP freight only route. And a desert/canyon scenery in the US (as well as another US western route).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

AWS and DSD still work for me in TSW2 on the 377.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ronaldix

ronaldix Active Member

Between Marseille and Avignon, the TGV goes up to 320 kph (199 mph).

• Like Like x 3
  8. james64

Wait really? Do you still activate it in the same way as the previous game? I try to and when I hover the cursor over the switches to turn them on no prompt comes up.

I'm playing on PS4, if it's relevant.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I'm on xbox and turn them on via switches on the second man's side. For me the prompts come up as they did in TSW2020.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

Awesome looking roadmap, especially the high speed!

• Like Like x 4
  11. james64

Ahh that might be it. I'm trying the switches located behind the driver's seat. I'll give it a shot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

7A5704F2-DEAF-4D53-B2E4-9382CC8D1490.jpeg Hopefully they add the IC 2 soon to the Roadmap as Loco DLC for Rhein Ruhr Osten from Hagen to Wuppertal to make it accurate

• Like Like x 6
  13. james64

I can't believe how stupid I am. As soon as I went over to the secondman side I remembered how to activate them. I was getting mixed up with the 166 switches...

Thanks for the help Northerner lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

SO????

• Like Like x 4
  15. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'll cover it on the stream this evening...

• Like Like x 12
  16. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

And for those who don't or can't watch the stream?

• Like Like x 2
  17. DTG Protagonist

I'll repost it afterwards.

• Like Like x 7
  18. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

But they didn't talk about the formula

• Like Like x 1
  20. DTG Protagonist

We didn't get to it - Adam had more to say for himself than expected.

ETA for the formula release, around 10 mins (announcements forum).

• Like Like x 1
  21. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

No problems thanks for the reply

• Like Like x 1
  22. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I read Hamburg to Lübeck on the Road Map and saw that on TS they also had a S-Bahn Add on as Expansion for this Route so it want be amazing to include all S-Bahn Trains including the brandnew BR 490 8E7FD719-55E6-4609-A747-D3BE8B49807D.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  23. raildan

Wow, the "code" is... certainly flexible, heh

The traction type specifically seems uhh... quite expansive, given how many options on there have never even run. Some appear to be forward-thinking, such as the inclusion of hydrogen powered stuff, which I'm sure will come in quite useful after a decade is passed and you need a new number for the era code, but... something tells me it's unlikely we'll ever see an "N" for anything but the region ;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. LativaBoy

LativaBoy Active Member

im very excited for Isle of Wight, Cane Creek, and Arosa Line!

• Like Like x 1
  25. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Oohh, I forgot about Arosa Line. It's nice to have get some Swiss action at some point

• Like Like x 1
  26. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

There are many interesting and nice routes and trains over the world.
    It will be interesting when TSW 15 will be similar to MS flight sim 2020 with all the routes and locos...
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  27. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Searched but couldn't find if this had been answered before.

With Great Western Express, will it include all the services currently available on the console versions? Will you finally be adding in the Greenford branch line services, that were removed originally from the console version due to issues with memory?

Also will you be adding in some cheeky GWR Class 387's with the update?

Personally looking forward to getting some Class 37/47 action going on with the Scenario planner. Anyone for the Night Riviera service?

• Like Like x 3
  28. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...by the way FS 2020: yesterday I flew over the San Francisco Bay Area and followed the Peninsula Corridor route. With the use of photogrammetry you can even see the Caltrain F-40PH locos standing in SF 4th & King Station. But almost every building from the satellite imagery (I think they use Bing Maps) is also to find on the TSW route, sometimes not one hundred percent accurate, but it's there. So it's more a praise for TSW than for the Flight Simulator, because everything in TSW has to be placed by hand. All in all It's a very interesting combination between these two games, because to see your favourite routes from 2000 feet above ground also makes fun.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They work for me.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Anthony Pecoraro

The route can't support electric trains without "off the rails" mode.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It can, as the wires are in place between London and Maidenhead on the route. They just need "energising".

• Like Like x 2
  32. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Actually it's a bit more work than that, they're just scenery assets and functionally useful. And then the whole route is set in the GWR diesel era (I think all the signs on the stations are in FGW colours currently in TSW).

