Upcoming Release Train Sim World 3 - Bustling Birmingham

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'm quite liking it so far. The Class 323 is fun to drive, the scenery is mostly well done, and having the major station in the middle of the route works better here than it did in NEC:NY, or Cathcart IMO.

Loco DLC or (even better) an expansion would be great, though. It does seem a bit empty at New Street tbh.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

I was there for that, in fact I wrote code copied from a book for hours just to get brickbat to work on an Atari. Then had to turn it off that night. Barbarian etc on early machines such as BBCs.

Stating that things get more complex is a bit of the obvious.

Advertising bustling Birmingham with its 1.2 mil passengers and then cutting it to 6 trains an hour which resembles an industrial action timetable is a bit off IMHO.

3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

My wife bought me the DLC as an anniversary present, (Still annoyed she paid £30 for it.) This is Birmingham New Street at 10am. "Bustling Birmingham"? Really? NTP put AI 47s and 45s carriages at depots and stations just to build up the world. Preservation team did an amazing job putting carriages and Locos in various sidings on WSR. But it isn't possible to put AI 323s on the other platforms just to make it seem busier?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3