Train Sim World 3 - Southeastern High Speed Deep Dive

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think we're talking metaphors here.
    But, hey, nothing would surprise me in a stream at the moment. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I think this calls for a poll.

3. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

We have a stream this week which will aim to show as much as we can, have asked to see if we can show the updated signalling.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

I actually don't want to see a stream as blurry 30 fps stuttering mess on old gen 8 Consoles as introduction.
    They should showcase the product on pc and / or gen 9 for the first time(s).

• Like Like x 6
  5. Do dtg ever plan to go beyond dartford?

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. DTG said they only extended it due to popularity which is odd considering SKA was the most popular core route in tsw2. Surely that deserves an extension?

I wouldn't expect extensions anytime soon to be honest. When they do something good they always fall back with their excuses as to why they won't do something that they did well to future routes. It's like when one feature was introduced to tsw2 but that feature wasn't introduced to future content. Made no sense

7. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

SEHS was probably chosen because it's the most popular UK route, also maybe due to it being easier to extend an existing route to make the overall length look good on the box rather than build an 80+ mile route from scratch in the time available (the last UK route was SOS only a few months ago - you'd likely need a few more months to build a new route of such length).

• Like Like x 1
  8. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Is it?

9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It was at some point pre-rush hour, not sure where it stands now.

In any case it would probably only be second to BML, and while it would be nice to see some extensions there, the one for SEHS is more meaningful.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

11. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

It is on my PS5 version the most played route (level 40 I believe). It would be great to see what is the most popular UK route played by the UK contingent.

I personally thought that Great Western Express would have been more popular to be honest, but having said that with SEHS Was there with work to be done. If they were going to say extend GWE to Oxford via Didcot (like in TSC) then it would have had to have been a complete rebuild from the ground up, also new rolling stock (800, 345) . SEHS on the other hand was just a route extension with the odd bit of track relaying and complete OHLE replacement. Kind of an easier job. However having said that I still would have preferred an extended GWE. But it is what it is.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It was said in a live stream that SEHS was the most played route of all routes in TSW with LGV slightly behind it, and that was the case up until SoS was released and that then became the most played.

13. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Oh, I never realised what a small minority I was part of. I haven't played either of those routes in at least a year.

14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I have played it off and on, but my overarching view is that the high speed section was too short and the bus service trundle through North Kent's nondescript scenery a bit boring and tedious. NTP probably my most played UK route, though GWE comes close simply because of the Legends pack.

15. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

How would this kind of move be handled in real life? Would a guard/conductor ride at the rear and communicate with the driver via radio to let him know it was safe to move/when to stop?

16. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Anyone know when the freight pass by the hs1 line just intrigued to see if its only morning and evening runs or all day