Train Sim World 2: Sand Patch Grade - Fully Fueled - Full Repostado.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by edimans, Apr 22, 2021.

1. edimans

edimans New Member

Train Sim World 2: Sand Patch Grade - Fully Fueled - Full Repostado. Configuración de 3 locomotoras de tracción delantera + 1 locomotora trasera apoyando la tracción. Alternativa a la configuración original del juego.

2. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

These 'silent' or non-commentary videos are, in my opinion, about as helpful to users trying to learn as an ashtray on a motorcycle or a chocolate teapot! :(

3. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

I have tried so many times to complete this scenario, and I can't. I always end slipping, speed goes down, and I come to a halt on the 1:65. I try to improve my skills on the throttle, I watch the ampmeter and sand like my life depends on it. I fail every time, and it's really a challenge that takes some time. I have tried to set up the rear engines for traction, however 1) I am not sure I'm doing it right, since I still stall, and 2) The scenario is about attaching them to drag them up, as there is a "shortage of engineers today" which I understand would mean that there is no driver to operate the things. I am slowly giving up on ever completing this. Is it normal to gradually come down to around 6 mph before the adhesion finally gives up on you? Or is the trick that I need to be able to maintain a speed over 20 mph? Any advice and help is appreciated. Obvioulsy loosing the grip costs you the speed and you're almost done for then. But even keeping throttle well below 8, monitoring the power output and not rushing up to brake for red signals, I can not get this heavy load up to the summit.

4. mancunian#7861

We feel your pain PBrogaard. :) The secret to the SPG scenarios that involved heavy goods/wagons and a front and back loco depends on linking them up, front and back, so you can operate the back locos from the front, if you get my meaning. This isn't explained in the tutorial but someone on these forums, and again I apologise for forgetting who, has made an awesome, easy to understand guide. If you set up your locos as shown then you should be able to manage it just fine. Good luck. Let us know how you get on please. TSW2_SPG multiple loco config.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That guide is certainly useful, and I'm glad it's getting circulated. However, it does include some unnecessary steps.
    • In the trail locos, it doesn't matter whether the radio fuse is on or off. Just make sure it's on in the two leads.
    • When the auto brake valve is cut out, it doesn't matter what position the handle is in- it's completely disengaged.
    • In game, you can leave the trail locos' Engine Run and Fuel Pump switches on: only the Generator Field matters (however, IRL they all need to be off).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

Thanks, I will try that out. It’s a bit weird however, since the scenario is supposedly made as if the rear shouldn’t be operated. Or maybe I am reading the monologue wrong. But thanks anyway, that’s a simple guide, should be able to help out.

7. mancunian#7861

Thank you kindly, Bill. Very much appreciated. I'm currently in the middle of SPG Powering America part 2 ... my God it's boring keep braking, unbreaking etc all the time. I had to save and hope it doesn't cause problems later. :) I'll certainly ammend my print-out to show those adjustments. Thanks again.