Road Map Train Sim World 3 - Roadmap Part 2 11th August 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 11, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 20
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

OK, having read through two extensive (albeit useful) adverts for TSW3, I see that some TSW2 fixes are mentioned at the end of the first roadmap. I can’t see anything about the red light and out of memory problems that affect London Commuter and Riesa Dresden though. As this is one of the most serious game breaking issues, can we please get some info on what is being done about these?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I believe they're talked about in the 'Dispatcher'/'Save Game' section in part 1 - in terms of OoM, we're hopeful there'll be an improvement with the release of the Add-ons Manager.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Those new clouds make the world look so much better and more realistic, I really like them.

• Like Like x 11
  5. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

Will the East Coastway 377 be updated to the BML one?

• Like Like x 4
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Outstanding!

7. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

upload_2022-8-11_11-25-34.png Well this caught my attention

• Like Like x 3
  8. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I believe the screenshots come from the PC version so it would be great to show the consoles version especially the PS5/SeriesX

9. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

So I think I saw a very weathered 66 at the bottom...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

This update is the one I can confidently say will make a notable difference to the game. It touches on so many things that have always bugged me about TSW, like clouds, dynamic weather, snow, lighting and even the NPCs. I've always avoided specific times of the day, seasons on types of weather because of their flaws and hopefully I will no longer have to... on the new routes at least, the old ones are sadly getting left behind, which is a disappointment.
    I'm also worried how all of this is going to affect performance, which is already very poor even on good systems. If it gets any worse it will likely be a problem for a large portion of the players.
    But anyway, great job to all the developers at DTG for bringing us this update, which must have taken a lot of work and dedication!

• Like Like x 9
  11. lord everything

Also I must say that smashing around the training centre in an ice 3 will be very fun in snow

• Like Like x 2
  12. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Very happy to see that Maik from TSG was involved with the ICE and it’s sound! Looking forward to this…

• Like Like x 6
  13. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

So no third rail or overhead sparks for the old routes. That's sad. But nice to see new changes to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Very nice. The new lighting and skies looks very promising, and a lot of AI traffic at Würzburg. But im not really sure if this is worth buying even if Maik worked on the ICE 1...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

Well see this

Deluxe Edition 59€ now €54 with pre-order discount.
    Standard edition €45
    Starter Pack 35€ all 4 of them.

So they say southeastern and Spirit of steam is free for who own then in tsw 2 ?

Well lets figure you own Southeastern. You dont have to buy standard or deluxe edition, you can buy 1 of the starter pack not the 1 with southeastern offcourse, so you get german or us routes plus southeaster, so left you to buy one route that dont have in the starter pack you dont have buyed. So 35€ plus the route missing plus €30 if they keep the same price of the routes, total €35+€30=€65 so what are free?? even if we buy the deluxe edition witch comes with all routes is cheaper. Is just DTG throwing sand to our eyes.

So they dont have a pack with only German and US route for people who own already Southeastern and spirit of steam. So i dont get it, what are free?

• Like Like x 5
  16. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's kinda shady for current owner of SEHS. The fact there's no pre-purchase special price/discount price other than the Deluxe Edition Bundle also kind of annoy me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Nice to see they finally took my suggestion to bring back the TestTrak from Train Simulator, that was a very fun part of the game. Not sure about the overdramatic scenery but I'll wait to see more before I say I like or don't like it. Admittedly the Training Centre is the only part of TSW3 I have any interest or excitement in; the game itself is too expensive but if they released a £15 version that just had the Training Centre (to function as a base back to pick your own DLCs) I'd probably pick it up at some point. It doesn't fix the other glaring issues with TSW3 but at least the Training Centre is an upgrade.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

The comparison shots of the lighting difference on the platforms of St Pancras are very impressive

• Like Like x 2
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Always good news. I think it’s the easiest route to get excited about too. As much as I like pulling heavy freight and also UK trains of all kinds, I love to get up to some serious speed as well and the service pattern also looks the most interesting of the three routes. I love driving with LZB as well.

• Like Like x 4
  20. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

At what time of day? I'd like to see a train drive at say 2.00am in the morning and then comment on the lighting.

JD I asked before but did not get an answer. How will the 'Training CENTER' be spelt in the UK version. I ask this as watching some of the recent streams DTG kept using the American spelling which is fine for the US version but I fought it odd as I presume most of you are British no?

• Like Like x 4
  21. lord everything

Anyone gonna talk about the weathered 66 at the bottom?

• Like Like x 1
  22. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Think thats the class 66 in the training centre livery

23. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Seeing more detail on the training centre is cool, it is a lot more substantial than I expected.

