Road Map Train Sim World 3 - Roadmap 6th October 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 6, 2022.

1. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Is this Partick?

• Like Like x 2
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

The missing textures are likely Adam taking a shot from a dev build before shaders have recompiled (which can take a couple of hours worst case). Read nothing into that, and focus on the awesome train, that's the bit that matters :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

With no MARC licensing for the TSC version of the WAS-BAL section of the NEC, I doubt DTG will have any plans for a MARC locomotive in the future, SEPTA is an unknown since we never seen unbranded SEPTA stuff for TSC.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. simontreanor81

Yes, this is very exciting. My preference would be something around Cologne: either to Koblenz or Duisburg. A 103 perhaps, or maybe a 110 with n-Wagen, or a 111 or 143 with x-Wagen.

• Like Like x 2
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Very likely to be a early renditons of a future route. What is just as interesting is its running in a 4+2 configuration rather than the more traditional longer formations, where did such a formation ever run?

6. SpookieWookie

SpookieWookie New Member

That is definitely Partick.

7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

It looks very similar.

8. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Definitely. It might be the Glasgow subway who knows

9. simontreanor81

1999-2000 would probably be the best time to set this: just before the big change (end of Interregio, before the Rhein-Main HSL), but recent enough that the current German stock could be layered in. The 1990s liveries were being phased out but still around, with Verkehrsrot coming in, so it was a colourful era.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. simontreanor81

I hope not: the Argyle/North Clyde lines would be a much better choice. Really varied routes with lots more potential types of journey, plus it can cross over rolling stock with Cathcart. It seems more likely as they tend not to fully model the buildings for underground stations

• Like Like x 6
  11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Rivet love to post models they have made for already made routes, the blueprints of locos and such. That particular station is a repost I believe from tsc, not tsw and given they've only made swiss content for tsc and the upcoming route is a uk one, I doubt that's it

• Like Like x 1
  12. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one in the thread has brought up the Passenger Services project listed for the Oakville Sub. Hopefully this means we'll get some GO trains to play with!

• Like Like x 3
  13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Interesting Roadmap...

Though unless I glossed over it, fixes to the main issues with Spirit Of Steam - notably the rogue SPAD's and the exceedingly odd physics since bringing across to TSW3 (as opposed to just odd in TSW2) don't rate a mention. Nor does progress on proper manual firing or taming the AI firing to prevent blowing off so much. Nor is there any inkling of additional loco or stock for this route.

New UK route, AC Electric (possibly)? Well okay but still could be just about anywhere. Any of the London terminii north of the Thames (apart from Marylebone), could be Birmingham Cross City, part of the WCML or ECML as already suggested. I just hope it ships with more conventional traction than Electrostars or similar. We are probably not going to see classic BR era 81 - 87 AC electrics, but loco hauled would be better the MU.

Another Rivet UK route. Really? Forgive me for asking this but why are DTG continuing to indulge this developer when they still haven't cleaned up the mess that is WCL. They should not be allowed to make money on any further TSW products until they sort out WCL...

A period German route, now that might get the juices flowing particularly if set prior to the ICE era and we get a 103 or similar with UIC coaching stock.

• Like Like x 4
  14. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I just got home and WOW! WHAT A ROADMAP!
    I am glad they changed it to a monthly roadmap.
    Is this new autotester a direct result of the new QA director? Kudos to whoever thought of (and implemented) it!
    I really really want TSW3 now, probably only be able to get it next year!
    DTG have really made my day with this, I feel good now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. redrev1917

Much of what you list is correct however there is this hidden on the roadmap. upload_2022-10-6_17-51-26.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. redrev1917

Glasgow Subway is DC, the roadmap code shows this is an AC route doesnt it and thus ruling out the subway.

• Like Like x 5
  17. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Test environment.

• Like Like x 2
  18. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

Passenger service for oakville :) go go go.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Something thameslink?

20. redrev1917

I really hope not, give us something up north

• Like Like x 5
  21. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

A distinct lack of any steam additions is a a tad disappointing, I had really hoped for something to flesh out SoS; the ‘spirit’ is weak it seems ☹️

• Like Like x 10
  22. rennekton#1349

It's going to be Caltrain mp36. They can't get a go license

23. simontreanor81

The fact that the UK route is only coded as AC points to some part of the WCML (but not, I suppose, the London end). The West Midlands loop would be good to see.

24. redrev1917

Hardly it could be ECML, WYPTE, GEML or a whole host of other lines

• Like Like x 4
  25. simontreanor81

Yeah fair enough.

26. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...one should keep in mind that not everything will be published at once. This release plan is expected to last until summer 2023. After that, the new fiscal year will begin with new projects planned. The new German routes are partially known, on the one hand the leaked Niddertalbahn and a tunnel-free route (according to Lukas comments, no wonder after KWB). Rail fans from the UK get a lot of supplies, while fans of US routes on the opposite side are staring a little down the drain. So a lot going on at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Technically there's also two now with Caltrain, if DTG ever did a electrified version of the route it could either subbed in, or be redone with Caltrain livery, maybe in a cheaper pack like the ATSF F7.