• Like Like x 2
  33. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

So if the stations are in FGW, why is the rolling stock in the new livery? #askingforafriend

I believe Matt P said a long time ago that they are capable of adding electric trains to the route, just wasn't sure they had the license available to do that (well now they have the 377 one, you could in theory add them).

• Like Like x 1
  34. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This is what a lot of people are baffled at. The route was set in early 2016, when most of the trains were still in FGW livery. Yet DTG decides to set every single train in GWR green, with not one in the FGW livery? See my suggestions for GWE here.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Doomotron

They were making the FGW liveries for both the 166 and HST (and the HST was leaked in a complete state, but unfortunately never released to the public). It may have been an issue with time, a stylistic choice... maybe FirstGroup wanted the new branding to be plastered all over the route to advertise GWR. Nobody knows.

• Like Like x 4
  36. raildan

I heard somewhere that at the time, substition didn't work properly when an entire train had to be the same livery, and each coach would get something randomly assigned to it. Of course, later this was fixed (as you can try yourself by repainting any MU), but these were never added as GWE was, well, as standard up until now (hoprfully not from here on out), kinda forgotten as being old.

Given they still have all the art and the new team was talking about being most excited to work on GWE (being the second oldest rpute), who knows, they could make a surprise comeback... but there were also rumors of their GWE license ending or something, and besides, it would probably be seen as too unnecessary a thing compared to bugs and stuff, like the signalling.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Would have loved the FGW livery for PlayStation.

• Like Like x 3
  38. rcdevisser

rcdevisser Active Member

I now red the Road Map but one thing is missing; The arrival of Steam Locomotives"

• Like Like x 1
  39. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

The arrival of steam still requires one more update to the Unreal Engine software. This will not happen for some time.

• Like Like x 1
  40. rcdevisser

rcdevisser Active Member

I would love to see the Black 5 and 7MT and the "Riviera in the 50's (including the engines)" coming to TSW2

• Like Like x 2
  41. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Interesting, where have you read that please?

• Like Like x 1
  42. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Totally agree, have said this myself many times. The would be an opportunity for lots of DLC too.

If service mode represented a summer Saturday in the late 50's it could very busy and immersive. A true train spotters paradise too. Could be the closest we would get to experiencing that era.

• Like Like x 3
  43. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

I would like to see the Scenario Planner upgraded to include the use of portals and being able to customise the consists and start from anywhere whin the map

• Like Like x 3
  44. neilbalcombe

neilbalcombe New Member

I was on the fence about buying TSW 2, but once I saw from the Roadmap that Dovetail games were working on the High Speed Route from St Pancras to Faversham i was sold.

I spent 20 years commuting on this route and am now very much looking forward to it being released for the game.

It's a shame the route ends at Faversham though, as there's plenty more stations further down the line, either towards Margate, or Canterbury/ Ashford.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Doomotron

I agree about having Faversham as the end point. The bit between Ebbsfleet and Ashford is (unlike most of HS1) above ground and the line via Dover is so much prettier than the northern route. I'd have the route going to Ramsgate via Dover instead of to Faversham.

• Like Like x 1
  46. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

The road map only shows what is currently being worked on. Since steam trains are not being worked on now or in the near future, they won't show up for some time.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Doomotron

The roadmap, as JGRudnick says, only shows what is currently being worked on. However, we already know that it doesn't show everything as explained in the livestreams. Steam trains are most likely being worked on a little but aren't on the roadmap so that
    • people don't pester DTG for a release date
    • they don't need to set a vague release date
    • if DTG give up with steam trains like they have with the editor, people won't make laughable threats of 'legal action' because of 'false advertising'

• Like Like x 5
  48. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

I'm sure it was stated by Matt or Sam that steam would probably not arrive until TSW 3...

• Like Like x 1
  49. seatsea

seatsea Active Member

That is not what they said, I believe what matt had was that the game update had brought some of the framework needed for steam but it would still need core improvements to get steam possible.
    TSW 3 doesn't exist in any official fashion (that we know of)...

• Like Like x 2
  50. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Worst case scenario. We have to wait for the 375 in order to have a GWR electrostar. without pantograph ofcourse.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.