24. lord everything

Much better than the TS2022 one

25. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I'm all for the dynamic weather potentially wreaking havoc on the line. I love the notion that autopiloting will be a thing of the past. That said if there are delays on the line caused by the weather that causes my run to be delayed it should not cost me a gold medal because I loose points on my departure times. I hope that's not the case.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Narkyx

Narkyx Member

I feel like im the only one who is saddened about the new features not coming for the tsw/tsw2 add-ons (except dynamic weather) but what a joke. I mean how hard is it to implement the features in old routes ? If it works for the new ones why not the older ones ??
    If only it was coming "later in the year" okay but looks like it will never come. Guess explanation will be tell in the stream hopefully.

Sorry for looking a bit irritated lol.. Still happy for the changes tho :p

• Like Like x 12
  27. lord everything

Well, mabye they will be slowly rolled out like the PIS displays and livery designer compatability was on routes from tsw1 to tsw2 by preservation crew

• Like Like x 1
  28. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Fair play, I'm glad the 375 sounds will be upgraded (let's hope East Coastway's 377 gets the same treatment). I'm also looking forward to the improved 395 sounds, they never were that great.

• Like Like x 2
  29. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

"We can confirm that, of these new features, Dynamic Weather will be available for Train Sim World Compatible content (previously ‘Preserved Collection’). The remaining Features listed above will only be available within Train Sim World 3 content on launch"

Well I cant say I support this decision atleast it's clear what is happening.

• Like Like x 4
  30. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Impressive. Most impressive

Hopefully the final release will be good. DTG tend to hype up their products only for the final product to either be good or a mixed bag.

Shame that the tsw2 content will only get dynamic weather though

• Like Like x 3
  31. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Rain sounds on umbrella's which I won't hear whilst I'm sat in my cab but no mention of Tunnel reverb sounds which I SHOULD be hearing whilst sat in my cab when going through a tunnel.

I do like that the white flash effect when exiting a tunnel though, been hoping for that in TSW since watching cab ride vids. Just need sounds to change when in and exiting tunnels!

• Like Like x 13
  32. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Training Centre can that support Different train protection systems like the Dutch ATB EG NG Belgian TBL and Memor II systems ETCS Levels 1 & 2 first seen on Luzern Sursee. Because in real life the test track that it's based on supports that stuff Siemens Krefeld.

33. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Lots to be excited about IMO:

PBL- the most exciting development for me. When this was introduced for ETS2/ATS, it was a major improvement in not just the lighting, but the overall graphical presentation of the game. Even better, there was very little performance hit. We haven't seen any night screenshots yet, but as long as the appropriate work was done on the materials of the in-game assets, it should be a major improvement there as well.

Test track- honestly never messed with it in TSC, but looks pretty cool, and decoupling trains from routes is a big step forward. "Built with expansion in mind"- perhaps a hint at a more modular approach to route design in TSW3.

Dynamic weather and improved weather effects- not game-changers, but another step towards more realism.

Sound- seems like their sound producer "gets it"- i think the audio has been slowly improving in recent releases, so lets hope the team keeps improving. New recordings for the ES44C4, ICE1, and Class 66 sounds from AP maybe points to some of the COVID-related production challenges easing up a bit.

Very much looking forward to more info and the upcoming release.

• Like Like x 3
  34. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I suppose it really depends where it is set rather than DTG are from. If it is deemed to be in America, CENTER would be correct. No Biggie IMHO though.

35. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

No it’s an EWS livery, the training livery was just plain Grey, with the yellow & black chevrons up front.

36. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

upload_2022-8-11_13-2-20.png

Couple questions here:
    1- But where are you getting the ES44 sounds from? "We were very fortunate to have recordings..." is very ambiguous and doesn't instill in may a lot of hope. Did you take them from one of your TSC addons, from Skyhook (for HSC), or are they fresh recordings? If its not a new sound set that can accurately capture a GEVO then that reaffirms to me that US content really is bottom of the barrel for you. Also, you just say "prime mover", what about other sounds of the loco (traction motors, compressor, etc.)?
    2- What about the SD40? That also is in desperate need of a new, updated sound set/audio overhaul. The original SPG sounds have got to go.

I really hope you stand by this. That first sentence doesn't apply to any previous iteration of this game.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

UE 5 elements are making it into TSW 3 then. Interesting. The lighting in the screenshots looks very good.

• Like Like x 1
  38. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Very impressive information and pictures- easily one of the most significant steps forward in TSW's history visualwise.
    This looks really really good and I'm very looking forward to it! Also the audio improvements sound very promising - how great would it be to have those two major areas 'solved' !

