PlayStation Train Sim World 2 Sand Patch Grade Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jul 2, 2020.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Our next question and answer stream will focus on Sand Patch Grade. If you have questions regarding this route please include them in this thread.

Given the importance of traction under load we'll also go into more detail on how variable adhesion works in this stream, so if you have questions on that topic please also include them below.

Obviously, some of you will have questions outside these two topics and you will get the chance to ask them (and get an answer) ahead of the launch of the game, so please try to stay on topic.

If you've not yet seen the new Sand Patch Grade trailer and article you can view it here.

The Q&A stream will take place on Friday at 19:00 UTC. You can join in live from YouTube or Twitch.

(This thread is duplicated across all three platform discussion forums - you can ask questions in any of them and they'll be added to the list.)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Are all the PS4 Trophies functional and 100% reliable for Sand Patch Grade?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

At the time of the Q&A, are there any outstanding bugs that DTG are aware of affecting Sand Patch Grade for PS4/Xbox and PC?

• Like Like x 1
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Very nice to see some video. DTG Protagonist, will there be gameplay shown in the stream tomorrow or will it be like the last one with just you and Matt chatting?

• Like Like x 3
  5. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Has bringing Sandpatch to console always been a goal? Will we see an increase in length of trains on console? Thank you!

• Like Like x 5
  6. DTG Protagonist

bart2day There won't be any additional footage in the Q&A, it'll be another all-question, all-answer session.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. bart2day

Ok. Thankyou.

8. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Question about TSW2

Hello , i bought TSW on the disk edition , if I want to recover my olds DLC’s on TSW2 , should i buy the disk edition or should I download TSW2 on PS Store ?

Cheers , thanks for you work

• Like Like x 3
  9. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

I would like to know if this is gonna be 4K for consoles and will we see game play from a console as well...it’s all very well seeing it played on a pc when Dovetail stream but I wanna see what it looks like being played on a console

• Like Like x 1
  10. DTG Protagonist

Reminder: please keep questions on topic. Not sure what the topic is? Read the first post.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

seeing as the sand patch line has been brought from TSW2020/ TS1 on consoles. will the Rivera line be brought over as well as this was a much requested line to be made for TSW on consoles

• Like Like x 1
  12. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Dear DTG team. How long will be the average mainline train at Sand Patch Grade? 100+ cars long?

• Like Like x 3
  13. VA Railfan

VA Railfan Active Member

Has the Horn sound on the AC4400CW been changed along with engine sound?

also is the GP40-2 coming as well?

What about Amtrak Capital Limited?

will any future DLCs come for sandpatch?

• Like Like x 7
  14. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

Is there a system in place that will automatically switch between Imperial and Metric depending on where the route takes place or is it still manual?

Also seeing as this is a route with a lot of switching which means a lot of stopping and starting, it can be difficult to differentiate between stopping at a marker and passing through one. It is a mistake i've made many times so it would be a good QOL change to make it easier for the player to know what to do. Anything like this been considered?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Will the GP40-2 be a future DLC for Sand Patch Grade for TSW2?

• Like Like x 4
  16. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

My question was related to this subject,I wanna see it played on a console and not pc when streamed.Will it be the same distance on console version compared to pc version

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think it’s included according to the website.

Edited: Sorry, I was thinking SD40-2. My bad!

18. jensegelykke

jensegelykke New Member

what is sand patch grade?

19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s a route in the US. If you follow the link in the original post, it explains everything.

20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Does it include the full 100-mile route?

• Like Like x 3
  21. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I have 2 questions.....what else besides performance issues caused this route to originally be PC only.)?...and 2 when it comes to csx heavy haul....what worries You at DTG about bringing this route to consles now?

• Like Like x 1
  22. docsnyder1911

They explained often, that there is a lot of work to porting it to consoles. The tools they created Sand Patch Grade with, were not optimized for consoles. The tools for all other dlc's had that optimizing.

23. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

1.) Will there be a "Free Roam" option for the Sand Patch Grade?
    2.) If so, would it include the entire route, or would it be just confined to the vicinity of the rail yard?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

will Koln cathedral be modelled next to Koln station. opps sorry this is about sand patch

25. docsnyder1911

Dear DTG team,

will there be centerbeam or other new cars at Sand Patch Grade?

Thank you very much for your answer in advance.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

If Sand Patch Grade can be ported across to TSW2 and benefit from the new features, why can't all the other routes that we have bought and paid for?