That said I highly doubt we'd see any of these engines on anything but Amtrak routes, most are questionable due to the licensing, and Caltrain I don't think is likely. So I don't think either of these engines really have have anymore utility across multiple routes than the Acela Express. Besides, NEC is quite big, they could get two or three more routes out of it easily if they want to. One more major point for it it would bring new services to BS, the AEM-7 and HHP-8 would just be doing the same tasks that the ACS-64 which comes with the route already does.
    Honestly I'm somewhat surprised, with SoS having gotten the updated lighting I would've figured they had something coming up fairly soon. Especially since now there's two new UK routes coming in the modern era, so it's unlikely there's gonna be another steam route this year, unless it's a US one.

28. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn’t pay attention to the code to be fair I stopped doing so as DTG did quite some mistakes with it but at least it won’t be that boring circular line
    Maybe a fictional livery that ressembles the Go one. River did it with IOW2022

• Like Like x 1
  29. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I do hope the British AC routes include an AC loco or two and not just another EMU, though I probably wouldn't say no to a pendo as at least you have full view out of the cab window

• Like Like x 2
  30. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Go to AlanThomsonSim.com, then click on the big YouTube banner on the side. Whose channel does it lead to?

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  31. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

A Question for the Stream: Will there be more Sales on Xbox for TSW3?

32. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If the new US loco is the Acela, Boston Sprinter better be sorted before then so that the signalling system works properly. I can’t remember the last time I even tried to play it for that reason.

• Like Like x 8
  33. rennekton#1349

That is up to xbox. Only like the popular games get like big sales it seems most of the time

34. rennekton#1349

Iow 2022 was like half licensed. Island line logo was licensed and swr is still in the talks

35. North, South, East or west makes no difference to me. Just with the Thameslink services on sehs left open, it was just a thought. Could always be another sehs extension :|

• Like Like x 1
  36. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

They are one and very much the same person.

• Like Like x 2
  37. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

WOW! A lovely new Roadmap with a lot of interesting and exciting stuff, that is for sure! :cool::D

I see it hasn't been mentioned here yet, but this is particularly interesting:

*We have strong relationships and a good history of working with the United Kingdom rail industry and following on from the development of Train Sim World 3, we are excited to be bringing some of this expertise and experience to a range of new products which we are confident will push the boundaries of what's possible. We are also working with yet another partner who will bring a new country to the TSW line up. More on them in the future.*

Christrains? :love::cool: *keep fingers crossed*

A real question for the Roadmap stream: will the ICE1 (or any other 'new' locomotives for that matter) be layered in older (former) TSW2 routes?

• Like Like x 4
  38. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Everyone has to ask JD to look at his Teams messages whilst on air.... :P

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  39. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

YES FINALLY!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  40. rennekton#1349

The timetable would have to be redone if there isn't space for the ice1.

41. redrev1917

Yes please!!!

• Like Like x 4
  42. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

This, or something really new like an Austrian Route for instance.

• Like Like x 3
  43. redrev1917

With a bit of forward planning by DTG in the design phase it could be rebuilt into a ALP-44 without too much hard work which would increase its scope somewhat. Yeah I realise Ive just used the phases forward planning and DTG in the same breath...

• Like Like x 1
  44. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Loving that beautiful HST, finally! I just wish we could use the door at the back of the powercar, the inside seems to be modelled and everything.

As surprised as other people that ATS are coming into TSW, lets hope that something has happened which means there will be far more 3rd party attraction and ease of operating and we get vastly more content as a result. Certainly some humble pie has been eaten at some point.

Obviously one thing they are always linked to are the complete ECML and WCML routes for TSC, wonder if that is why DTG never bothered with any of it so far? Maybe now DTG will make a few stand-alone portions and ATS will do the bits inbetween...interesting times.

• Like Like x 2
  45. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The ‘other’ one should change his name to avoid any confusion. He could be Alvin Timpson or Albert Tatlock or something.

• Like Like x 3
  46. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Rivet route could be the Glasgow Suburban?

Hentis

47. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  48. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

49. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

• Like Like x 1
  50. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well it is the most interesting road map in a long while.

Personally I would have liked one modern route and maybe one older UK route but these things can't be helped. I suspect the Rivet route will be Edinburgh to Glasgow, just a gut feeling. Not sure about the DTG route but Cross City seems likely.

I was also surprised by ATS appearing as he isn't the most complimentary about DTG or TSW from what I have seen.

I am disappointed in the lack of DLC for SOS, I would have thought something would have been announced by now.

Depending on the content of the new routes, TSW will stay uninstalled for the foreseeable future.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 4