The new UI seems promising as well.
    I don't know if it eas mentioned in one of the other threads but does the no longer necessary route bindings of a loco mean there are no longer multiple versions of one and the same engine / Dosto cab car? ;)
    I mean, it would only be logical...

• Like Like x 1
  39. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I was excited by the build up and reveal show (Kudos to whichever team / marketing was responsible) but upon further roadmap info and faq the details seem less impressive.

"Everything you currently own for Train Sim World 2 will be immediately available for TSW3 upon release".....JD (Stream)
    Whilst technically true its very disappointing the PS5 DLC limit isnt ready for TSW£ for release. Unsure how much "after" refers too but hope its days not months. How long does DTG expect this to be and if TSW2 gets it before TSW3 release is that in the next 1-3 weeks?

The training center looks a great idea as long as there is genuine training to be achieved like pzb lzb and other safety systems that never really get touched on beyond long youtube clips which whilst grateful isnt as easy as practical hands on learning which I hope the center / centre brings. I look fwd to seeing this in future streams. Also its upgradeable makes it sound interesting too.

If I had one main question to ask it would be: You claimed that the down period was too resolve TSW2 issues like rush hour etc (Which I hope in the future could get TSW3 upgrade treatment - It was the best release yet and deserved preserving better than the state its in now - But sadly by roadmap seems not to be the case :() How much TSW2 fixes have occurred or has this been a pure get TSW3 ready period that you couldn't announce. Like so many bugs, issues etc have been ongoing and long term and like many we got hopeful that you claimed you were committing quality time to resolve. My qu: Did any of this happen?

Long Routes - looks great / good next level progress for DTG but then Rush Hour came to nothing.... Will future routes be shorter again?

As for other effects and improvements Ill hold judgement until we can see in live streams rather than edited promos.

Im certainly interested in TSW3 but you don't seem to have helped your reputation for not fixing issues and quitting and moving on. I truly hope this is not the case; but 2 yrs as a DTG user and we often hear lots of words / we've learnt etc ...... But the proof is in the pudding and this recent event(s) hasn't but a pos+ spin on DTG support/direction.

I wish TSW3 luck, look fwd to more positive reports and feedback from the community and hopefully DTGs reputation can rise for the better.

• Like Like x 3
  40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

41. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

There’s lots of us with you

• Like Like x 7
  42. lord everything

I must also say I hope some more high speed routes from other countries come in this later on because having routes the length of Kassel - Wurzburg opens up many possibilities for French, Italian high speed etc

• Like Like x 1
  43. dhekelian

There were other Americanisms in there as well. So do you think Americans would be satisfied if it was spelt 'Training Centre' I don't think so and nor should they. But you seem to be saying it is OK if the UK version is spelt incorrectly.

• Like Like x 2
  44. lord everything

Surely just change it by region? Lol

45. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'm American and i don't give a crap how it's spelled. Jfc, how is this in the least bit important????

• Like Like x 5
  46. dhekelian

I think you misunderstand what I am asking. Going by a recent stream DTG were pushing 'Training Center' and I have the feeling that is way it is spelt in the UK version as well, I just wanted clarification. If it is spelt correctly in the UK version then great.

So because language is not important to you does that then mean everybody then?

• Like Like x 2
  47. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Amazing! Love the detailed explanations and comparison shots. This is clearly a completely new game in many aspects, and the training center is also so much more than just a loop for tutorials. Great to hear that many of these innovations will also make their way to Gen8.

As you’re requesting some suggestions for the Training Center, here are a few:
    • A few kilometers of curvy track with steep inclines, kind of like the climb up the Tharandter Rampe when approaching from Dresden.
    • A few kilometers of mostly flat track (maybe with a few slight inclines and curves to make it realistic) with lots of stations. This would help players get their stop timing and precision right in all kinds of trains! Since the Training Center is a fictional environment, lots of different station types (German, British, American, Modern, Historical, Overground, Underground, …) could be present. Would be a great way to reuse assets from older routes!
    • For the roleplayers out there, a small station near the Training Center main building (with the same design/style) would be cool. Quite a few test tracks have these small stations to provide visitors the opportunity to come aboard the test rides.

48. lord everything

Oh OK well considering that DTG are based over here in Britain I should think and hope so...

• Like Like x 1
  49. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Creating that Training Center must have been a fun job! The most creative people of the DTG team could go wild with it! :)

50. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Center... Centre... really, if native English speakers can't even agree on how to spell words, how are non-native English speakers supposed to learn the language...

Lets put the discussion aside and just use the German translation. Seems to be based upon a German facility so it makes sense, and at least the Germans are consistent with how they spell and pronounce words... it simply is a better language.

• Like Like x 4