• Like Like x 6
  27. bart2day

Apparently it would take to long and be too labour intensive.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  28. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Since TSW2 is releasing after 5th July 2020, have you ensured that it will be 100% compatible with PS5 (as a PS4 title)......, in line with Sony's guidelines.........?

• Like Like x 9
  29. Munkey82

Munkey82 Member

My questions for Sand Patch Grade Route are:
    1. How long will the route length be, total route and including from one end do the other and additionally the yard track lengths?
    2. How many freight cars will be allowed on the the trains on the console version - PS4 specifically?
    3. Will you be able to put all 3 of the different engines available on this route together at the same time say in the scenario planner?
    4. What will be the total number of engines that can be on any one train?
    5. For train sounds, engine and horn, did DTG visit this route or was all the data collected from other sources?

Thank you and looking forward to this 2nd Q&A stream!

General comment - I really loved the new shots in the trailer released today, and the scenery really looks awesome and looks to be a big update from TSW.

• Like Like x 5
  30. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

First of all, thank you for given us this opportunity!.
    As a PS4 player, it will be my first time on this route. Furthermore I love heavy freight trains.

- Related to the new adhesion and traction features... We will have "sand assistance" for this purpose?
    If yes, we will have corresponding sand sound, and a visual effect of the sand falling over the rails?

- How many AC4400, are possible on the same train?
    On the video, I noticed there are only 2 on all trains. At least at the front.
    So, I would like to know if distributed power will be available too?.
    Both, more locomotives in the middle or at the end of the train.

- Information about improvements on PC for this route, mentioned there will be more driving opportunities with the AC4400.
    This means console users will have less?. Or will be the same quantity as PC ones?

- Visual quality on consoles be improved?
    I mean do we see more detailed objects, wagons, locomotives, etc, that are at further distance?
    This question be applicable for any route. But as on this specific route we, will have much longer trains, it is a very important issue.

- Finally a detail related to the new pictures available: Why the lights of the AC4400 looks so dark in one of the pictures,
    Despite they are off looks quite different comparing with the SD40 beside it. On this loco are off too.
    It is just a light effect due to the position of the camera?

Regards

• Like Like x 4
  31. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

1) Will the new CSX HH operating under TSW 2 run at full 1920 x 1080 resolution on the PS4?

2) What is the typical (not the max) frame rate we can expect to see in the new CSX HH running on the PS4?

3) Finally, will the new CSX HH running on the PS4 include all of the same features (services, scenarios, locos, etc) as the new CSX HH running on the PC?

Thanks Sam... hope you can get to all of these during the live QA, I’m sure a lot of other folks around here have the same questions.

• Like Like x 7
  32. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Only have 1 question for this route:
    will tasks only be limited to shunting and taking freight from A to B, or will there also be loading/unloading of wagons?

EDIT: 1 other question: is there a donkey somewhere :)

• Like Like x 1
  33. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I would like to ask, what are the locos included in Sand Patch grade and have we had them before in other routes (NEC, Oakville, Pen Corridor)? I am not well versed on the American stuff so I really don't know the difference between them all

• Like Like x 1
  34. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

We will be getting the EMD GP38-2, the EMD SD40-2, and the GE AC4400CW. The GP38-2's were included in the NEC, Peninsula Corridor, and Oakville Subdivision routes; the 3,000hp SD40-2 and the 4,400hp AC4400CW were exclusive only to the Sand Patch Grade on PC.

• Like Like x 2
  35. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

with track adhesion being implemented, I assume the aspect of sanding will become important. Will trains have an unlimited amount of sand on board which we can use to our hearts content, or is the amount of sand on board limited. And if so we will be able to easily check the sand level using on board instruments/gauges?

• Like Like x 2
  36. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Is all the voice acting still included? I’ve seen that in videos and wonder if it’s still included.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

What extra performance level (graphics and frame rate) for this route and the others can be achieved going from unreal engine 4.16 to 4.23, are there any significant difference or just incremental?

• Like Like x 2
  38. DTG Protagonist

Unsticking this post as we've a good number of questions now. Thanks to those who've contributed.

• Like Like x 3
  39. brodeyness4

brodeyness4 Active Member

I have 2 questions

1. Will there be rolling stock from other routes (like CN Autoracks) on Sandpatch.
    2. Are trains going to be realistic lengths (like coal trains being 90-130 cars)?